Skip to main content

What Was Your Favourite BBAU Season?

What was your favourite BBAU Season?

• Total voters
Sorry to sound rude, but your description as it being "a representation of what Big Brother should be" is laughable, unless if you'd feel the same way about last year's show if Tim was evicted in Week 4 and we had a final five of Matt (Chris), Nathan (Max), Tully (Camilla), Drew (heterosexual David) and Caleb (Jamie)

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here but I have to say that those characters are way off. You could use adjectives that relate to both of them (i.e. blonde, nice guy, tanked bod for Jamie & Caleb or annoying, relentless, outspoken for Camilla & Tully) but the similarities end there, they're so different and it would take one episode of either season to see that. This whole idea that they're looking for a mould of what they had in previous seasons is laughable, they pick the characters they want before they set out on the housemate hunt, and try to find someone as similar to that mould. If anything they're trying to replicate another country's successful set of housemates, because doing their own would be far too blatant and would almost definitely fail.

CGI capabilities for an Australian production studio was a lot different between those two years. Not to mention 2005 was the first year they tried the 3D CGI & cuboid format, so ofc it wasn't going to be perfect.

Exactly what I saw saying. An explanation doesn't make it less of a point. I didn't say 2005 was terrible, I said 2006 was better in that respect, as a kudos to Endemol.

There's no need to argue every point for the sake of arguing.

My fav was 2007. Aleisha the winner. I couldnt stand her sidekick bestie. Tall blondey- shit forgot her name. Also loved the story with the couple. (Fireman guy and his blonde partner.) Then Billy the ex walks in. Gold! Also who can forget TJ!!! Psycho.

I voted 2001 -- no season could ever be like it. wuch find nostalgiac memories !!

I have loved every single season though ;)

2001-2005 is definitely BBAU at it's finest, and in its finest form.

I don't have time right now to repeat the usual stuff I've previously said about all the original seasons of Big Brother but these five seasons is what made BB in this country so great. It's sad that we have shifted so very very far from that now.

Totally agree, they are definitely my fav BB years too.

I voted 2005, they had great tasks and it was a scream to watch.
I loved 2005 through to 2008- live streaming made it all the more fun and personal

I'm going to choose 2013, only because I was only in my early teens for the seasons I've watched (2006-2008) and didn't really understand much. Maybe I'll change my mind if I rewatched them.

I liked 2013 cause the housemate were pretty cool...I miss watching Tim and Ben so entertaining...this year the housemates are bleh!

I chose 2013 cause Tim and Ben were very entertaining this years housemates are Bleh!!! I am growing on Jake thou

A cross between 2006 and 2012.

Btw, I believe half of the people who voted for 2013 haven't even seen the 2000s BB. I mean, come on, besides Tim, Ben, Tully, Drew, Tahan and Mikkayla, that season was filled with boring housemates.

A cross between 2006 and 2012.

Btw, I believe half of the people who voted for 2013 haven't even seen the 2000s BB. I mean, come on, besides Tim, Ben, Tully, Drew, Tahan and Mikkayla, that season was filled with boring housemates.
2012? Tell me that was a typo?

You read it right. :)
hB3F259D2

while 2001 may be the gold standard, 2006 remains a memorable season... and may just be my second favourite. if it werent for joanne03, bb06 would definitely be my second favourite. sure, the winner was unfortunate, but krystal and perry were some great housemates!

I so do not remember enough about past seasons to compare. I honestly have enjoyed all of them and yeah some to different extents but I have no idea how to gauge.

What is strange is that I seem to remember watching it while at school but I graduated in 2001. So just that one year. I guess it's part of the 20s just disappearing so quickly.

I do think my enjoyment did go up when I got into it on here. So that probably happened from 2006 on wards. I remember thoroughly enjoying the last channel 10 season besides hating who won. However I probably just have a strong memory from being on here.

I accidentally read this as winner for any of the bb seasons... Which mine was tim from last year, but my fave season is 2005. I don't know what it is about that year, but I love it! I also love 2013. Tahan and tim are the reasons for it though

I have a fond memory of 2005 with the logans.
And for some reason I can never forget the song
"I'm going for a walk around the garden, I'm going for a walk today, and if everybody in here hates me.... Then I don't get a damn!"

Back