Skip to main content

Why Did They Win?

natalia

Can we start from 2001 all the way to 2013 and discuss WHY that person won their series?
Even the runner up can be discussed.

What characteristics does a winner possess and what makes them win/likeable? Were they easy to relate to or just super funny?

Did you vote for the winner and why? And stuff like that.

My curiosity started when I remembered that during one of the bb years - 2008 a lady won who everyone supposedly hated so yeah.

I'll start with my opinion on 2013 the only year I have ever voted lol: Tim Dormer
Won because: He was super unique he brought fun to the show and was extremely entertaining to watch.
He made risks that people would not have made and messed around with the dynamics. He made himself stand out from day 1 and easily made people love and hate him. He was courageous and had quirky characteristics which in my opinion made him the 2013 winner.

Runner Up Jade: played the game with her heart.

Ben '01, Peter, Trevor and the Logans (probably others too) won because vote to evict. (bland personality = no one pays money to evict you)

Terri and Ben '12 won because of voter manipulation via showing the tallies with the faces either during the finale or shortly before it.

Tim won because he was the producer favourite. Sorry, I said it.

Me bitter?

I don't think so. I think he may have MADE himself the producers favourite by being one of the best housemates in BBAU history. He didn't start out that way though. Ben was the favourite to win. I'm pretty sure Alex Mav has basically said as much too.

I think @Timdormer is one of the most deserving winners out of all the winners. Reggie is up there for me also.

So why did Terri win? 2008.

All I remember is the runner up that year was pretty BLEH as well.
I think I liked Ben from that year..he was cool.

The Logans won in 2005 because their family spent up big on phone votes(remember Facebook and twitter didn't exist then). Dave Logan was evicted a few weeks before the end of that season for a reason, so he could finance the campaign to get him and his brother the prize money.
Tim Brunero was robbed that year, he should have won.

Me bitter?

It was quite obvious early on that Ben 'from Brisbane' (blegh) was producer favourite. He was on ads before the season started, he was given that executive assistant job story line. He got plenty of solo screen time chatting to his photos. As the season went on Tim shenanigans pushed him up in popularity and production started to value him more and pushed him more. Though he did get some good stuff early on with the ice cream choice.

I don't think so. I think he may have MADE himself the producers favourite by being one of the best housemates in BBAU history. He didn't start out that way though. Ben was the favourite to win. I'm pretty sure Alex Mav has basically said as much too.

I think @Timdormer is one of the most deserving winners out of all the winners. Reggie is up there for me also.

100% agree about Tim.

Season 4 should have gone to Paul Dyer. My fave hm along side Tim

Dunno if this might help refresh some memories?

BB Winners

2001: Ben Williams
2002: Peter Corbett
2003: Regina Bird
2004: Trevor Butler
2005: Greg Matthew (Logan Greg)
2006: Jamie Brooksby
2007: Aleisha Lee Cowcher
2008: Terri Munro
-
2012: Benjamin Norris
2013: Tim Dormer
2014: Marina (just kidding...)

:geek:

Definitely seems to be a bit of nice/safe/bland and/or funny pattern in there ('til it moved to Ch. 9...)

So why did Terri win? 2008.

That one has puzzled me for years. It's such a strange thing to have happened. And it's weird, too, because I remember actually voting for her to win, but I don't remember why I did now that I look back. And she never really seemed "liked" either from what I recall, so... yeah, I don't really know. It's so weird.

I have no idea why Trevor or Jamie won either, or Greg, really.

I still don't know why Jamie'06 won. He was an extremely bland housemate. Big, dynamic personalities usually win. And in that year, it should've been Camilla or David.

That was a bland year. Not the blandest but it was a below average series.

Agreed Tim took risks, and thought about what the audience wanted to see. Reggie was being herself and that made for good Aussie TV.

Back