Skip to main content

Voice of Big brother 2020

so to be clear...they arent rerecording the BB voice in post , ther just adding the sound effect in afterwards?

i had read somewhere that the housemates had heard s producers voice and that his lines were redone after the show and audio edited in. But that would be really stupid

so to be clear...they arent rerecording the BB voice in post , ther just adding the sound effect in afterwards?

i had read somewhere that the housemates had heard s producers voice and that his lines were redone after the show and audio edited in. But that would be really stupid

No. A forum spy attended the Big Brother Compound during filming of the series a few months ago and he could clearly hear the Big Brother voice which was described - as a cheaper version of Leon Murrays voice.

No. A forum spy attended the Big Brother Compound during filming of the series a few months ago and he could clearly hear the Big Brother voice which was described - as a cheaper version of Leon Murrays voice.
That's the second time you have made this unsubstantiated claim.

Go and read through the 'house' thread and flick back to about page 5 and there you will see it.

This is the post you are referring to. Nowhere - nowhere - does it say anything about voice or if it was the digitised BB voice we hear on the show:

ok so I went to the house today to check it out. it is right next to the parking lot in plain sight as everyone has said. got out of the car and immediately heard "This is Big Brother, Xavier, please come to the-". the sound was coming from the black area on the left so I am assuming that is the garden. after that we could hear sirens going off and the housemates screaming so it sounded like there was a challenge going on.
So if anyone knows a Xavier that's gone missing I guess they are in the BB house...

so noone here actually knows if the voice is rerecorded in post or just has the robot effect added?
Admittedly the source may not be particularly reliable (Now To Love / Woman's Day):

"Whenever the housemates wish to chat, they're usually put onto a producer whose voice is remastered to sound like the actual Big Brother in post-production for the show," says our source.

And unrelated, but also in this article:

While the show makes it look like the housemates walk into a room in the house for their challenges, the basement room is actually far away from the BB compound. A source tells Woman's Day contestants are "blindfolded, covered with a hoodie and then driven to the challenge set in a small bus".

Admittedly the source may not be particularly reliable (Now To Love / Woman's Day):

"Whenever the housemates wish to chat, they're usually put onto a producer whose voice is remastered to sound like the actual Big Brother in post-production for the show," says our source.

While the show makes it look like the housemates walk into a room in the house for their challenges, the basement room is actually far away from the BB compound. A source tells Woman's Day contestants are "blindfolded, covered with a hoodie and then driven to the challenge set in a small bus".

BULLSH*T!

Yes this would make sense as I have said in the past the “basement” for the challenges is over in the artillery gym. Which is on the other side of the precinct

I’m just really not feeling BB’s voice this time. Remember the female big brother we’d sometimes hear late at night? I liked the mix and how we’d know there was more than 1, but then again there’s no Up-Late anymore, which I really, really miss. (Or maybe I just miss looking at mike goldman) I don’t know which BB I’ve been happiest with but I did always like P.A.’s ‘dad voice’ ☺️

Yeah I never minded the multiple BB voices (i.e. producers). The UK has never been shy to have female "Big Brothers". The idea that multiple producers could be using a voice encoder is just not possible as they would all have to use exactly the same intonations as the voice over guy to sound consistent. Vocoders/digitisers/autotune just can't do that on the fly.

Yeah I never minded the multiple BB voices (i.e. producers). The UK has never been shy to have female "Big Brothers". The idea that multiple producers could be using a voice encoder is just not possible as they would all have to use exactly the same intonations as the voice over guy to sound consistent. Vocoders/digitisers/autotune just can't do that on the fly.
That's my thoughts - the voice on the early promos did seem to have a slow shallow flange.

The robo-voice seems to have softened these last few episodes. Could definitely distinguish two different voices in tonights ep. I think it's a shame if they soften it - I quite like the effect.

I don't doubt they're overdubbing the effect and cleaning up for the edit (the cadence would be way too hard to keep consistent).

The robo-voice seems to have softened these last few episodes. Could definitely distinguish two different voices in tonights ep. I think it's a shame if they soften it - I quite like the effect.
The alien effect has been wound back quite a bit since the start I think. Mabe a response to viewer feedback? Even the DM ran an article on it (because Twitter is their main source of "news").

"...the basement room is actually far away from the BB compound. A source tells Woman's Day contestants are "blindfolded, covered with a hoodie and then driven to the challenge set in a small bus".

In Sunday's episode, Garth wasn't shown putting on a blindfold before he went to the "top secret" bunker (even though he should have been). So I don't have much confidence that they bothered with blindfolds when moving to/from the challenge area.

Edit: And if they were blindfolded, why didn't they film it. For the first challenge, crew could have walked the blindfolded housemates into middle of the challenge area, and the BB voice could have instructed the housemates to take off their blindfolds.

In Sunday's episode, Garth wasn't shown putting on a blindfold before he went to the "top secret" bunker (even though he should have been). So I don't have much confidence that they bothered with blindfolds when moving to/from the challenge area.
Yeah I actually agree. Van yes. Blindfold? Doubtful.

Back