Skip to main content

Who even is Ryan?

Oh i don´t have a problem at all when someone thinks other housemates are more entertaining than Ryan because as i said before everyone likes different personalities. My only problem was/is the constant posts about him "doing nothing" by a lot of people here. I mean how is it literally even possible to do nothing in 12 weeks?
I think Ryan's downfall (which isn't his fault) is that he's an introvert in a primarily extroverted world (BB) with very large personalities.

I think maybe with such larger than life personalities Ryan withdrew a bit and found it hard to fit in, which gave him no airtime. He's just a very cool, calm and collected kinda guy.

I think Ryan's downfall (which isn't his fault) is that he's an introvert in a primarily extroverted world (BB) with very large personalities.

I think maybe with such larger than life personalities Ryan withdrew a bit and found it hard to fit in, which gave him no airtime. He's just a very cool, calm and collected kinda guy.
Yes i can 100% agree with that. BB isn´t made for people like him.

But in the last years (not this year) housemates like Ryan won BBUK and in other european countrys so the audience seems to like the quiet once there.

Yes i can 100% agree with that. BB isn´t made for people like him.

But in the last years (not this year) housemates like Ryan won BBUK and in other european countrys so the audience seems to like the quiet once there.

Strange question but are you from somewhere in Europe?

The two people besides Ryan because that Ryan was his closest friend was pretty obvious to anyone.

We will have to agree to disagree. If your closest friend is Ryan when you are asked who are your two closest friends you would answer with one of them being Ryan. Anyways ryan just used him for the game imo

I must admit it did/does puzzle me why he is the favourite. When he's been saved as the fav, I was surprised. I thought maybe being in the UK and only seeing the Couch Potatoes recording of the show, I was not seeing videos etc and therefore not seeing all there was to him.

I don't have a problem with the quieter housemates, but I do have a problem with people who belittle others and who are quite condescending, which I feel he is. I do agree, he has some amusing moments, but the whole 'only joking' line wears a bit thin when it's used too often. I also found in the diary room he's all nice, laid back, all's cool type lad, yet in the house, he is actually one of the bitchiest who seems to emit superiority, even if he's sitting there saying nothing! So yeah, not really getting the Ryan love.

We will have to agree to disagree. If your closest friend is Ryan when you are asked who are your two closest friends you would answer with one of them being Ryan. Anyways ryan just used him for the game imo
Maybe you should watch this video.

I must admit it did/does puzzle me why he is the favourite. When he's been saved as the fav, I was surprised. I thought maybe being in the UK and only seeing the Couch Potatoes recording of the show, I was not seeing videos etc and therefore not seeing all there was to him.

I don't have a problem with the quieter housemates, but I do have a problem with people who belittle others and who are quite condescending, which I feel he is. I do agree, he has some amusing moments, but the whole 'only joking' line wears a bit thin when it's used too often. I also found in the diary room he's all nice, laid back, all's cool type lad, yet in the house, he is actually one of the bitchiest who seems to emit superiority, even if he's sitting there saying nothing! So yeah, not really getting the Ryan love.

You said it perfectly for me! I have little ill will to Ryan and think he is a likeable enough guy with some but not excessive arrogance. I haven't understood the support and thought I was missing something as well. I do watch the shows live on Couch Potatoes website with the adverts. This very week one of the ads was for a One Direction concert that was to be televised, and then it clicked for me - Ryan looks identical to those guys, he would have been lost in the bunch. It was a revelation. I actually snapped my fingers & said out loud "That's it, that's why Ryan has supporters." He's obvs in fashion & I would feel a dumbarse for my previous ignorance except that I have heard Ryan sing, which did not bring to mind One Direction or such.

I do credit Ryan's shining moment as muttering "You dickhead" at Travis, but that split second is 50 cents short of a vote IMO.

You said it perfectly for me! I have little ill will to Ryan and think he is a likeable enough guy with some but not excessive arrogance. I haven't understood the support and thought I was missing something as well. I do watch the shows live on Couch Potatoes website with the adverts. This very week one of the ads was for a One Direction concert that was to be televised, and then it clicked for me - Ryan looks identical to those guys, he would have been lost in the bunch. It was a revelation. I actually snapped my fingers & said out loud "That's it, that's why Ryan has supporters." He's obvs in fashion & I would feel a dumbarse for my previous ignorance except that I have heard Ryan sing, which did not bring to mind One Direction or such.

I do credit Ryan's shining moment as muttering "You dickhead" at Travis, but that split second is 50 cents short of a vote IMO.

Blimey! Maybe that explains why I also have a aversion to him, can't stand One Direction! I did wonder if the good looking, floppy haired thing might be a reason people like him, but maybe it is the fact he could fit in a boy band (but as you said, shouldn't sing!) that some do like.

From what I have seen on the show - Ryan is the new age "cool guy", forget being a jock, playing football and being a meathead that won't get you popularity in the big brother house anymore. Ryan has "mystique" about him - maybe this was his plan all along? keep his cards close to his chest and don't reveal much personality except slight humour at opportune times are at other peoples expense but say "just kidding" to remain safe.

Ryan is a master manipulator in the house to me - with this mystique and cool guy persona, he managed to gain a following of Lisa and Katie - two girls that would be considered the ultimate mean girls in highschool that clique with the cool guys. Once they were evicted, Ryan managed to grab on to housemates that wouldn't exactly be considered "cool" in real life and form a not so subtle alliance with them (going against Dave). Once they were all evicted, Ryan had no one else to mould quite so easily - he'd done his dash with Travis, Aisha was taken, Priya and him were at odds, Skye was too much of a threat, David was there.

With the help of two newcomer boys Tom and Richard, he managed to create a boys club - whether or not this was actually his intention he managed to pull it off. While keeping them on side however, he managed to vote against them, but knew because of his "cool guy" persona none of his followers would dare to actually vote against him. Now here we are, Ryan is in the final 6 - not much personality revealed, but a heck of a lot of gameplay - is this a worthy winner of BB? yes if in the end he was honest about his gameplay and said he had a plan all along, much like Tim did (which I personally think Tim made up as he went along). Is it worthy based on personality traits alone? No. Ryan gives off an air of 'prudishness', intimidation and a condescending nature.

This just might be the best post ever. Good points well said.

exactly! he was talking about the overall experience and that even though those 2 are his closest friends he wants Ryan to win out of the lot left as its the best option left out of a bad bunch. He could have said Travis but he felt some obligation to Ryan because Ryan manipulates people to think he's better than them and should grovel at his feet.

I also found in the diary room he's all nice, laid back, all's cool type lad, yet in the house, he is actually one of the bitchiest who seems to emit superiority, even if he's sitting there saying nothing! So yeah, not really getting the Ryan love.
You just have to look at his face when someone like Travis or Skye are talking. He doesn't need to say anything.

I've watched every single episode this year and the only thing he's done that is memorable is the frozen chicken.

I enjoy a laugh as much as the next person but that got a completely deadpan reaction from me. Maybe I'm getting too old for the crazy shit that passes for humour these days. Then again, maybe he was just acting like an attention-seeking clown. ;)

I enjoy a laugh as much as the next person but that got a completely deadpan reaction from me. Maybe I'm getting too old for the crazy shit that passes for humour these days. Then again, maybe he was just acting like an attention-seeking clown. ;)
also it doesnt even look like a frozen chicken

He obviously knew it would get him airtime. Well at least he had that plan because nothing else has worked. At least Travis is funny!

Back