Skip to main content

Why are people scared to keep in interesting HMs?

The10thDoctor

Why do you people keep doing it year after year?
Keep voting out the people who actually cause something to happen.

Everything not involving Justynn this week has been dead boring. Tully gets voted out and the show plumetts. The only interesting thing, or the only action, has been from Justynn. So what happens then? You people vote out Justynn!
The people left behind just dont do anything.
For over a decade now people have been voting out people who will kick up a stink and make noise...then every year the last few weeks become a snoozefest and people complain.

For god sakes..stop voting out people you dont like or wouldnt want to live with! these people are not going to be your flat mates!!
I for one think Mikayla is a disgusting person..the way she trested Justynn and spoke to him was aweful.. but i see her potential for causing conflict and would keep her there.

Ben.i reckon he would be a top bloke to know in the real world and i'd love to hang out with him...but i want him out because as a tv character he is boring.

BBAU can never be truly great, it will never acheive the heights it should be reaching. I used to think it was because the producers put in the wrong type of peope..and i still think they do put in the wrong types mostly..but the reason it will never soar is because the stupid voting public want a safe and harmonious house.

Next year just send in 12 boxes of grass seed..because thats what the last few weeks will bring us..boredom

Um, people HAVEN'T been voting out interesting people this year - Tahan, Mikkayla, Ben & Tim are still there, and Jade isn't a shrinking violet. More than anything, I'm glad that dullards Matt & Caleb are gone. I like to see a good blow-up between people a la Tahan & Mikkayla, but the frequent nastiness towards/about others (but never to their faces) that Heidi was neck-deep in isn't my cup of tea and certainly isn't "interesting".

So true, I agree 100%.

Next year (if they have a "next year") forget vote to save, vote to evict - each week they should evict the housemate whose name has been least mentioned on social media/ real media/ and Google searched.

So true, I agree 100%.

Next year (if they have a "next year") forget vote to save, vote to evict - each week they should evict the housemate whose name has been least mentioned on social media/ real media/ and Google searched.

Vote to evict is even less likely to keep interesting people in. You count Tully as an interesting person, she would have been gone in the first couple of weeks with vote to evict. Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla...they'd all be gone the first few weeks. Matt, Caleb, Ed would be the final three.

EDIT: whoops. Didn't read your whole post, so what I said doesn't apply to what you've written. As for what you did write, something like that would work for handing out the nominations superpower or something, not as the vote.

As for the OP, depends on your definition of enjoyment. I think, for the most part, the voting to save has done its job. Boring people like Caleb, Matt, Sharon have left. I didn't get any enjoyment out of watching Tully or Heidi. I found them both cringe worthy and it has been a better experience for me as a viewer without them there. If Tim and Tahan go in the next couple of weeks it probably will be a snooze fear though.

Vote to evict is even less likely to keep interesting people in. You count Tully as an interesting person, she would have been gone in the first couple of weeks with vote to evict. Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla...they'd all be gone the first few weeks. Matt, Caleb, Ed would be the final three.

As for the OP, depends on your definition of enjoyment. I think, for the most part, the voting to save has done its job. Boring people like Caleb, Matt, Sharon have left. I didn't get any enjoyment out of watching Tully or Heidi. I found them both cringe worthy and it has been a better experience for me as a viewer without them there. If Tim and Tahan go in the next couple of weeks it probably will be a snooze fear though.

I typed that wrong, I mean forget vote to save OR evict (have neither) and yes she would have been gone very early on.

I think the main reason people voted Tully out was because no one wanted to watch her cheat on her girlfriend. Other than that, I'm really not sure what other "big personalities" have been voted out? Justynn seemed overly aggressive when he first came in which is when the public was voting so naturally he got booted.

I think Australia is doing great. I fast forwarded through Tully. And Justynn was uncomfortable to watch. Watching Justynn and Tully was like watching somebody preform eye surgery. It makes you want to cringe and not look.

Now that they're gone I can actually see full episodes. It's weird to me that people think you need raging psychos, crying, fights, etc to be entertained. I would like the show more if it was more funny. Not more demented. I'm sorry, but I honestly honestly honestly do not find psycho behavior interesting or entertaining AT ALL. I can't even fully describe how NOT entertained I am by that nonsense.

Tim is the most entertaining and interesting person in the house and he's still there.

JustYnn's eviction was the right one. If you're going to create drama, make sure theres a point behind it. Unfortunately Nathan was our only and wrong alternative. The Tully thing had become boring but I agree the Sugar sisters should have been evicted before Her or Matt & Caleb even if only by a week. Sharron, Jasmin, Rohan & Xavier were all the right choice.

How do they make any money when the show is finally cancelled because we are forced to watch people like Katie and Lucy make it to the final stages of the show?

I don't think Katie and Lucy are going to last too much longer.

It's a pity that people tend to vote out the only people who do anything notable in the house, that's the problem. Right now we have two intruders in the house, one who may actually be interesting who everyone seems to want out, and one who seems as bland as oatmeal who everyone is voting to keep in.

But so long as there is Big Brother in Australia (however long or short a time that may be)... they are never going to do away with public voting at a price.

I typed that wrong, I mean forget vote to save OR evict (have neither) and yes she would have been gone very early on.

Yeah I realised after I posted that I hadn't read your post properly, sorry about that.

it all depends on what you find interesting.
Tully sooking up a storm and Miks bitching got boring real fast for me.

I too find it annoying how people always hate the interesting housemates.

I preferred Justynn to Nathan, but am I the only one that felt Justynn wasn't THAT much of a stirrer, he just thought he was?

Really I don't think you have a point here at all.
Last year and this year the most antagonising and interesting housemates stayed until the end.
Tully (perhaps apart from Heidi) is the first of controversial housemates to leave - Would have preferred Ed and the Sugar Sisters to leave over her but I personally think they'll go next.

when-your-friends-are-all-talking-in-a-circle-and-you-get-left-out.gif

I didn't vote out Jhustynne BECAUSE I CAN'T USE JUMP-IN, had I been able to vote I would have voted for Jhustynne to stay and Nathan to go. That said, and as much as I loved the bloke, it was Jhustynne's own bloody fault that he got booted because he came in too hard and fast (no sexual pun intended... okay maybe a bit). Of course Australia was going to hate him because unlike Tim who places the china precariously on a ledge and waits for the strong wind, Jhustynne was the proverbial bull in the china shop.

I also completely disagree that vote-to-save had been a failure and that the show has been boring since the Teary One left. Vote-to-save has been extremely effective this season at getting rid of the dead weight and pot plants. Even if you think Tully is the one exception (and sorry but I don't see how crying and making out is still dramatic TV after you've seen it for 50+ days straight) it doesn't detract from the fact that out of the remaining HMs the overwhelming majority are interesting, in fact they've been the most interesting all along. Case in point is Tahan who by most accounts is a bit of a bitch and hardly makes a 'safe and harmonious' house, yet she's survived every one of her six evictions.

Finally there comes a point where you have to get real and realise that, like every other reality TV competition, BB is a popularity contest voted on by the public. In general the public will always relate to the HMs as if it was them in the house because that's how empathy works; you put yourself in their shoes. You're deluding yourself if you think you're ever going to see a house full of quote 'interesting' HMs because there's always going to be a plain old 'nice-and-doesn't-create-waves' HM in the mix. People need a break sometimes and Australia loves the nice guy underdog.

Justynn would have been a great HM, but has came across as aggressive & abrasive.

He tried too hard from the start. Nathan IMO isn't all sweetness & nice, like he makes out to be. (maybe I am wrong about that)

I think Mikkayla is one of the most interesting people in the house and quite simply doesn't get the screen time to show just how interesting she is. If it really came down to who has the most interesting conversations in the house and they actually showed people have normal conversation I wouldn't be surprise to find that she is actually the most interesting person in there.

I guess it comes down to your definition of interesting. Some people thought Justynn was more interesting than Nathan, but if you where listening to them interacting with the other housemates you would find that Nathan was by far the more interesting and Justynn was all show, which would have become boring pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back