Skip to main content

Was David creating drama to gameplay?

I think David was just over Lisa's shit. He has been made to feel like he doesn't belong there which is terrible.

I've watched this whole "david doesn't belong" thing in the house with amusement. Because I doubt it was ever true.
In life and especially online, people will SAY something that isn't true over & over again until people just accept that as the truth & others will then base their debates on that 'fact'. But if you look closely at the opening statement & question it you see a whole new agenda open up.
In this instance, the 'no-one wants to talk to you David' thing started with Lisa & she said it enough that the well meaning newly formed 'housemates' all agreed just to get in on the conversation. But if they actually thought about it, most of them DO talk to him, they DO get along with him. It got to the point where David believed it, but after the spa spat he quickly realised they weren't all against him.

The reality is he has no less 'negatives' than any other HM and the negativity that has been directed toward him has actually HELPED him to gain followers on the outside.
It's funny because while I liked the guy pre-shaved (the whole 'stinky beard' thing was juvenile, most good beards are very well looked after) I haven't changed my opinion of him since the shave etc but nor have I increased my approval of him. I find it equally amusing how much of the public started to sing his praises simply BECAUSE of the shave.

Well with the weight of the Lisa problem off his back, David is now just a regular HM who needs to show something spectacular to stand out now. Not sure he can, but he's on an average rating at the moment I think.

Reactions: ts2
I've watched this whole "david doesn't belong" thing in the house with amusement. Because I doubt it was ever true.
In life and especially online, people will SAY something that isn't true over & over again until people just accept that as the truth & others will then base their debates on that 'fact'. But if you look closely at the opening statement & question it you see a whole new agenda open up.
In this instance, the 'no-one wants to talk to you David' thing started with Lisa & she said it enough that the well meaning newly formed 'housemates' all agreed just to get in on the conversation. But if they actually thought about it, most of them DO talk to him, they DO get along with him. It got to the point where David believed it, but after the spa spat he quickly realised they weren't all against him.

The reality is he has no less 'negatives' than any other HM and the negativity that has been directed toward him has actually HELPED him to gain followers on the outside.
It's funny because while I liked the guy pre-shaved (the whole 'stinky beard' thing was juvenile, most good beards are very well looked after) I haven't changed my opinion of him since the shave etc but nor have I increased my approval of him. I find it equally amusing how much of the public started to sing his praises simply BECAUSE of the shave.

Well with the weight of the Lisa problem off his back, David is now just a regular HM who needs to show something spectacular to stand out now. Not sure he can, but he's on an average rating at the moment I think.

I agree in saying that not all of the housemates hate David. I said that he feels that he doesn't belong. Evidence being at the party when he said to Skye "you're the first person to come up and talk to me". Also when they went around the dinner table and he said that he feels like his opinions get brushed aside by the other housemates.

Also, I think when you're in the house you over think people's comments and people's body language towards you.

I personally didn't think anything different of him when he shaved, maybe that it suited him better than his beard but a chunk of hair doesn't define someone. I agree, it's pretty shallow of people to change their entire outlook of a person because of a shave.

...he said to Skye "you're the first person to come up and talk to me". ......
What he said was that Skye was the first person to come up to him & discuss an issue they had with him. But yes he did/does have somewhat of an inferiority complex in there. I actually cringe when he vocalises this; it's never a good thing to do, makes you seem even more 'needy'.
And yes, people inside & outside the house viewed him differently, and by what some said (before & after/ online & in the house) it was ONLY the beard's presence/absence that affected their feelings.
Very shallow & very fickle indeed. Perceived 'looks' matter to some.

What he said was that Skye was the first person to come up to him & discuss an issue they had with him. But yes he did/does have somewhat of an inferiority complex in there. I actually cringe when he vocalises this; it's never a good thing to do, makes you seem even more 'needy'.
And yes, people inside & outside the house viewed him differently, and by what some said (before & after/ online & in the house) it was ONLY the beard's presence/absence that affected their feelings.
Very shallow & very fickle indeed. Perceived 'looks' matter to some.

Definitely! I reckon it comes across as needy also but you're in a house that plays with you psychologically. I think it was good of him to vent how he was feeling to make others aware rather than bottling it all in and snapping at people.

Really sad how everyone in the house was like "omg you're a new person, you look so good" and pretty much sucked up to him.

I think everyone judges on looks first because it's the first thing we see, but to judge someone completely over a beard is just stupid haha :)

Back