Skip to main content

Was Ryan winning the ultimate proof this was a bad season?

I haven't the slightest idea what type of houses you've lived in, but it most certainly isn't "standard" by any stretch of the word. It's a luxury home, prestige build, certainly out of reach for the average person. And no, there's not enough info to assess if they are "cash rich", but they are certainly "Asset rich" judging by the house alone, leveraged or not (and that's not even including the business they own). But then again, a truly rich person would probably be able to afford to go to a dentist to get their teeth fixed, and not have the dental profile of Sloth from The Goonies.

I personally could care less for his financial position, directly or by proxy, it was sheer curiosity and the lack of confirmation that compelled me to do some diggin'. I'll let other people choose to prejudice a housemate because he lived in a big house, went to a private school and his dad's good at styling hair for weddings, not because he's genuinely boring, unfunny, and has the physical profile of an extra from a zombie apocalypse filmset, as well as having favouritism afforded to him by not even having to audition to go on the show.

And I quite enjoy rapebot's foamy-mouthed efforts at trolling. From 'Rich Bully Ryan!' to trying to convince people magic and Harry Potter are real. It's like a fish trying to ride a bicycle.

Like I said, it's standard new build stuff in QLD especially on the GC or Sunshine Coast. A one Bedder (studio) apartment on the GC costs upward of 400K. Asset rich would only apply in reality, if the property was owned out right. I don't know if his parents do. *shrug*.

Like you, I couldn't give a shit if he is of personal wealth or not. What his parents may or may not have doesn't factor into the equation.

He may well be a deserved winner regardless. Other ex housemates have had nothing but positive feedback about the guy. That says a lot.

I have to admit the BBB administration has left a bad taste in my mouth (no, not bodily fluids hehehe:rolleyes: ) ever since they actively and shamelessly campaigned against @Estelle.Landy back in 2012 in favour of Ben.

I was flabbergasted about the odious crap said about Estelle in order to justify the behaviour of a vile so-called 'entertaining' bully and all because it WAS TIME :rolleyes: lol that Australia had a first gay winner like it was some pivotal point in Australian History that needed to be ticked off.

In general those responsible for running this site have a tendency of letting their own bias seep through and I can't lie and say that it doesn't grind my gears every now and again. I realise that I can leave whenever I want, don't let the door hit my arse on the way out etc... that's why I appreciate that it's optionally free. ;)

Thanks for feeling my pain with me.. I really need to get over this and I just can't!

To be honest, if there is any bias, or saying odious crap by me. It's worth point out I was one of the strongest supporters of Estelle and harshest critics of Ben on this website.

I spent a lot of time discussing how awful Ben was. How he didn't deserve to win because he was a bully who causes social divide in the house. I went on and on trying to explain it. Yet like with the Ryan fans. They don't pay attention to the person.

I may have also been the one who first brought up Ben's sociopathic personality traits. So if you're referring to me and this thread, you're kind of got it backwards with where I come from in viewing and judging housemates.

That said, Ben was a more worthy winner because he shaped the season and had an impact. There is not one single major, or even minor storyline this season Ryan was involved in. He was just in the house while stuff happened. Doesn't deserve to win. Leaving aside the fact he's an arrogant, judgmental prick.

He only won because he was up against big personalities. Who showed more of themselves front and center. Where it is hard to ignore the good and the bad. Ryan was barely there and so the bad got quite lost.

Like Ben 2012, most viewers are superficial, not paying attention. Hence why they win.

Last edited:
With that being said, I do agree that this season wasn't too well, especially with the premature evictions of rather amazing housemates (Gemma, Sandra, Jason) and the late-intruders - who should've either come in earlier or instead of Leo/Marina.

I would have put Penny in from the start instead of Lisa, Lina instead of Marina and Tom instead of Dion. And yep, I reckon Sandra, Gemma, Jason, Sam
Considering you see "insulting" Travis as hilarious, it's safe to say you have a problem recognising humour.

I laughed at the "you bastard" (or was it "you arsehole"?...can't remember specifically what it was) because the context in which it was delivered was funny, regardless of who it was aimed at. I actually don't mind Travis and would be happy for him to win.

It doesn't matter who wins this year. Even if Priya won and all you worshippers of her jumped for joy with tears streaming down your faces it still would be a bad year. No one person has carried the show this year and no one person can define it being bad. BB'14 has just be utterly abysmal. I don't want BB to go away, just this season which thankfully is almost here. I want it to come back and do better, way, way, way better. Step it up Ch9!

To be honest, if there is any bias, or saying odious crap by me. It's worth point out I was one of the strongest supporters of Estelle and harshest critics of Ben on this website.

I spent a lot of time discussing how awful Ben was. How he didn't deserve to win because he was a bully who causes social divide in the house. I went on and on trying to explain it. Yet like with the Ryan fans. They don't pay attention to the person.

I may have also been the one who first brought up Ben's sociopathic personality traits. So if you're referring to me and this thread, you're kind of got it backwards with where I come from in viewing and judging housemates.

That said, Ben was a more worthy winner because he shaped the season and had an impact. There is not one single major, or even minor storyline this season Ryan was involved in. He was just in the house while stuff happened. Doesn't deserve to win. Leaving aside the fact he's an arrogant, judgmental prick.

He only won because he was up against big personalities. Who showed more of themselves front and center. Where it is hard to ignore the good and the bad. Ryan was barely there and so the bad got quite lost.

Like Ben 2012, most viewers are superficial, not paying attention. Hence why they win.
I wasn't talking about you UAN, apologies for the misunderstanding. I was referring to when vibes/Tim started a thread in the 2012 season for the sole purpose of discouraging from and chastising posters for voting for Estelle. I don't know if you remember but I'm pretty sure you even posted on it as well.

what did ryan even do that was significant in this season? i've seen boards with nails on them with more personality than him. does australia like dull lads or something?

As a guy I like his sense of humor and his attitude. Comes across as a chill guy that would be cool to hang out with and have a few beers.

He isnt the loudest or the craziest but he doesnt have to be in order to be noticed or liked.

Penny and Richard should have been in the house in week one.
I liked Penny the more I saw of her, and Richard is a pretty good guy too.

Ryan did NOTHING for the other housemates! He didn't listen to their problems or help with any dramas. This is fucked up. Channel 9 made Travis lose and they should pay compensation.

Ryan did NOTHING for the other housemates! He didn't listen to their problems or help with any dramas. This is fucked up. Channel 9 made Travis lose and they should pay compensation.
right on! you should start a class action of......ONE!

Maybe one of those bottom feeding Law Firms like Trilby Missedya might take it on :)

Bon chance

Yep that is why he was the most liked housemate. #nailedit

Back