Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

I'd prefer her over any new face. Sonia will be great.

tenor.gif

Sonia went badly on nine because they completely scripted her. Unfortunately her decline into RWNJ syndrome may make her better off scripted these days.

Honestly, if sonia hosting means that they reconsider the decision to pre record, i wouldnt be complaining. She could actually be a good host if 7 dont make her read directly off the autocue and dont try and portray her as someone shes not, like nine did. But i think nine damaged her too much so its kind of hard for her to come back now, unless audiences completely forgot about her nine stint.

But i think with the host of BB, you cant get your standard presenter like carrie bickmore or like any other show. The host of BB has to be natural, they need to have the ability to not read off an autocue and actually have a personality thats not the 'the family entertainer'. Someone like Tommy Little, Kitty Flanagan or Julia Zemero would be so good. They're not your standard presenters who would read off an auto cue/ or are portrayed to be people they're not, they're completely themselves on screen, and have a real personality to back it up, and are also intelligent people, while when they want to be.

Honestly, if sonia hosting means that they reconsider the decision to pre record, i wouldnt be complaining. She could actually be a good host if 7 dont make her read directly off the autocue and dont try and portray her as someone shes not, like nine did. But i think nine damaged her too much so its kind of hard for her to come back now, unless audiences completely forgot about her nine stint.

But i think with the host of BB, you cant get your standard presenter like carrie bickmore or like any other show. The host of BB has to be natural, they need to have the ability to not read off an autocue and actually have a personality thats not the 'the family entertainer'. Someone like Tommy Little, Kitty Flanagan or Julia Zemero would be so good. They're not your standard presenters who would read off an auto cue/ or are portrayed to be people they're not, they're completely themselves on screen, and have a real personality to back it up, and are also intelligent people, while when they want to be.

The best!!

Doesn't say alot about the presenting talent on Seven's payroll if bringing in Sonia Kruger was their best option for Big Brother. She really was terrible, though ironically I think a Julie Chen style role may suit her better.

I opened this thread and the death of minor celebrities thread at the same time so for a split second I got this confused and was going oh woooh!

I do wonder what an ex housemate would be like as a host - there is always Constance Hall

If Seven have bought Big Brother to supposedly attract a younger audience why on earth would they have a 55 year old presenting?
A racist at that too. I think someone Osher Gunsberg would be a better option for them to persue from another network than Sonia Kruger to bring in the younger demo, she's boring as all batshit and has no personality outside of her teleprompter. Osher did quite well hosting Idol and the masked singer 'live', but also is perfect for a pre-recorded environment like the bachelor/ette.

Back