Skip to main content

Episode US Celebrity Big Brother (2018) - (USA/9Now) Episode Discussion

Just checked the ratings for the last BB US season (Season 9) to air in the UK on E4. The first two episodes rated pretty well with both getting over 300k but then the ratings dropped big time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_9_(U.S.)#UK_television_ratings

I guess I just prefer the UK and Australian format where you get see more of the housemate interaction without having to resort to live feeds.

This aired a month after one of the worst preforming UK series (BB:Celebrity Hijack) of the time so I'd say it preformed alright... Celebrity Hijack started with 1.69 million viewers and ended with only 644,000... Considering the previous January the show was pulling in upwards of 5 million viewers... This was also the second American series aired in the UK so it obviously had a decent following to warrant airing another... BB9 was also considered the absolute worst American series to date by fans... This was the first series I actually completely gave up... So I don't blame the British public for the less than stellar ratings...

DEAD!
tumblr_p45p3iPEII1untprdo2_400.gif

tumblr_p45p3iPEII1untprdo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Kk so just caught up. I am still liking Amorsa. She is so articulate. I really do find her really interesting to watch. I really am shocked at Shannon’s reaction to being nominated. It is so childish to me!

Don’t worry Jordan, our eye candy isn’t going anywhere.

And a question to our beloved pain in the arse resident BB fact finder @Kingston . Do the “houseguests” get paid if they win, or does that money go to charity?

I am thinking CBB US didn't rate because the format is way too different to what we are used to. The whole show is the houseguests strategising who to nominate and vote off + them competing in competitions. There is no real viewer engagement with the show and we don't really get to know the houseguests as people as a lot of them seem to have put on a persona just for the show.

All this makes it very hard for Australians to connect with the show. I doubt I will watch anymore BB US after this season. I will stick to BB UK, I am watching their latest CBB at the moment and its a million times better than the US one.

Didn't rate in Australia, you mean? Yeah, I agree with that. Although, down under, the HMs have to put on some sort of persona as well to stay entertaining so they can stay on.

Obviously... But does that really have to do with the format itself? Looking at the BB Facebook page the majority of the comments are about wanting a BBAU revival...

And why wouldn't they? BBAU is great. It's more family-friendly than BBUK, and not the constant strategy fest that BBUS is.

James needs to play this game more strategically. Throwing competitions is not a good idea.

I really think James needs to align with Omarosa to get Ross and Brandi out.

And why wouldn't they? BBAU is great. It's more family-friendly than BBUK, and not the constant strategy fest that BBUS is.

Going too much in the family friendly direction as well as doing too much too soon is what killed Big Brother on Nine. Not to mention the lack of any live feed/updates which is integral to Big Brother.

James needs to play this game more strategically. Throwing competitions is not a good idea.

I really think James needs to align with Omarosa to get Ross and Brandi out.
NooooOooooo!

Not my beloved Ross!!!

I can not get over the amount of filler and Botox in Brandi’s face! It looks like a mask! Girls must think that look is attractive because so many nowadays look like it. I would be interested if men find it a good look. I am all for subtle but these Mask character like cheekbones and frozen pouts imo leave them looking like a caricature of their former selves.

NooooOooooo!

Not my beloved Ross!!!

I can not get over the amount of filler and Botox in Brandi’s face! It looks like a mask! Girls must think that look is attractive because so many nowadays look like it. I would be interested if men find it a good look. I am all for subtle but these Mask character like cheekbones and frozen pouts imo leave them looking like a caricature of their former selves.

Sorry, but I can't stand him at all. He is always scheming to get James and Omarosa evicted. He is playing the game very much like Shannon but the other House Guests are not seeing what is going on.

NooooOooooo!

Not my beloved Ross!!!

I agree with @Affable... He's a funny guy but far too paranoid...

Kk so just caught up. I am still liking Amorsa. She is so articulate. I really do find her really interesting to watch. I really am shocked at Shannon’s reaction to being nominated. It is so childish to me!

Don’t worry Jordan, our eye candy isn’t going anywhere.

And a question to our beloved pain in the arse resident BB fact finder @Kingston . Do the “houseguests” get paid if they win, or does that money go to charity?

Yeah they all got 200K to enter the house and the winner wins an additional 250K. Also their stipend is 5K for each eviction they survive

I think mixing the UK format with the US format could potentially be the way to go forward if BB AU gets revived down the road. And bringing back live feeds is a must.

I think mixing the UK format with the US format could potentially be the way to go forward if BB AU gets revived down the road. And bringing back live feeds is a must.

100% the way to go I think... I've copied and pasted this from another thread but here's my ideal format...

Each week the HM's will compete to be Head of Household... As in the American format this HM will be given the power to nominate two HM's for possible eviction... The HoH will also have the power later in the week to nullify (in private) one eviction vote...

The public will award a special power to the HM of their choice which is called The Golden Key... This HM will be granted safety from nomination and will nominate a third HM for possible eviction... Just like HoH this power cannot be awarded in consecutive weeks...

Unlike the American format only the three nominated HM's will compete for The Power of Veto... The winner of this competition will earn the power to veto their nomination... No replacement will be named in their place...

Once nominations have been finalized the public will be given a chance to cast a single vote to evict along side the remaining HM's... The HoH and the two nominees do not vote... In the event of a deadlocked vote the public vote is the tie-breaker... This is the only time the result of the vote will be revealed to the house...

The show would be stripped across 6 to 7 days a week and would include a weekly companion show called BB:Insider... 24/7 live feed is also essential...

Back