Skip to main content

What would reepbot say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No particular reason, other than it's the closest, which I admit is sort of amusing. Have also had personality tests done for professional reasons, and know the consistencies.

PS why are you on about "hated frogs" above btw? (oh, that would be me).

Oh. Ok. According to that negotiators and directors are meant to have good chemistry.

I don't hate frogs. But i believe when you hate something or someone it can cloud your mind and cause one not to think straight.

Oh. Ok. According to that negotiators and directors are meant to have good chemistry.

I don't hate frogs. But i believe when you hate something or someone it can cloud your mind and cause one not to think straight.

Yes, if you believe it.

I agree hate can cloud your mind, thinking and judgment. Was interesting to read this from Wiki:

In psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud defined hate as an ego state that wishes to destroy the source of its unhappiness.[1] More recently, the Penguin Dictionary of Psychology defines hate as a "deep, enduring, intense emotion expressing animosity, anger, and hostility towards a person, group, or object."[2] Because hatred is believed to be long-lasting, many psychologists[who?] consider it to be more of an attitude or disposition than a temporary emotional state.[citation needed]
Kaddywampus.

Ha, ha. It's a great word.

Yes, if you believe it.

I agree hate can cloud your mind, thinking and judgment. Was interesting to read this from Wiki:

In psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud defined hate as an ego state that wishes to destroy the source of its unhappiness.[1] More recently, the Penguin Dictionary of Psychology defines hate as a "deep, enduring, intense emotion expressing animosity, anger, and hostility towards a person, group, or object."[2] Because hatred is believed to be long-lasting, many psychologists[who?] consider it to be more of an attitude or disposition than a temporary emotional state.[citation needed]
Ha, ha. It's a great word.

Good ol sigmund fraud

Was he messed up because of the Oedipus complex or for some other unrelated reason?

Just a lot of his theories were messed up - Oedipus/Electra complex, penis envy and psychosexual states of development are probably the best examples of this. Some of it still stands up today and he genuinely is the father of psychology, but some of it just too whacky.

Just a lot of his theories were messed up - Oedipus/Electra complex, penis envy and psychosexual states of development are probably the best examples of this. Some of it still stands up today and he genuinely is the father of psychology, but some of it just too whacky.

Interesting.....

No psychologist is getting inside my head though! I know their little games trying to trick me and asking me questions so that i can slip up.

Sorry. I think i got confused due to my lack of knowledge in this area.

No apology necessary, I was just chuckling because I hadn't heard it before.

I agree, whacky is good word. Have you studied his work?

I did a freud test. This is what i got:

Freudian Personality Test
Your Freudian Personality Style is:

Retentive hysteric

Polite, gentle, and unusually placid, you have comparatively little interest in interpersonal relationships with others and can be alone for long periods of time without feeling lonely. Having from an early age found that your own perceptions were at odds with those of others, you have retreated into an internal world of imagination and private perceptions. When others come into contact with you, they tend to perceive you as having an asexual presentation, often with stiff and affectively constricted, child-like manners (which may themselves come across as attractive, encouraging fantasies of domination in others). Metaphorically, your personality style may be likened to a teenage girl whose uterus is so afraid of impregnation that it shuts off every mating signal that the individual is able to produce, including charm and emotional presence. In the same way, the actual you may have marked difficulties with gender roles, giving others the psychological (though not necessarily physical) impression of an oddly a-gendered individual or prepubescent child. Like the teenage girl whose uterus contracted to shut off its activities entirely, others tend to experience you as having little positive or negative emotionality, but only a certain 'flatness,' attesting again to the fact that you come across as having 'retired' a bit into yourself. Apparently detached and somewhat indifferent to socializing and interpersonal affairs, little do others know, however, that because you do not hinge your thoughts and feelings on accepted social mores, you are actually capable of great creativity and originality when left to your own devices.

Very accurate i thought.

I have a psych degree so he came up many times. I tended to focus on the more, ahem, normal theories but you can't go past Freud!

Did you learn anything interesting about psych stuff? Also will i have to be more careful speaking to you know incase you are psychologically analyzing me? Sorry for being direct.

Did you learn anything interesting about psych stuff? Also will i have to be more careful speaking to you know incase you are psychologically analyzing me? Sorry for being direct.

Nah don't worry, contrary to popular belief psychology graduates do not know what everyone is thinking and do not constantly analyse everyone. I liked about 50% of the course, there was a lot of dull things and stats which I HATED but other parts were interesting. I graduated 4 years ago so I've forgotten most of it, sad to say.

Nah don't worry, contrary to popular belief psychology graduates do not know what everyone is thinking and do not constantly analyse everyone. I liked about 50% of the course, there was a lot of dull things and stats which I HATED but other parts were interesting. I graduated 4 years ago so I've forgotten most of it, sad to say.

Phew! That is a relief for me. Probably not for you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back