Skip to main content

What could a BB revival learn from Australian Survivor?

I actually think there is probably a lot of good options for hosts out there - the Channel 10 stable tends to take themselves less seriously that Nine and Seven. Maybe Amanda Keller - she is smart, witty and self deprecating. Sam Pang - also smart, quick witted and humble. Jessica Rowe - smart with integrity but has a sense of humour. I am literally just looking at the tenplay page and naming people I see. Hell, even Grant Denyer would be better than Sonia. That being said, no one on Nine would be a better choice than Sonia. As in they are all horrible
I could go with Amanda or Sam. Definitely not Jessica or Grant. Nearly as bad as Karl or Scott.

...Tom from Gogglebox?... (why do you think that you were evicted from the house?... I'll tell you why... you're a frickin' arsehole that's why you dickhead!)...
...Anastasia from Gogglebox?... (why dya reckon ya got evicted from the Big brother house you Malaka?)...

...but seriously... Amanda Keller would be brilliant in that job I reckon... but nobody has mentioned Queen Gretel Killeen herself... what's wrong with Gretel?... but yes... I would love to see Amanda Keller have a crack at it... I met her once... she's such a nice person... she'd do a great job methinks!... cheers.

...Tom from Gogglebox?... (why do you think that you were evicted from the house?... I'll tell you why... you're a frickin' arsehole that's why you dickhead!)...
...Anastasia from Gogglebox?... (why dya reckon ya got evicted from the Big brother house you Malaka?)...

...but seriously... Amanda Keller would be brilliant in that job I reckon... but nobody has mentioned Queen Gretel Killeen herself... what's wrong with Gretel?... but yes... I would love to see Amanda Keller have a crack at it... I met her once... she's such a nice person... she'd do a great job methinks!... cheers.
LOL @ Tom and Anastasia.

But would Amanda Keller get into it? And I know this is a hypothetical but she has very early morning starts for her radio gig so would not be available for BB, unfortunately.

They would need a new host, there's no bringing back Gretel. She got very grumpy and cynical by S7 and was replaced by Jacki O and Kyle for S8 (and they were awful).

Jessica Rowe seems a bit straight for it IMO. Sam Pang... hmm a male host... just seems wrong. Brian Dowling was terrible on BBUK, but not because he's a man, but because he made an awful, uncomfortable host. I could not believe they stuck with him for so long.

But to be completely honest i'm not going to be completely convinced of the success of Survivor until I see the return of long absent posters and fair weather forumites to these boards. Because in my humble opinion that is what will prove it to be a success. A deep and passionate engagement between the fans. Where every issue gets minutely examined. Where posters take sides and argue for their favorite. I mean sure the discussions looked nice, but to me they lacked soul. Only posting when the show is on to me indicates a lack of real interest in the show.

I mean if i was watching the show you bet I would have brought some fire to the forums. Unfortunately I could not as I was punishing myself for secret reasons.

But to be completely honest i'm not going to be completely convinced of the success of Survivor until I see the return of long absent posters and fair weather forumites to these boards. Because in my humble opinion that is what will prove it to be a success. A deep and passionate engagement between the fans. Where every issue gets minutely examined. Where posters take sides and argue for their favorite. I mean sure the discussions looked nice, but to me they lacked soul. Only posting when the show is on to me indicates a lack of real interest in the show.

I mean if i was watching the show you bet I would have brought some fire to the forums. Unfortunately I could not as I was punishing myself for secret reasons.

You realize that the primary topic of this forum is Big Brother right? We have plenty of other programs being discussed here but very few have brought a tone of members back to the forums... That said Survivor has never really reached the same level of online engagement that BB has...

You realize that the primary topic of this forum is Big Brother right? We have plenty of other programs being discussed here but very few have brought a tone of members back to the forums... That said Survivor has never really reached the same level of online engagement that BB has...

I could have lifted the level up to stratospheric heights! Heights soo dizzying that one would faint if they ever did see them.

It did do very well. Though having me posting would have made it awesome! :p (joking obviously).

From my own personal perspective though I haven't been alive for a couple of months. :(

Back