Skip to main content

Why are people buying Skye?

I think Skye is naturally a compassionate, fun loving, glass half full kinda gal. In saying that, I think she has a game plan where she has taken perceived likeable bits from previous HMs. A bit of Reggie, Ashalee, Sara-Marie, Aleisha, Ben, Tim. I don't think she is as dumb as she is trying to portray herself. I've seen glimpses of her face when something is going down and it is quite calculating...thinking thinking thinking. I must say she does annoy me with her baby talk, tantrums, but I also love seeing her dance...she doesn't care what she looks like...she's just having fun.

I think Skye is naturally a compassionate, fun loving, glass half full kinda gal. In saying that, I think she has a game plan where she has taken perceived likeable bits from previous HMs. A bit of Reggie, Ashalee, Sara-Marie, Aleisha, Ben, Tim. I don't think she is as dumb as she is trying to portray herself. I've seen glimpses of her face when something is going down and it is quite calculating...thinking thinking thinking. I must say she does annoy me with her baby talk, tantrums, but I also love seeing her dance...she doesn't care what she looks like...she's just having fun.
We are THE SAME PERSON! Snap! Although you were nicer ;-)

Good for her. People have been buying that schtick since Anita Loos' Gentlemen Prefer Blondes came out. She's just leveraging her assets in a time-honoured tradition.

I have met so many girls like her, especially in the gold coast bubble

Good for her. People have been buying that schtick since Anita Loos' Gentlemen Prefer Blondes came out. She's just leveraging her assets in a time-honoured tradition.
With all due respect, I don't think you can compare Anita Loos (a brunette, brilliantly sardonic and eloquent scriptwriter, who just wrote about dumb blondes) with Skye.. I don't think Skye is dumb. Quite the opposite. She's got one of the strongest game plans, so I agree with that. She's utilising her assets. They're just not what you're suggesting re Anita Loos... She's playing the dumb blonde, and I suspect while really REALLY socially smart, she genuinely is a touch dim on the Actual Smarts.

With all due respect, I don't think you can compare Anita Loos (a brunette, brilliantly sardonic and eloquent scriptwriter, who just wrote about dumb blondes) with Skye.. I don't think Skye is dumb. Quite the opposite. She's got one of the strongest game plans, so I agree with that. She's utilising her assets. They're just not what you're suggesting re Anita Loos... She's playing the dumb blonde, and I suspect while really REALLY socially smart, she genuinely is a touch dim on the Actual Smarts.

With all due respect, read the book.

With all due respect, read the book.
With all due respect, you're comparing the book's take on the author's mindset. Much like suggesting any author is hiding behind a veiled semi-auto-biographical account of their own life when they publish a novel/screenplay.[DOUBLEPOST=1412682473][/DOUBLEPOST]But I will read the book. :)

With all due respect, you're comparing the book's take on the author's mindset. Much like suggesting any author is hiding behind a veiled semi-auto-biographical account of their own life when they publish a novel/screenplay.[DOUBLEPOST=1412682473][/DOUBLEPOST]But I will read the book. :)

With all due respect, you clearly have no idea what I mean.

Skye reminds me of that line in Tropic Thunder. If you want critical success "never go full retard".

I think she - wittingly or unwittingly - achieves that and that's a good deal of the reason why she's popular.

There is always one or two girls who end up being the most appealing to the young audience in bb and Skye is the one this year.

I think it is like Tim- there is the personality there but it is played up for the BB game-
and honestly it is a game so can't fault that.

like her or not she does have a personality and makes us laugh.. with her or at her, she has something.

I like Priya for the record but would not be surprised should Skye win.

People judge her based on appearance and personality, you can be bubbly, goofy & a bit airy and still be smart. Just because someone has their heads in the clouds doesn't make them dumb it can mean they're more creative and thinking a lot. A learning disability doesn't make you stupid, academic intelligence doesn't get you that far in a game like big brother, it's the social intelligence that will get you to the finish line. I don't think she is faking anything I do think she feels she is smarter then what most people think she is but if people are going to assume you're stupid and have already made the decision why even bother changing their minds when it could benefit you, she is the most underestimated housemate this year.

She can be more mature at times then most housemates from what they have shown and she picks up on their behaviors. I really don't understand the whole thing of she's 20 so cast her aside as not worth listening to what she has to say, she's not 90 she's allowed to act her age. I think she is playing the game since she seems to know how to attract some attention but that is only natural in a competition that is a popularity contest, but I don't think she's totally fake she's just turning her personality up a little bit so she can win. We can't complain people aren't being strategic and then blame them when they are doing something strategical.

I'd pretty much bet right now that she will win this year.

As people have already mentioned in this thread, there's different types of intelligence, and Skye has high social and emotional intelligence. She is highly intuitive and perceptive and can read people much better than most other housemates. The only time her age comes into it is how seriously others take her. As far as I'm concerned, she's doing fine compared to other 20 year olds who don't even have a learning disability.

I don't think it's an act - perhaps a slightly more exaggerated version of her normal self. Maybe.
So many of the others are hamming it up too, and putting on facades to hide behind. Why should she get chastised more than they? I think she is probably the most genuine person in there, other than Travis (while I am not his biggest fan, there's no act with him either).

Back