Skip to main content

Was Ryan winning the ultimate proof this was a bad season?

Hi, quick question....

Has it actually been confirmed that Ryan is, or his family, are indeed wealthy? I'm talking tangible proof, not speculation or hearsay. I really couldn't be bothered doing proper due diligence, but I'm hoping either one of his rabid, mindlessly loyal fans or an angsty, butthurt hater has found out his parent's address and staking out their beach side villa, as well as been tailing the Rolls Royce when they go to the shops.

Anyone?
spot on! And if his parents have done well financially...so what! Good luck to them.

It is pathetic how some people get on him because his parents may or may not be well to do! Real "sins of the father" crap

Ryan is OK. Probably the most solid choice of the three to win. Travis is entertaining but loses the plot a little (Aisha, Marina, kissing everybody over and over, MASSIV), and let's not talk about Skye's double life.

There were better options for HMs to win this year, but that's our fault for bad voting, not theirs. Imagine how things would have turned out if Priya had left instead of Katie way back when.

I think it's pretty clear that the editors don't want Ryan to win. They've given him basically zero screen time throughout the show despite the fact that other housemates have said he was the funniest. They also edited the Skye and Travis fights to make him look more in the wrong. I just don't think the editors think he works well as a winner so they've tried everything to prevent it from happening (he'll still most likely win though).

You're right, blatantly rallying for 1 hm in particular, calling the rest of the hms idiots, bogans etc.. as well as getting preferential treatment and exemptions around the forum design is probably better described as thinly disguised prejudice.

Call it whatever you want, is all boring semantics anyway but it doesn't negate the fact that it exists. I'm aware that this is a reality tv show but if I wasn't invested in it to some degree I wouldn't bother watching let alone post about it.

And like I said on another thread the accusation that this isn't something worth commenting on can work both ways. If it's that irrelevant/insignificant to you, you can just ignore those who do choose to bring it up. Personally I'm forced to be selective and skim through a large number of threads and posts or else it'll take me the entire day to read through everything. :)

Oh dude, much to my own chagrin I do read all of your posts.

I'm so over the "Ryan does nothing" attitude as if the other housemates have done so much more besides gossip.
Yeah apparently you have to be loud, attention seeking or a gossipping bitch to deserve to win. Its always the same every year when a quiet housemate wins. They are always called boring. Yeah i like normal down to earth kind of people who are humble and kind. And i am not a teenager so no i doubt its only the kiddies who vote for him.

And why do people say he had an easy run? If you get nominated all the time in the beginning its pretty much your own fault because then obviously you are doing something wrong and your personality is not very well liked.

Last edited:
Hi, quick question....

Has it actually been confirmed that Ryan is, or his family, are indeed wealthy? I'm talking tangible proof, not speculation or hearsay. I really couldn't be bothered doing proper due diligence, but I'm hoping either one of his rabid, mindlessly loyal fans or an angsty, butthurt hater has found out his parent's address and staking out their beach side villa, as well as been tailing the Rolls Royce when they go to the shops.

Anyone?

No, I made it all up. I just thought that he looked really rich with his slicked back hair and arrogant demeanour.

I've been seeing many people claim that Ryan is so boring, does nothing, etc. etc. when he clearly is a central character in the house and we have seen on numerous occasions him being hilarious and insightful, yeah there were more, lets say, controversial people who stirred the pot this season, but that doesn't mean he isn't deserving. Previous housemates are saying he's been the same since day 1, so he obviously hasn't been intentionally flying under the radar - perhaps the producers are at fault, who knows

I have to run with the housemates opinion on the guy as we have seen very little of the person THEY describe. It's clear they see him as a genuinely nice guy who's charming, funny and has at times stirred the pot. The fact WE have not seen it sort of sucks.

Anyway, I hope he wins tonight. David has said that's the outcome he would like so, that's fine with me too.

Ok, despite what I said before, I decided to do some research....

Using resources that I have proxy access to, I found out where his parents live (I won't advertise where it is because it could cause a lot of people grief)

Having a look the photos of the house, it's an executive home built in the last 10 years on a fairly good sized block; it looks like something from a holiday brochure or a stock image for a chillout album. High ceilings, large open planned living room and kitchen. There's a timber deck and a rather sizable pool. It was apparantly on the market about 6 years ago with a listed price in the 7 figure bracket for an extended period (didn't sell). It's definitely prestige. Not beachfront, but within walking distance.

The house is not a house a "poor" person would live in. I can't say if they're cash rich, but they are at least "asset rich". Quite easily.

Despite rapebot's relentless trolling, he/she/it was unwittingly not completely wrong.

Last edited:
Ok, despite what I said before, I decided to do some research....

Using resources that I have proxy access to, I found out where his parents live (I won't advertise where it is because it could cause a lot of people grief)

Having a look the photos of the house, it's an executive home built in the last 10 years on a fairly good sized block; It looks like something from a holiday brochure or a stock image for a chillout album. High ceilings, large open planned living room and kitchen. There's a timber deck and a rather sizable pool. It was apparantly on the market about 6 years ago with a listed price in the 7 figure bracket for an extended period (didn't sell). It's definitely prestige. Not beachfront, but within walking distance.

The house is not a house a "poor" person would live in. I can't say if they're cash rich, but they are at least "asset rich". Quite easily.

Despite rapebot's relentless trolling, he/she/it was unwittingly not completely wrong.

Sounds like a standard QLD "new build" to me. Doesn't mean the family is rich. They just have a hell mortgage is all. And his parents money (or perhaps lack their of) should not be a reflection of Ryan's personal wealth (or lack of).

Not a dis at reep either. I just reckon they were having a bit of fun. (much like Lina and her supposedly amazing voice)

Oh dude, much to my own chagrin I do read all of your posts.
I'm flattered but the point I was making was that just because you deem something to be 'unimportant' doesn't mean that it should be 'unimportant' to everybody else which is the vibe I get sometimes from your posts.

There's a lot of stuff that's 'discussed' on these forums that I perceive as trivial and not worthy of my time but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that others think they're worthy of discussion, to each their own. :)

I'm flattered but the point I was making was that just because you deem something to be 'unimportant' doesn't mean that it should be 'unimportant' to everybody else which is the vibe I get sometimes from your posts.

There's a lot of stuff that's 'discussed' on these forums that I perceive as trivial and not worthy of my time but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that others think they're worthy of discussion, to each their own. :)
Yeah I got what you meant. Sorry you get that vibe from my posts. My point was only that this is @Tim 's site. Not a public facility. So he has chosen to keep Priya up there and that's his prerogative.
I never actually stated whether I agreed with it or not or thought it was unimportant or not.

Yeah I got what you meant. Sorry you get that vibe from my posts. My point was only that this is @Tim 's site. Not a public facility. So he has chosen to keep Priya up there and that's his prerogative.
I never actually stated whether I agreed with it or not or thought it was unimportant or not.

It's a TV show, Con

The second time you did elaborate that in your opinion it should be the owner's way or the highway but in the first reply you were kinda implying (and rehashing what you said to mikidiki) that since it's a TV show it's not something worth 'complaining' about.

Like I said members in this forum complain about various number of things but I never feel the urge to go out of my way to tell them that I think it's pointless. If we were all to adopt that mindset we would stop posting altogether and I doubt the site admin would like that. :biggrin:

Big Brother cast him on the show. He did not audition. So I find it highly unlikely that this cast housemate, that they specifically went out of their way to put on the show was doing such entertaining and amazing things that they decided to not show.

Ryan brings no more comedy than the most boring of housemates. He has a selective edit, with very little. The problem is, this season of BB left very room for characters like him to develope. So they have to stick little bits here and there. If they aren't developing personalities, if the housemates aren't doing anything. We just get little snippits of them, which with the, 'pretend it's a happy family' BB tends to not be anything too interesting.

If anything I believe Ryan got a favorable edit. He tells lots of disgusting and inappropriate sex stories and jokes. In front of females he knows are uncomfortable with it. PG ratings we never see this.

He is the biggest hypocrit but we never see much of him, so it seems to be lost. We have had a whole season with tiny bits of him peppered in being a really mean spirited, mean humored, nasty little bitch behind peoples backs. However the show has challenged or pushed him so he can mainly keep his, 'yeah at the end of the day everything is wonderful' bullshit comments.

This is the guy who thinks he is so awesome he can do whatever he wants, say what ever inappropriate joke that he knows offends people and it is there problem. Yet people singing a silly song in the kitchen. He has to go around and tell them off for being immature. No time for anyone else. Then when it gets pointed out to him, he does plenty of 'immature' stuff. He can't handle it and almost has a cry that someone dare said something mean. Of course playing the game, he was holding back hard.

The guy is a little bitch, and the edit and his invisibility has helped him. He has always stood by people who are louder. All his friends have gone. This is because he was right there in the toxic groups. Right there in the mean bullshit, but he was more invisible and so stayed.

He does not deserve to win.

As for Dave saying that about Skye, well we have no clue and I honestly believe it's a big exaggeration / lie to undermine Skye. If this was such a problem, there's be nominations for her for doing it.
THIS!!

Sounds like a standard QLD "new build" to me. Doesn't mean the family is rich. They just have a hell mortgage is all. And his parents money (or perhaps lack their of) should not be a reflection of Ryan's personal wealth (or lack of).

Not a dis at reep either. I just reckon they were having a bit of fun. (much like Lina and her supposedly amazing voice)

I haven't the slightest idea what type of houses you've lived in, but it most certainly isn't "standard" by any stretch of the word. It's a luxury home, prestige build, certainly out of reach for the average person. And no, there's not enough info to assess if they are "cash rich", but they are certainly "Asset rich" judging by the house alone, leveraged or not (and that's not even including the business they own). But then again, a truly rich person would probably be able to afford to go to a dentist to get their teeth fixed, and not have the dental profile of Sloth from The Goonies.

I personally could care less for his financial position, directly or by proxy, it was sheer curiosity and the lack of confirmation that compelled me to do some diggin'. I'll let other people choose to prejudice a housemate because he lived in a big house, went to a private school and his dad's good at styling hair for weddings, not because he's genuinely boring, unfunny, and has the physical profile of an extra from a zombie apocalypse filmset, as well as having favouritism afforded to him by not even having to audition to go on the show.

And I quite enjoy rapebot's foamy-mouthed efforts at trolling. From 'Rich Bully Ryan!' to trying to convince people magic and Harry Potter are real. It's like a fish trying to ride a bicycle.

Last edited:
don't want to go all monty python and state the bleeding fucking obvious but he hasn't won yet. I have a shedload of money on it and everytime I hear he will win, he wont.

I have an awful feeling the sunburnt fish will win it.

View attachment 46872

Considering who we have left to vote for, if the Sunburnt Fish had a 'vote to win' number i'd mortgage my left nut to pay for the calls!

None of them specifically deserve to win, either for entertainment or strategy or just being an outstanding Housemate. Ryan is the least objectionable of the three but I didn't want to waste any money voting so I can't really complain about the outcome.

Back