Skip to main content

What could possibly replace I'm a Celeb?

Brekkie

Staff member
So I'm a Celeb is flopping big style this year for Ten - they're so desperate they're bringing back a contestant from last year as ratings dip below half a million.

Could it? Should it? Would it?

Probably not, but heck, maybe, just maybe.

The I'm A Celeb format is very similar to Big Brother's. I don't see Ten replacing it with something so close. Depending how Bachelor In Paradise rates we could see that bumped up earlier next year or Ten will probably try a new reality show format. Something developed with CBS.

It's a lose/lose situation losing Celebrity. I don't think it's going to help Big Brother come back.

In terms of reality shows there really isn't a lot out there that hasn't already been done...

Whatever reality tv show they replace i'm a celeb with, I just hope that Alex M is nowhere near it.

Whatever reality tv show they replace i'm a celeb with, I just hope that Alex M is nowhere near it.

I think they'd be smart to just get rid of Alex and try for another series... Another thing I can't stand about the show is the constant banter segments between the hosts... Dial that back and really start focusing in on the people and the trials...

To try and make a little extra money off the show, they've even tried selling it a NZ network for broadcast - but it's flopping here too and is currently airing at 9:30pm/10pm.

The ship is going down...

Survivor doesn't rate that well for Ten anyway - nowhere near as well as it deserves.

Exactly. Ten could probably rejig the last part of the year so rather than running The Bachelor/Bachelorette and Survivor side by side they split them and air them over a longer period - The Bachelorette could probably be carried over to the I'm a Celeb slot.

Nine probably don't need Big Brother now as Married at First Sight, Ninja Warrior and The Block do well enough for them - but suspect they still don't want anyone else to have it either. Surely though even with them airing BBUSA now any rights they have to the format have long since elapsed - and as we see with Survivor airing the US version doesn't automatically mean they have the rights to produce the domestic version.

Exactly. Ten could probably rejig the last part of the year so rather than running The Bachelor/Bachelorette and Survivor side by side they split them and air them over a longer period - The Bachelorette could probably be carried over to the I'm a Celeb slot.

Nine probably don't need Big Brother now as Married at First Sight, Ninja Warrior and The Block do well enough for them - but suspect they still don't want anyone else to have it either. Surely though even with them airing BBUSA now any rights they have to the format have long since elapsed - and as we see with Survivor airing the US version doesn't automatically mean they have the rights to produce the domestic version.

Nine lost the rights to Big Brother in 2016.

Has any Australian network picked up the rights to Hunted? (A UK series in which people go "on the run" for a month and are tracked down by a team of hunters). Easily my favourite new reality show of recent years - it has a classic reality TV vibe about it, and though the second season wasn't as good as the first it returned to form with a celeb special and third series.

Has any Australian network picked up the rights to Hunted? (A UK series in which people go "on the run" for a month and are tracked down by a team of hunters). Easily my favourite new reality show of recent years - it has a classic reality TV vibe about it, and though the second season wasn't as good as the first it returned to form with a celeb special and third series.

I love the show Hunted and wouldn't mind an Australian version at all!!

The USA version was recently shown on Foxtel. Fantastic show and it would be great with the ratings as well.

Back