Skip to main content

Was Ryan winning the ultimate proof this was a bad season?

When the winner didn't feature in the week to week highlights of the series besides being there.

When their video package of the winners highlights consisted of them going into the house. Them laughing. Them shaving. Others saying comments about them, nothing really of note and some dancing.

When pretty much all the host of BB can say in the winning interview is, 'you wore a lot of hats' as well as ask him 'why people liked him.'

I think this final episode pretty much summed up my point that he didn't do much and added little to the season of Big Brother. He contributed nothing overall to the show besides being there.

People may like him, that's their business. I still disagree he was genuine. Evidenced by the fact he said he was playing nice after watching Skye nominate him. He admitted he was not being genuine. He then went to being a deliberate mean shithead. Then he went back to exactly how he was. Being fake, holding his tongue. Then the contradictory comments to his close circle of friends versus to BB and the rest of the house. Remember one of the final three upon seeing footage of him saying mean comments behind peoples backs made comment they were surprised he was like that. IE not genuine.

Anyway, boring winner. Although Sonia made reference to apply to be a housemate, so maybe he didn't cap off the final season before the show got cancelled. Although it's probably not certain yet.

I preferred this season. To the last two. Even though Ryan is boring. I still think he is a more likable winner then Ben and Tim.

Anyway, boring winner. Although Sonia made reference to apply to be a housemate, so maybe he didn't cap off the final season before the show got cancelled. Although it's probably not certain yet.
I'd take someone like Ryan as a winner any day over eccentrically popular housemates like Skye, Tim and such.

Of course, he shouldn't be as mundane and cringeworthy as Jamie'06. Now that guy took the 'boring housemate' to the next level.

I don't blame Ryan at all for the season. Honestly, good on him for being richer. However I just think his winning is clearly a sign of the seasons fails.
Why? Just because YOU think he was boring and did nothing to deserve it? Clearly a lot of people voted for him. And he was up for eviction 4-5 times and got saved every time so the majority of the voters wanted him there.

Wasn't it because he looked like a 90's movie villain? Or maybe it's both.

I based it off this:

A-a21O5CcAE89m3.jpg

When the winner didn't feature in the week to week highlights of the series besides being there.

When their video package of the winners highlights consisted of them going into the house. Them laughing. Them shaving. Others saying comments about them, nothing really of note and some dancing.

When pretty much all the host of BB can say in the winning interview is, 'you wore a lot of hats' as well as ask him 'why people liked him.'

I think this final episode pretty much summed up my point that he didn't do much and added little to the season of Big Brother. He contributed nothing overall to the show besides being there.

People may like him, that's their business. I still disagree he was genuine. Evidenced by the fact he said he was playing nice after watching Skye nominate him. He admitted he was not being genuine. He then went to being a deliberate mean shithead. Then he went back to exactly how he was. Being fake, holding his tongue. Then the contradictory comments to his close circle of friends versus to BB and the rest of the house. Remember one of the final three upon seeing footage of him saying mean comments behind peoples backs made comment they were surprised he was like that. IE not genuine.

Yeah, I agree that he was a bit of a boring winner.

Don't get me wrong, I liked him and I was happy he won.

But I think this was the first Final that I watched without really watching; had it on the background but didn't pay much attention.

Perked up at the eviction and when the winner was announced, but I don't remember a minute of Ryan's winning interview.

But personally, I don't think there was anyone out of this year's housemates that I would have found all that satisfying.

It's a sad indictment of 2014's casting (and my own juvenility) that I enjoyed hating housemates this year more than loving them.

Skye & Travis gave us more content then he ever did!
Just because they had a lot of screentime and drama doesn´t mean they entertained people. To me they were beyond annoying and why would i vote for them? And they both had a showmance so of course BB shoved that down our throats. Without Aisha i doubt Travis would be that popular. Who was the least annoying person in the house? That would be Ryan.

he got lucky
Sky and Travis spilt the self obsessed, brainless asshat vote which enabled him to just get over the line.

if David or Priya had been top 3 instead of one of those two then the remaining self obsessed, brainless asshat would have won in a landslide.

I'd take someone like Ryan as a winner any day over eccentrically popular housemates like Skye, Tim and such.

Of course, he shouldn't be as mundane and cringeworthy as Jamie'06. Now that guy took the 'boring housemate' to the next level.

My problem is, he didn't participate in Big Brother the show the way those housemates did.

He never let go in the house. He never did anything but sit back and be part of the game show Big Brother.

Never really put himself out there. Never really got invested or did anything with his interactions to cause any drama, conflict, love or what ever. He just sat there and watched everyone else getting involved in the show. Put themselves out there for scrutiny.

Why? Just because YOU think he was boring and did nothing to deserve it? Clearly a lot of people voted for him. And he was up for eviction 4-5 times and got saved every time so the majority of the voters wanted him there.

He is boring as in he added basically zero to the over all viewing experience of BB in 2014.

As I stated, his highlight reel was pathetic. He wasn't in the week to week highlights. He didn't do anything.

This is Big Brother. A show where people are meant to go into a house and live together. He went and played the game show version of BB. He held back. He sat back and watched everyone else create the dramas and the storylines. He was not a Big Brother contestant. He was a pot plant in the house.

He won precisely because of this. Big personalities that did a lot in the house, that were involved in human stories and drama have a lot more for people to be decisive on. There is also way too much they did to really remember. Ryan was barely in the show for the first part of the season. Sonia even said this after he won. It was more a case that he was just there and the more everyone else did, the more they lived and took part in BB. The more there was for people to judge and be put off by them. Ryan sitting in the background doing nothing, started to become more appealing by default as he wasn't doing anything. I'm sure it helps people think he's cute or what ever.

The number one thing he'll be remembered for is 'The Naked Chicken.' That is all.

No one has still defended him stating something interesting and good that he did that isn't a fleeting moment that wasn't created by BB.

My problem is, he didn't participate in Big Brother the show the way those housemates did.

He never let go in the house. He never did anything but sit back and be part of the game show Big Brother.

Never really put himself out there. Never really got invested or did anything with his interactions to cause any drama, conflict, love or what ever. He just sat there and watched everyone else getting involved in the show. Put themselves out there for scrutiny.
A strategy that paid off ...... big time $$$$ :)

Back