Skip to main content

Why are people buying Skye?

See, she grates on me. I don't see her as gorgeous but rather an over orange oomploompah and I can "see" her still at 50 trying to get away with the frosted pink lip doing luch at Marina Mirage with her tangerine couterparts. IF she were my 20 yr old daughter, I would be slapping myself silly over what I had obviously done wrong as a parent.
hahaha Or having drinkies at the avenue at 5 on a Friday wearing every piece of jewelry she owns and licking the boys at the door!

Ahhh the Goldy :)

I think she is probably acting up aspects of her personality, but I find the way a lot of the HM's treat her is disgusting. No one deserves that. I'm looking at you Lisa and Lawson. Purely driven by jealousy and lack of self-awareness.

I think it's more fair to discuss her as a person, not the way she looks. For many people, their "look" is just what they perceive to be as looking their best. Who are others to judge based on appearance? Some girls feel naked without it, some girls are confident enough to go without. Skye is a person, and if we are passing opinion, the decent thing is to judge on actions and personality, not whether she has a fake tan.

Either way we can only go on what she presents of herself on screen, and like it or not, the frosted lip and the bad fake tan IS part of the equation. As far as I have witnessed, her personality, perhaps not fake like the tan, is still pretty vapid and she IS a little cry baby, hoping the widdle pout will get her off scot free.

Having said that, I didn't like Skye on first impressions, but like many housemates over the seasons, the first impressions can change. I hadn't considered she would have a game plan, I just grew to like her. I think Skye isn't aware of her potential popularity, because she has stated she knows she appears "stupid" and mentioned the learning disability thing. Like her or not, the public seem to want her in.

I do think she has a game plan and that is to play dumb. I do not for a second believe she is as naive or as "dumb"as she makes herself out to be and case it point was when she used the word melancholy the other day as a reference to how she was"feeling" as to the task. If anything it was punny and clever, but she near twizzled her hair when BB "corrected" her with the term bitter-sweet being what she SUPPOSEDLY meant to say. Giggle giggle. As such, I reckon she is using the ditsy look to her own advantage to get further along in the game.

I'm not sure if everyone is buying her portrayal of this year's Ditzy Blonde but no doubt young kids would think she's fun. Some people would be enjoying a laugh at the act itself, and some people simply feel more secure about themselves whenever a grown woman conforms to a demeaning stereotype.

She wasn't up for eviction as she was saved the night before so she took the p*ss & wore Jason's suit for a laugh. I liked the idea of her trying to give us a laugh although she did look silly in it. Way too big.

Poor Jason will have to BEG Big Brother for the dry cleaner after that - not sure how else you get out 756 layers of orange clay makeup...

She would be a pain the arse to live with, but as a friend I think she would be pretty cool :D

Travis on the other hand, should win an award for the dumbest HM to ever set foot in the BB house!! Did anyone see his Diary Room visit where he tried to use the word (incorrectly) "Melancholy"? Not only did he pronounce it incorrectly, twice, he also got the meaning wrong. What a fucking half wit!!

Add to that his obvious narcissism and sense of superiority, and he comes out as a fucking moron!!

And yes I am aware that Skye was the one who completely massacred the English language when trying to use the word melancholy first, instead of bittersweet

She is strategic and very aware than given credit for. Its more to do with what she does that you feel like this. You wouldnt expect a game plan with her outbursts, vocabulary and immaturity. Her choice of who to bring to the tree house provided valuable insight to two calculating housemates. It was beneficial for her knowing the divide on where they stand. Her clinginess reflects well cause she is fun to hang out with and it helps her to build trust in the house. She does act up but this is probably her.

Youngest in the house,Good Looking,Outspoken,Loud,Feminine,Relates to a huge age bracket that follows the show. I guess being a blue eyed blonde doesn't hurt either. Hasn't really been a sheep in the social scene she often just says whatever is on her mind even if it makes no sense what so ever. She is her own person and Australia are enjoying her time in the house. Far less boring than some of the others to I would say. Sure she packs on too much make up and that tan is fake as hell but that's just her age coming out she hasn't grown out of that yet. It's cool though she seems to be quite a genuine person.

Skile is a calculating little fuck. Good for her. I also like that she was a stalkerish cunt to Layla- true colours and all that. Plus the fact that she wanted to fuck Tim tells me she's wack hahaha

She's even faker than Ben'13 and yet he had more 'haters' or whatever.

Ben wasn't fake. Some people have theatrical personalities but that is not same as being fake. Nobody could completely fake it on BB. It would be too hard and too exhausting. It just wouldn't work. Gemma tried to fake it and lasted five minutes.

I don't know why people found Ben so hard to believe. Some people struggled with the idea that he simultaneously suffered from anxiety and depression and yet could still be so theatrical. But really lots of people are like this.

You can fake elements. For example, you could try to bite your tongue and get along with people you dont like for example. But you couldn't create a total persona (like Sascha Baron Cohen's Borat for example) and maintain it 24 hours a day for several weeks. If you could you would have to be an unbelievable genius or completely insane.

Skye is being herself. Like Ben and Tim from last year Skye is a natural performer, but that is just what she is like. Granted Skye is not as dumb as the housemates first thought, but that is just their narrow-minded perception of how an intelligent person should behave, and their naive buying into the myth of the dumb blond.

Big personalities like Skye exist. That is what the auditions are for. To find people who have big extraverted personalities who will entertain and keep entertaining for the several weeks they are in the house.

Ben wasn't fake. Some people have theatrical personalities but that is not same as being fake. Nobody could completely fake it on BB. It would be too hard and too exhausting. It just wouldn't work. Gemma tried to fake it and lasted five minutes.

I don't know why people found Ben so hard to believe. Some people struggled with the idea that he simultaneously suffered from anxiety and depression and yet could still be so theatrical. But really lots of people are like this.

You can fake elements. For example, you could try to bite your tongue and get along with people you dont like for example. But you couldn't create a total persona (like Sascha Baron Cohen's Borat for example) and maintain it 24 hours a day for several weeks. If you could you would have to be an unbelievable genius or completely insane.

Skye is being herself. Like Ben and Tim from last year Skye is a natural performer, but that is just what she is like. Granted Skye is not as dumb as the housemates first thought, but that is just their narrow-minded perception of how an intelligent person should behave, and their naive buying into the myth of the dumb blond.

Big personalities like Skye exist. That is what the auditions are for. To find people who have big extraverted personalities who will entertain and keep entertaining for the several weeks they are in the house.
You're right.

I'm actually a Ben fan. I was only making some sort of a 'compromise' since the consensus believes that Ben was faking it. And even if he was, Skye was just more obvious than him and less convincing - That was my point.

I have a nephew who is very similar to Skye in that he has a learning disability which is difficult to diagnose and describe. He is an attractive young man who is likable and funny. He can hold a conversation about so-called "deep" subjects one minute and have an emotional outburst of epic proportions the next. He can spell and define vocabulary words and then completely forget them hours later. It can be hard to understand and it makes his life harder because people expect him to be consistent in his behavior. This is probably way too much information and boring but it is why I buy into what Skye is selling. I have watched someone I love deal with it for 21 years.

I like the girl. Lets face it theres a lot of horrid ppl in that house. I like her more than most of them

Back