Skip to main content

Was David creating drama to gameplay?

Lisa has some serious problems I think, she's obviously had something mess her up in life she just seems really broken with a lot of baggage. She can be really nasty and bitter, she seems to only be able to insult people on a very superficial level which is pretty low. Lisa doesn't seem to let things go and I've noticed her little speeches seem to really be feminist as if she is trying to get the female vote, just seemed really fake and silly. From what they've shown she has a chip on her shoulder and makes snarky comments to people here and there with a tone of hatred and disgust. David obviously having people push him aside and treat him as a black sheep basically because of Lisa it's not surprising he snapped and I say good on him she needed a boot up the arse. I hope David doesn't go home as he seems to be developing as a person in the house it seems like he will get quite interesting. I've seen and dealt with Lisa's type before and it bores me, she just is a nasty person in that house and not in an entertaining way to me it's just irritating.

See this is the problem. I agree that something has broken Lisa but what was it? We never get to hear any of the hms back stories like we used to hear on the live feeds and better edited daily shows. We have no choice but to form opinions based on pretty much just the info we get in the hms intro packages and what they say in the few minutes airtime they each get per week. They say and do things that are directly related to their lives pre-BB but we don't know that. From out point of view it just makes for confusing and shallow and often illogical behavior. It's like the whole show is getting dumbed down more and more every year.

No i think he just reached his breaking point with her, tbh i used to like Lisa, but after she made those comments she seemed like a typical "mean girl" bully.

Nobody in BBAU really knows how to "play the game" as there isn't really a game to be played, especially with so many nominees up each week now, meaning even being nominated isn't really a knock to your "game play".

It was pathetic how upset Lisa got and how much she bloody cried over the whole thing, but if I was David and saw just how upset my comments made her I would feel really bad! I never like seeing someone cry because of something I did. It hurts, even if they hurt you first... David was proabably just feeling a little guilty.. I think he has a pretty big heart.
I think she was more "upset" that she had acted like that towards David and didn't want to be perceived as a mean girl.

No way. He just snapped, and then it snow balled - classic emotional reaction of someone who bottles shit up. Once the confrontation started, it couldn't end until they had both deflated and everything was out there.

I loved Leo's wrap up of it in the diary room, very true.

Calling this gameplay is as bad as that time Gemma tried to pretend her tears where fake and just for drama. Ok Gemma, whatever you say.

Reactions: ts2
He keeps saying he's thick skinned and nothing gets to him, you can see it in his eyes that that's not the case though.

See to me, and this is gauging the way some people dominate in the house. There's a lot more going on than we see. Even with Travis being shut out the previous week and having to be aggressive to get his point across. I really think there is a lot more power group dynamics than we are seeing.

David was trying to make his point, Ryan was going back at him, challenging it. Of course Ryan being a big dumb dumb head missed the point. He of course had the queen cheer bitch with him jumping up throwing, 'yeah bitch' or whatever in Davids face. David doesn't buy into their self proclaimed cheer leader and jock heirachy and was was just wanting to make sure his point got across. There's obviously a lot of context, he doesn't feel he gets heard, he has said he gets cut off a lot. So he snarked up a bit. Otherwise what? He just returns to quietly sitting in the corner being emasculated and shut down by the pricks of the house who want to have dominance.

Then what was he saying, he wants to get his point across. He can't, but of course she can do whatever she wants because she's lisa. And then her reaction was, 'yeah that's right, I am lisa.' Arrogant idiot. Then the whole formal thing and some where she called him a hairy dwarf and apparently seems to have said a lot more mean stuff that didn't make the edit.

Don't forget, to the HM's David is an easy target for nomination points, much like Tully and Tahan were. He wouldn't have to do anything to anyone, and they would still nominate him. Even Sandara nominated him, then did the obligatory 'I feel bad for doing it' diary room speech.

Like him or not, he is, at least, providing us with something interesting to watch. Now I don't like Lisa either, however she too is providing great viewing.

If I was in that house, I would hang out with David any day of the week, than hang with the likes of Lisa, Katie etc.

Go David, you have my vote.

Speaking of game plans and manipulators, I think that Ryan is pulling a lot more strings than we are seeing too. The he's disappearing into the mists when the arguments start. I very much get the impression that we're not seeing much of him in the edits because BB is "saving him for later".

Lisa is the girl at school, that you always wanted the bus to run over.

She is just a mean bitch & hates the so called dorks etc of the world.

When this season begun, I really didn't like David; I thought that his approach to the game was so appalling, and getting annoyed when people aren't telling him what he is doing wrong to be up for eviction was a bit hypocritical considering he wanted to be the "strategic mastermind who played the game" of this season. However, he's really settled down and shown some maturity as the show has moved on. He's playing all the right cards at the moment, confronting the bully (Lisa) and subsequently, being the better man by salvaging the relationship and offering to clear the slate. Be it strategy or not, I definitely think it's working. That being said, I don't think his recent behaviour is superficial, I just think he has learned to accept the fact that he doesn't necessarily click with all the housemates and is using this to his advantage, a la his discussion with Skye on the Sunday dinner in which he commended her maturity being the first HM to approach him legitimately. It's a very smart move, forming an alliance with what could be potentially the most popular HM in the house at the moment.

I definitely think that David is one of the more strategic HM's of this season, but he hasn't really been able to execute it successfully. David didn't understand that the BB experience isn't a sprint, with his first few weeks being a testament. Ultimately, he went about it all wrong, however, he's really pulled it all together and now just has to use the spot he's in right now to his advantage and not jump the gun. He's got one shot at winning, and it's not pretending to be the funny guy, or being the clear cut, obvious strategist (like Gemma); it's his approach of the subtly kind HM who just can't catch a break, keyword being subtle; It's a marathon.

I think David's handled it all pretty well really. Put Lisa in her place as directly as he could so she had no mistakes in understanding him.
Then after he let her 'simmer' over what happened, the best strategy is to make the first move to calm the waters. It would have put her off her guard somewhat & in reality HE steered the apology conversation the way he wanted to.
She's gone back to her old ways again but now very warily as she knows she's not going to intimidate David & with his matter of fact approach, she'll be thinking 'maybe people will see him as being right' because her way of dealing with it all is not very level headed but I don't think she can rein that back in enough, it's not her style.

I think David was just over Lisa's shit. He has been made to feel like he doesn't belong there which is terrible.

All he did was say that Lisa was being inappropriate in saying that Lawson was going to cheat and she dug back by playing on his insecurities. I say good on him for standing up for himself and calling out Lisa on her bullshit.

Honestly I would of torn Lisa a new one if I was in David's position but he handled it well.

I think Lisa's cry fest that followed en suit was strategy in saying that she was worried not only of the house's perception of her but the public's too.

She tried to save her ass but she has shown her true colours of being a complete and utter bitch.

Slayvid FTW

Back