Skip to main content

Why are people scared to keep in interesting HMs?

I think they need to change the way the housemates vote so that its a different mix every week. Vote to save is fine as long as its a different group up every time. People like the sugar sisters, Ed, and Mikkayla would have gone weeks ago if they had been up earlier in the piece. Matt was only kicked out because he got swapped in and Caleb only went up because BB gave him those 2 points of his own tally otherwise they would still be there.

Personally I think they need to do away with the superpower and just make it 'themed' noms every week. Pick some things like 'petty reasons', person you don't want to win, etc and not let it be all wishy washy. I mean even during the strategy one Tahan and the Sisters voted for each other still. BB needs to go hard or just let every one be up every week.

I think they need to change the way the housemates vote so that its a different mix every week. Vote to save is fine as long as its a different group up every time. People like the sugar sisters, Ed, and Mikkayla would have gone weeks ago if they had been up earlier in the piece. Matt was only kicked out because he got swapped in and Caleb only went up because BB gave him those 2 points of his own tally otherwise they would still be there.

Personally I think they need to do away with the superpower and just make it 'themed' noms every week. Pick some things like 'petty reasons', person you don't want to win, etc and not let it be all wishy washy. I mean even during the strategy one Tahan and the Sisters voted for each other still. BB needs to go hard or just let every one be up every week.

I think your second paragraph contradicts your first paragraph. You don't want people to give wishy washy nominations, yet you want to see Mikkayla go(?) who is probably the only person in the house that has consistently not given wishy washy nominations. Why not get rid of Tahan? She is the one that keeps saying she doesn't like the sugar sister because they are sweet and she doesn't like sweet thinks and not giving actual reasons each week.

I think your second paragraph contradicts your first paragraph. You don't want people to give wishy washy nominations, yet you want to see Mikkayla go(?) who is probably the only person in the house that has consistently not given wishy washy nominations. Why not get rid of Tahan? She is the one that keeps saying she doesn't like the sugar sister because they are sweet and she doesn't like sweet thinks and not giving actual reasons each week.

Oh who cares, they vote for each other, every week.

I have said before, I know your Mikkayla number one fan and all but I think you seriously missed the point of my post. I didn't say anything about Mikkayla's noms. It was general comment over that included all housemates, but because I happened to mention Mikkayla as one that would have maybe already been voted out, I mean how dare I! ALL the housemates (noticed I said all) have been able to get away with some crappy excuses to put people up and its left us with the same base up every week. Just because someone has been saved by the save/swap thing does not equal popularity on the outside. And I think you need to keep that in mind before you try to run people down that may not like Mikkayla as a housemate.

Last edited:
Vote to save has been pretty good this year at keeping the interesting housemates in. The only exception has been Tully, and that was more a problem with them reducing the number of nominees too soon and by too many. I would have waited another week or so, and only reduced the number by one at a time, rather than a sharp jump from six to three. Having six up has been one of the best changes this series, it made it less likely that every person up would be a big character.

Agree.

Most interesting people this year- Tim, Tully and Justynn.
2/3 already gone.. And everyone HATED Tim for the first few weeks and he probably would have left if he was up for nomination during that time.
Apparently Aussies have a fettish for boring tv.

I'm glad the mean people go sooner. What kind of message would it send to young kids if they stayed? It's okay to be a cheater..it's okay to be aggressive? You don't always have to be a mean or psycho to be entertaining.

Justynn was about as interesting for as long as he was in there, if that. It's good that he only lasted 2 days.

Tully's about the same, I think plenty of us had enough of her possessiveness over Drew (and vice versa, she might have still been interesting if Drew had been booted instead). When she announced her mutiny against Tim, that seemed kind of exciting, except she stopped at making friends with Tim's closest ally. Big mistake, Tully.

And yes we all love Tim. I think Tim's showing in the house actually exacerbated Justynn's abysmal failure to show how it can be done right and how it can be done very, very wrong. You have to feel bad for the guy. Just not enough to keep him in.

I'm glad the mean people go sooner. What kind of message would it send to young kids if they stayed? It's okay to be a cheater..it's okay to be aggressive? You don't always have to be a mean or psycho to be entertaining.

Yeah I'm open to keeping the villain around, until the last week even, but it gets more noticeably tricky at the end...I wouldn't want to be awarding someone money for douchebaggery.

Also worth mentioning is that even though Tahan isn't that likeable, you can't really say she's not "interesting". She's one of the HMs you'd like to see make it to the final five, but only to keep the pot stirring. That's the whole topic of this thread, and for her, it's a textbook example of someone who might seem like a bad HM to be evicted that should really stay in there (as opposed to getting mad and yelling Evict Them!!!)

Thank you! You can still be entertaining and a decent human being. I don't want another last year winner

I have said before, I know your Mikkayla number one fan and all but I think you seriously missed the point of my post. I didn't say anything about Mikkayla's noms. It was general comment over that included all housemates, but because I happened to mention Mikkayla as one that would have maybe already been voted out, I mean how dare I! ALL the housemates (noticed I said all) have been able to get away with some crappy excuses to put people up and its left us with the same base up every week. Just because someone has been saved by the save/swap thing does not equal popularity on the outside. And I think you need to keep that in mind before you try to run people down that may not like Mikkayla as a housemate.

I got your point. I just found it amusing that the one person in the house you have a problem with is probably the only one nominating in the way you want them to nominate.

I agree with you. I would love for Tahan to have to come up with a legitimate reason and example every week for nominating the sisters. I'm guessing we would hearing lots of umms arrrs.

Not sure if it was on purpose, but your avatar reminds me of Katie & Lucy :D

LOL... not on purpose. I have had this avatar for all the years that I have been on here. Not even for any particular reason, it was a pretty random choice at the time, but I have been pretty loyal to it.

Why do you people keep doing it year after year?
Keep voting out the people who actually cause something to happen.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of viewers who watch BB don't share your opinion & booted them out.. I agree with the majority, both Tully & Justin were annoying - glad to see them gone :)

hey, man, if you didn't vote enough to save them, you have no one to blame but yourself. get dialling! :p

I got your point. I just found it amusing that the one person in the house you have a problem with is probably the only one nominating in the way you want them to nominate.

I agree with you. I would love for Tahan to have to come up with a legitimate reason and example every week for nominating the sisters. I'm guessing we would hearing lots of umms arrrs.

Trust me - I have problems with all the housemates, the beauty of us all being flawed human beings! I did really like Mikkayla in the beginning but sadly she has become bitter and sad to watch over the weeks. Now that could be from editing, (we all know its kind of crappy) but she just seems to be heading down a angry path. When she did the body part challenge with Tully, that was the last time we saw her happy and having fun. I think if the sisters go this week it might shock her from this queen bee thing she has going on and might get some fun stuff for her again.

Only doormat intruders have much of a chance as anyone who is a challenge to any existing HMs will not find much support sadly. And in a head to head poll it's basically a vote to evict, as people will just vote for someone to evict someone else. And a vote to evict always gets rid of more interesting people and therefore Justynn didn't have a chance in hell.

She has very legitimate reasons, she finds them boring and irritating. They also keep insisting they are oh so perfect while wanting to slander her at the same time. They also keep to their little clique and have the very unfair advantage of being able to support each other in the house, an advantage nobody else has.

Back