Skip to main content

Why are people buying Skye?

She's even faker than Ben'13 and yet he had more 'haters' or whatever.

She's gorgeous, but the way she acts is getting on my nerves - the fake baby cries, her voice, acting dumb...Come on people, I'm sure she isn't like that in real life...!

I cannot believe how she was the most saved. She's probably in the final 3, if not winning... :shifty:

Good timing for this post. She is reminding me of Ben with an over exaggerated personae. I think she is often cute and charming and I liked that about Ben as well. But there are times like tonight when she dressed up in Jasons clothes that make me think she could be a bit more calculating then she wants us to know.

This is where the live feeds would come in handy. Personally I am buying her act, but perhaps a 24/7 camera might reveal a different Skye than we see on an edited show.
Sort of like Ryan. To me he's kind of a useless invisible irrelevant fop but apparently all the housemates seem to think he's a great dude with a great shot at winning but there is no real evidence yet as to why.

In BBUS without the live feeds casual viewers have no clue what some of the housemates are really like or what is actually going on in the house. eg this season Frankie J Grande, pop diva Ariana Grande's gay half brother was a completely hideous human being on live feeds but was given a golden edit on the TV version of the show. Luckily the public got enough glimpses of who he was not to award him Americas Favorite Player.

That may be the case with Skye, but I hope not. I enjoy the character she is portraying.

.... I want to hate her but i can't.... there is something endearing about her.... i think she is acting (deserves an OSCAR).... BUT.... she is immature....needs to put down the make up...not make eye contact with camera..... she is making it to the end tho..... DAMN.....

I don't mind her. She does put on a bit of a dumb blonde act I think. But then I also think she is a pretty nice person too, as evidenced by er interaction with David on Friday Night at the party.

shes no dill but she packs on the baby talk. She would last an hour in my house (as a guest) shell probably win the way things are going

She is the "Ben13" of this season, except she's a she and she's straight. In other words, the producer's favorite.

Homer-Simpson-Shoots-Marge-With-a-Make-Up-Gun.gif

Skye has a good chance of winning Big Brother as long as the producers don't overexpose her to the viewing audience.

She's gorgeous, but the way she acts is getting on my nerves - the fake baby cries, her voice, acting dumb...Come on people, I'm sure she isn't like that in real life...!

I cannot believe how she was the most saved. She's probably in the final 3, if not winning... :shifty:

See, she grates on me. I don't see her as gorgeous but rather an over orange oomploompah and I can "see" her still at 50 trying to get away with the frosted pink lip doing luch at Marina Mirage with her tangerine couterparts. IF she were my 20 yr old daughter, I would be slapping myself silly over what I had obviously done wrong as a parent.

I found it funny when she used the word melancholy to describe something but realized it wasn't the right word, if she was that dumb she wouldn't even know that word existed. She's done it a few times with big words and using them in the wrong context
Methinks she is faking too..and please stop with the tan!

Seriously not trying to be judgmental here but if you see the cross section of the BB studio audience you can understand why she is doing well and Travis is getting most of the screams. Obviously not rocket scientists.

It's quite obvious why Skye is popular to me - take one look at the crowd that populates the big brother live shows. When I was 13 I probably would have liked her too.
Being older, not so much. I don't actually think Skye is 'faking' in the usual sense - as someone pointed out in the show (Priya was it?), it would be impossible to be acting the whole way through the show because it is 24/7. No one is that good. But there is a difference between hamming it up and faking it. I think she exaggerates and puts the baby voice and pouty lips on to garner more attention from everyone, because that is what has worked. It is like watching an excited puppy when she knows she's on live TV for the evictions. It's not 'acting' per se, but nor is it 'genuine'. It is also classic attention seeking behaviour.
Notice that when Leo came in she kind of played down the 'babyish' antics, presumedly because she was interested in him?
I am sure that Big Brother has edited her bits so that she is coming across as golden but that may change a bit later. Certainly, if people start paying less attention to her or not giving her what she wants I think the claws will come out.
Personally I don't buy into her. I don't think deliberate stupidity should be rewarded. Then again, its Big Brother.

I think it's more fair to discuss her as a person, not the way she looks. For many people, their "look" is just what they perceive to be as looking their best. Who are others to judge based on appearance? Some girls feel naked without it, some girls are confident enough to go without. Skye is a person, and if we are passing opinion, the decent thing is to judge on actions and personality, not whether she has a fake tan.

Having said that, I didn't like Skye on first impressions, but like many housemates over the seasons, the first impressions can change. I hadn't considered she would have a game plan, I just grew to like her. I think Skye isn't aware of her potential popularity, because she has stated she knows she appears "stupid" and mentioned the learning disability thing. Like her or not, the public seem to want her in.

WTF WAS SHE WEARING LAST NIGHT?!?!?!? Beetlejuice gone wrong? The Mask 2014? WHAT THE FARRRRK.
She wasn't up for eviction as she was saved the night before so she took the p*ss & wore Jason's suit for a laugh. I liked the idea of her trying to give us a laugh although she did look silly in it. Way too big.

Back