Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

One of the best moments on The Voice this year

WOW! I would have voted for that mildly amused/confused facial expression of that one 80 year old woman who was clearly going senile and couldn't work out where she was. But I guess when it's The Voice it's slim pickings for good moments.

Sonia now reported to be joining AGT instead of BB.

I hope this is true!! AGT was pretty bad this year. Seven need to overhaul the program and the best way to do that is by getting rid of Ricki-Lee first. Then get rid of the judges.

Big Brother will do very well with a Caroline Flack type of personality hosting.

Sonia now reported to be joining AGT instead of BB.

Interesting! This is good news tbh. Channel 7 need to refresh Big Brother and make their own mark on it. Anyone related to the Channel 9 era would have reminded people why they switched off in the first place and had people thinking it was the same old show.

TV Blackbox understands executives are looking at social media feedback and taking that feedback into account as they continue to formulate plans for the refreshed Big Brother format in 2020. It’s clear those plans no longer include Kruger, if they ever did.

So executives are reading comments online about fans opinions on the show. Hopefully they have taken into consideration that the majority of people want Big Brother to be LIVE. (And Gretel Killeen to return as host! Haha)

Also @Kingston was right. He always thought Sonia wouldn’t necessarily return to BB when she is moving back to 7. And this news kind of proves that TV Blackbox are mostly posting rumours and speculation. And we shouldn’t take everything from that website as fact. 🤔

Interesting! This is good news tbh. Channel 7 need to refresh Big Brother and make their own mark on it. Anyone related to the Channel 9 era would have reminded people why they switched off in the first place and had people thinking it was the same old show.

So executives are reading comments online about fans opinions on the show. Hopefully they have taken into consideration that the majority of people want Big Brother to be LIVE. (And Gretel Killeen to return as host! Haha)

Also @Kingston was right. He always thought Sonia wouldn’t necessarily return to BB when she is moving back to 7. And this news kind of proves that TV Blackbox are mostly posting rumours and speculation. And we shouldn’t take everything from that website as fact. 🤔

Probably won't get either of these things to be honest. If they are going to prerecord it, they don't need a host. Will lead to cost saving.

Kind of ironic if they choose to go ahead with no host (as has been speculated) while there is a host thread on this forum.

I doubt Sophie Monk would be considered. At least at this stage. People associate her with 9 and Love Island. And Love Island hardly set the ratings on fire. I don’t watch Love Island but have seen some brief moments online with Sophie hosting and she isn’t a professional. I can’t imagine there would be a huge demand for her hosting Big Brother.

This is purely speculation but from that betting site (which I don’t think really reflects the true odds of who is going to host - it is just random names) I think Gretel or Chrissie Swan would most likely host.

Or 7 will go with a well known name who hasn’t been associated with the Big Brother brand in the past. Or they might go with an young and upcoming unknown?

With the hosting I think the right person is going to depend if it is pre-recorded or live. They seem to be persisting with this pre-recording idea and Gretel probably wouldn’t suit that.

I think Courtney Act would be another option of someone who would be exciting to host if the show was live. (And she even looks like Sophie Monk and Sonia Kruger too if that matters! Ha Ha)
nQVkBe7.gif

I also think it depends on how big of a role the host will have if it is pre recorded. If it is minimal why bother wasting a lot of money and good talent in that role? They would be better to get an up and coming person who they can pay less but give them some exposure on a big show. But if the host has a significant role to play then it needs to be someone who can handle the unexpected and adlib because even if it is not broadcast live there would probably be a lot of interaction with housemates.

Back