Skip to main content

Where Are They Now?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...her-Australia-stars-relationships-lasted.html

Where are they now? From Jess and Marty to Tully and Drew: A look back at which Big Brother Australia relationships stood the test of time and whose fizzled out
By Kirby Spencer For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 14:20 +10:00, 30 April 2017 | Updated: 16:23 +10:00, 30 April 2017

67 shares

View comments

It was the controversial 'social experiment' that saw a bunch of strangers sealed in a house as the country watched on.

And 16 years since it first went to air, Big Brother Australia's soap opera status has continued on in the personal lives of its stars.

While the show went on to produce radio hosts, television presenters and even health food entrepreneurs, it was the relationships that defined the series and the contestants' lives in the years that followed.

So whose romance lasted the test of time, and who, like Gretel Killeen's famous line, found 'It's time to go...'?

3FC1E99F00000578-4459542-image-m-77_1493520495024.jpg

+18
Who's said 'It's time to go'? Big Brother Australia has continued its soap opera status 16 years since first airing, thanks to the personal lives of its stars

Jess and Marty (Season 2)

They stole the nation's hearts when they embarked on a relationship while locked in the house on season two.

And while Marty had to settle for second place on the show, losing out to Peter Corbett, he did wind up winning fellow contestant Jess's heart.

The two tied the knot in 2004 and even starred in a spin-off special Marty & Jess: An Outback Wedding, but the pair divorced in 2006 after fifteen months together.

Marty went on to remarry, sharing children Sam, Billy and Joel with second wife Lexi, and now runs the family farm in Toodyay.

Jess meanwhile focused on her work, studying law and becoming a radio host, giving love another go on reality show Dating in the Dark.

3FC1EE2F00000578-4459542-image-a-75_1493520483993.jpg

+18
Big Brother marriage! They stole the nation's hearts when they embarked on a relationship in season two of the show, ending up marrying one another, but it wasn't to last for Jess and Marty with the couple divorcing in 2006

3FC2558A00000578-4459542-image-a-93_1493530075711.jpg

+18
Finding love again: Marty went on to remarry, sharing three children with second wife Lexi, while Jess focused on her work, becoming a radio host and giving love another go on reality show Dating in the Dark

Jade and Ed (Season 10)

Despite entering the house pretending to be wed to fellow contestant Drew, blonde beauty Jade soon realised she only had eyes for Ed.

The couple continued their relationship off-screen, and despite racy reports that they took to the bedroom upon leaving the house, the pair eventually went their separate ways.

Jade later explained the pair's split in an interview with Maxim Magazine, claiming she didn't see Ed as an ex.

'(We) were completely different people outside of the BB house... the relationship in the house was one-sided and never existed in the real world,' she said.

While Jade remains single, Ed has moving on with brunette stunner Tania Brown, with the two set to move to Singapore together in May.

3FC1E99700000578-4459542-image-a-78_1493521511060.jpg

+18
Cosy couple: Despite entering the house pretending to be wed to fellow contestant Drew, blonde beauty Jade soon realised she only had eyes for Ed

3FC1E99B00000578-4459542-image-a-79_1493521516872.jpg

+18
Over it: The couple continued their relationship off screen but ventually went their separate ways, with Jade later claiming she didn't see Ed as an ex

3FC20FB700000578-4459542-image-m-84_1493522113632.jpg

+18
New girl: While Jade remains single, Ed has moving on with brunette stunner Tania Brown, with the two set to move to Singapore together in May

Tully and Drew (Season 10)

The 2013 season of the show proved to be one of the most loved-up, with another couple forming in Tully and Drew.

It wasn't without controversy though, as social media strategist Tully was already in a relationship outside the show.

After her girlfriend dumped her via social media while she remained oblivious in the house, Tully continued her relationship with beau Drew upon their elimination.

It wasn't to last though, as the couple split in January 2014 - with Tully embarking on endless travels and Drew becoming a model.

The blonde beauty has since been romantically linked to other men, including former Bachelor star Richie Strahan.

3FC1E98F00000578-4459542-image-a-80_1493521528332.jpg

+18
Moving on: After her girlfriend dumped her via social media while she remained oblivious in the house, Tully continued her relationship with beau Drew upon their elimination

3FC1E9AF00000578-4459542-image-a-82_1493521731262.jpg

+18
Parting ways: It wasn't to last though, with the couple splitting in January 2014, with Tully embarking on endless travels and Drew becoming a model

3FC1E99300000578-4459542-image-a-91_1493529830954.jpg

+18
Rumoured romance: The blonde beauty has since been romantically linked to other men, including former Bachelor star Richie Strahan

Hayley and Andrew (Season 7)

They shook things up from the beginning, entering the house as a couple but unable to tell the others as part of their secret challenge.

Things got more complicated though as Hayley's former flame Billy entered, shaking things up for the couple.

After making it through the show though, the pair split later in the year with claims they were already on the rocks when they joined the show.

One report from The Adelaide Advertiser, alleged that Andrew instigated the break-up, moving out of their home, with claims of a wedding constructed by producers.

3FC1E98300000578-4459542-image-a-85_1493522434662.jpg

+18
Keeping it confidential: Haley and Andrew shook things up from the beginning, entering the house as a couple but unable to tell the others as part of their secret challenge

3FC26DBE00000578-4459542-image-a-90_1493529737712.jpg

+18
A love that didn't last: After making it through the show though, the pair split later in the year with claims they were already on the rocks when they joined the show

Aisha and Travis (Season 11)

Aisha and Travis starred together on the last season of the show in 2014, and despite being paired with different contestants for the challenges, found themselves falling in love.

Travis even moved to Sydney in September 2015 to be with the model, after the pair had spent 12 months living in separate states.

They continued to date for 18 months, but eventually called it quits on their relationship in July 2016.

Aisha took to Instagram to reveal the news to her fans, writing: 'Trav and I have decided to part ways and will always remain great friends!'

Since the split, the pair have both embarked on modelling careers with Aisha also creating a popular fashion blog 'Boy By Her'.

3FC1E9B300000578-4459542-image-a-87_1493523076578.jpg

+18

Romance: Aisha and Travis starred together on the last season of the show in 2014, and despite being paired with different contestants for the challenges, found themselves falling in love

3FC2559000000578-4459542-image-a-92_1493530021144.jpg

+18

'(We) will always remain great friends': They continued to date for 18 months, but eventually called it quits on their relationship in July 2016. with Aisha taking to Instagram to reveal the news to her fans

Lisa and Jake (Season 11)

After starring on the final season love also blossomed between Lisa and Jake, with the pair confirming their relationship in January 2015.

'It’s official, we're seeing each other. It’s good. It’s great,' Jake told Daily Mail Australia.

The pair appeared to be going strong, appearing at numerous events throughout the year, but seemingly parted ways with Jake absent from Lisa's numerous social media posts.

3FC1E98B00000578-4459542-image-a-88_1493524828787.jpg

+18

Stepping out together: After starring on the final season love also blossomed between Lisa and Jake, with the pair confirming their relationship in January 2015

3FC2743C00000578-4459542-image-a-98_1493533338449.jpg

+18

Fizzled out: But the duo have seemingly parted ways since, with Jake absent from Lisa's numerous social media posts

Cat and Lawson (Season 11)

They were the Big Brother couple who had a very controversial start to their relationship after he betrayed his girlfriend of five years on national television.

But Lawson and Cat appear to be going strong almost two and a half years after their relationship began to blossom.

One of the only couples still together, the pair recently enjoyed a romantic getaway to a Sri Lankan resort and spa.

Lawson posted a photo of the pair enjoying a drink together, captioning the moment: 'Here's to coming on this adventure with me and experiencing new things together'.

3FC1E9A500000578-4459542-image-a-89_1493524953371.jpg

+18

Lasting love: One of the only couples still together, Lawson and Cat appear to be going strong almost two and a half years after their relationship began to blossom

3FC250CA00000578-4459542-image-m-97_1493530491994.jpg

+18

Happy together: The pair recently enjoyed a romantic getaway to a Sri Lankan resort and spa, with Lawson posted a photo of the pair enjoying a drink together

3FC24FDC00000578-4459542-image-m-96_1493530473076.jpg

+18

Controversial start: The couple had a very contentious start to their relationship after Lawson betrayed his girlfriend of five years on national television

Jamie and Katie (Season 6)

They hooked up while starring on the 2006 season of the show, but it seems Jamie and Katie's romance was among the shortest the series has seen.

According to Jamie, who was crowned the winner and walked away with $426,000 in prize money, the pair 'drifted apart fairly quickly'.

He told News.com.au that it was due to a hectic promotional tour, claiming: 'I was doing constant nightclub appearances and it wasn’t the best time to try and manage a relationship. It was too much for both of us.'

Katie went on to pursue a short-lived career in acting, while Jamie became a property developer in Melbourne.

Although he told the publication he was single last September, he has been spotted cosying up to a mystery brunette on social media.

Pete and Christina (Season 1)

Setting tongues wagging when they went under the covers of their 'dancing doona' in the first season, Pete and Christina became known for their steamy encounter.

While they never confirmed what went down, the duo's passion died down once the cameras stopped rolling.

But Pete found love again after the show, marrying wife Camille and bringing two girls, Matilda and Arabella into the world.

The couple had to face a health crisis after the birth of their second daughter, when Camille was diagnosed with breast cancer.

'One minute we were overjoyed, the next we were trying to figure out what the hell we were going to do,' Pete told The Sydney Morning Herald.

Meanwhile, Christina moved on to a successful comedy career who has performed at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...stars-relationships-lasted.html#ixzz4fiBPuBYx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Where are they now: Saxon from Big Brother
April 7, 2017 5:42am
Andrew Bucklow news.com.au

SAXON WAS the 19-year-old surfer from the Central Coast who lasted nearly two months in the Big Brother house in season three, and was eventually beaten by crowd favourite Reggie Bird.

But his biggest headlines came after his eviction thanks to a rumoured relationship with Big Brother’s then host, Gretel Killeen.

Now 14 years after his appearance on the reality show, we tracked down Saxon (whose real name is Daniel Small) to get his take on what being a Big Brother contestant was like, what he’s up to now and what really happened with Gretel:

What made you want to apply for Big Brother in the first place?

Weirdly enough my mum had a dream that I was on the show. She went online the next day and it was the last day for applications so she thought that was a bit interesting that those two things collided. We put together a short video and sent it off and then I got a phone call about a month later.

Your real name is Daniel but you were called Saxon on the show. How did that come about?

There was two Daniels so one of us had to change our name [Daniel McInnes from Adelaide was the other Daniel]. I’m not sure how they decided who would have to change their name, but it was me. My last name is Small and I’m used to being called Smally so we were trying to think of names that started with an S. We came up with the name Saxon and I liked the name and it stuck.

saxon1.jpg

What surprised you most about your time in the house?

The thing that stood out the most was just how much everything in there was exaggerated, like your feelings and emotions. I think it’s because everyone’s stripped of their normal ways of de-stressing and logic testing. You can’t call your family or friends, I couldn’t go for a surf. Everything’s kind of in this heightened mode, which is great, but it also leads to people doing silly things like crying a little too much.

Big Brother Uncut was still on air during your season and thanks to the internet, screenshots and videos of you naked are easily accessible. Does that bother you?

It doesn’t bother me at all. I was 19 and I very consciously made myself promise before I went in there that I wasn’t going to let anything bother me at a later date. It was funny though with my recent job, the day that I started, some of the girls from work googled me and the first thing that came up was a completely naked photo of me standing in the shower. I look back on all of it, even the nudity, quite fondly.

saxon2.jpg

What were the weeks like immediately following your eviction?

I was single and 19 and came out with a reasonable bank balance because you get paid a wage when you’re on the show. I thought I was the world’s largest playboy. I just spent those weeks catching up with mates by bringing them on the road with me as I did the standard nightclub promotional tour. I got to see an enormous amount of the country without too much concern for how much money I was spending. It was really amazing and I was really lucky.

saxon3.jpg

Did you make the most of the female attention at the time?

I think I did what any single 19-year-old would do when he saw an overnight explosion in attention from the opposite sex ... But it definitely didn’t turn into a debaucherous, groupie road tour or anything like that.

There were rumours that you had a relationship with Gretel Killeen after your time on the show. Did you?

I was really fortunate to form a really close relationship with Gretel. We shared a passion for documentaries and films and photography. We were actually lucky enough to work together on an idea of hers around a documentary about the HIV/AIDS orphans in Africa. We worked really closely together on that and travelled to Africa twice and spent a lot of time at her place in Sydney and at the Channel 10 studios. It never got to the stage of a romantic relationship like the media outlets wished. She is still today one of the most remarkable women I’ve ever met and is still probably the most frighteningly intelligent person I’ve ever met. That’s probably one of my fondest memories from being on the show, the time I got to spend with her.

saxon4.jpg

What have you been up to since appearing on the show?

I think everybody comes out of the show thinking they’re a movie star to a certain extent or everyone comes out thinking they could potentially be the next breakfast radio host in a capital city. You have to get through that kind of cloud of bulls**t that you get fed by the people around you that are also benefiting from your experience at that point in time. I jumped straight back into uni 12 months after the show to get back on track with my study. Then I picked up a cadetship at an accounting firm so I went from hero to zero very quickly after the show. I did two years at the accounting firm and then jumped into retail banking and made my way into managing bank branches. Then I worked at the Macquarie Bank as an analyst and then moved from there into the job I’m currently in on the Gold Coast with SurfStitch. I look back on the show as a really good litmus test for how you deal with pressure in the workplace and how you deal with different personalities in the workplace. It’s amazing how often I find myself drawing on those two/three months nowadays.

Do you still speak to any of your fellow housemates from your season?

I still speak to Chrissie [Swan] regularly. We formed a really special relationship and I think I’ll carry that as long as I’m walking around this earth. I speak to her quite a bit and call her for guidance on things. Outside of that, no, I don’t speak to anyone [from my year]. I think the way that I’ve always explained that to people is if you got to a party and there are people of all ages and walks of life, chances are the next day you’re not going to choose to stay in contact with all of them.

saxon5.jpg

And are you still single?

I’m in a relationship now. We’re doing the serious relationship thing up on the Gold Coast ... I’m the luckiest man alive. She’s the most wonderful cook and she’s got the largest heart out of anyone I’ve ever met.

saxon6.jpg

Ref: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r/news-story/b262d1e947cb56a939c590891d1ea70a

Sad to hear.

Big Brother winner Reggie Bird now facing eviction

'I didn't want to be here anymore'

93e1704d1d935bd3a5d0d8bab34a3eb9

origin:video_integrator.p1eXM4bjr3q8httkqAWskTr_t4RGWqXP

BACK in 2003 she won the third season of Big Brother Australia, pocketing $250,000 for her win — but Reggie Bird’s life has been far from easy since then.

Legally blind and caring for two young children — one of whom has cystic fibrosis — Bird has now been hit with a new challenge: The threat of homelessness.

The reality star made the heartbreaking confession in a new interview with Woman’s Day magazine.

“I’m so scared. One day your kids are cuddled up and warm and safe and just like that, it could all be gone. I owe my kids a warm bed and a safe house, that’s not too much to ask, is it?” she said.

Bird, 43, has been living on the property for five years with children Mia, 10 and Lucas, 7, but recently received an eviction notice after an ongoing dispute with the landlord.

72abe81ff26a20b23119f8477ee24fd7

Reggie Sorensen, known as Reggie Bird when she won Big Brother, with her children Mia and Lucas. Little Lucas is suffering from cystic fibrosis.Source:News Limited

“It’s hard to believe I became known as the girl who survived multiple evictions in the Big Brother house, to 14 years later be faced with the real thing,” she said.

“I’ve been having nightmares ever since, wondering where we’re going to go.”

Many other Big Brother contestants — including the runner-up from Bird’s season, Chrissie Swan — parlayed their 15 minutes of reality TV fame into successful and lucrative media careers.

But Bird quickly fell on hard times, diagnosed with the degenerative eye condition Retinitis Pigmentosa when she was 29. The condition has been robbing her of her eyesight ever since.

70af7fff27bc4c6a2aea576e45bbad4d

Live on Big Brother with runner-up Chrissie Swan. Picture: Channel 10Source:News Limited

“It’s like tunnel vision, it’s like looking through a pinhole,” she told A Current Affair in 2014.

The former fish and chip shop owner from Tasmania said she spent her winnings paying off her ex-husband’s $100,000 mortgage, only for their marriage to end when he had an affair shortly after she left the Big Brother house.

She also lost $40,000 to a conman who promised her her own TV show.

“Then I paid $20,000 in advance on my rent in Sydney and I was only in the unit for two months because that guy became a stalker psycho, so then I had to move out and the real estate wouldn’t give me my money back,” she said.

346316cd0ba86c6b04f51f9b31f4b3fe

Bird now works part-time in a charity call centre to make ends meet while caring for her children. A spokesman for the estate agent that manages the property she’s being evicted on told Woman’s Day he was “confident” he could help Bird find new accommodation.

2b37d4b97b7104c39c342ee093edfded

Big Brother season three winner Reggie Bird has fallen on hard times

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/54ae43f0c71ee3d35b483a4d94861fef

Paying $20,000 advance in rent is fucking stupid for a start lol. What about the $40k to a con man, surely there's more to it... Like signing a legal contract that guarentees her money back if nothing comes of it? The ex-husbands mortgage, was it "their" mortgage or "his" mortgage.. Like this sounds like a lot of stupid decisions on her part. But it's probably just the media twisting the story to make it seem very negative with the fault being hers.

Reactions: kxk
Thought I’d post an update on the BB’08 housemates since it’s been 10 years now.

Brigitte
19989804_10212182521291682_1570573805472425973_n.jpg

- she now lives in Sydney
- seems to be her boyfriend, pictured above

Ed Cherry
11896168_10155923049325300_7430242136643788943_n.jpg

- Works in real estate
- Seems to be friends with Matty Johnson from The Bachelor

Bianca
Bianca-Benigno.jpg

- Works as a teacher at St Hilda's School

Dixie
26907930_481939345536770_1647108071214317630_n.jpg

- Also lives in NSW now

Nobbi
21462867_10155681892332453_3922641522563475849_n.jpg

- lives in Singapore now

Alice
581419_10152221006120096_1069969155_n.jpg

- still a VET

Rebecca
19366535_840507159445878_7294435079358765983_n.jpg

- according to her facebook she is an "actress/model" now

Rhianna
916aa44a-2ba2-4fd7-b4f7-8d7ba9b2358e_zpsbwotcfqf.png

- married with two adorable kids
- has a blog where she seems to detail her life: https://rhiannaandco.com/

Rory
25550576_10159981487815724_3889320079264403653_n.jpg

- still has dreadlocks

Terri
21106759_10155602060414354_3299413258001365164_n.jpg

Nathan
11012469_1053180268033609_8004693035774061296_n.jpg

- sports host

Terrence
19702210_10213538908052486_3430652766882308850_n.jpg

That's all i could find. Was disappointed i couldn't find Ben or Renee, so if anyone has any updates on them, let us know!

495E817000000578-0-image-a-1_1519022213104.jpg

Speaking to the clearly excited panel, Sara-Marie revealed that a lot of water had passed under the bridge since her turn on Big Brother.

'Now I'm a mum, I have a daughter...of three years so I've just enjoyed being a mother and I've created my own online business,' she said.

She continued: 'It's been 17 years [since Big Brother] so, I've done a lot.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...edele-looks-unrecognisable.html#ixzz57bzlGwTC

495E817000000578-0-image-a-1_1519022213104.jpg

Speaking to the clearly excited panel, Sara-Marie revealed that a lot of water had passed under the bridge since her turn on Big Brother.

'Now I'm a mum, I have a daughter...of three years so I've just enjoyed being a mother and I've created my own online business,' she said.

She continued: 'It's been 17 years [since Big Brother] so, I've done a lot.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...edele-looks-unrecognisable.html#ixzz57bzlGwTC
She is looking gorgeous! She is one of those girls that can look good as blonde or brunette :)

Reactions: kxk
This post is from Whirlpool, regarding House Rules ("confirmed" is a strong word):

Via Twitter, PurpleBricks have just confirmed something rather exciting (for me, anyway).

Simon Deering will be doing the Western Australian valuation when they go over West.

"Why does that name sound familiar?" you may ask yourself.

Because it's HOTDOGS from Big Brother, that's why!

After he left the BBAU house, he went into real estate. He's now the Territory Manager (i.e. Franchisee) for Purple Bricks Western Australia. I asked them via Twitter yesterday if he would be doing it, and their response is "Stay Tuned ;)" which I'm taking as a positive.

Cat is now studying Nursing at ACU at the Melbourne campus which is cool because I'm doing the same thing at the Brisbane Campus. Fun stuff

Back