Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

I wasn't deflecting anything, only pointing out your hypocrisy. And don't use that too busy excuse. The bullying has been happening for a number of years.

And like i've said before, i don't support everything Trump does, but you insulting me isn't doing anything to change my mind.
I snapped at you because I was suprised and disappointed that Trumps behaviour in the last few days has not affected your overall support of him. And disappointed in myself for actually thinking that it would.

I snapped at you because I was suprised and disappointed that Trumps behaviour in the last few days has not affected your overall support of him. And disappointed in myself for actually thinking that it would.

I have been disappointed in his comments over the last few days.

Arguably his comments in the last few days have been even worse than usual. But I struggle to see that there was ever a time when he wasn't an arsehole.

Reactions: kxk
Sorry, Trump, But ......
Obama’s Tweet on Charlottesville Is Officially the Most Popular of All Time

upload_2017-8-18_21-24-13.png

Over the weekend, as images of Nazi symbols and white supremacists marching down the streets of Charlottesville proliferated on TV and social media, a small beacon of hope emerged from a very familiar source: Barack Obama.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion,”
Obama tweeted on Saturday evening, putting the Nelson Mandela quote alongside a heartening photograph of himself playing with children of all different backgrounds.
“People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love,” he continued, “For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

According to Favstar, a Twitter tracking site, Obama’s Mandela quote is now the most-liked tweet in Twitter history. As of Wednesday morning, it has garnered more than 3.3 million likes and 1.3 million retweets. In contrast, Trump’s tweetfrom the same day, in which he called the events at Charlottesville “sad!” has only managed about 11,000 retweets. (And you’d better believe those aren’t all endorsement RT’s.)

http://www.vogue.com/article/barack-obama-tweet-charlottesville-popular-tweet?mbid=social_facebook

Ohh that will anger Trump. I do wonder if Trump's Jeykll and Hyde performances when it comes to the media have lost him some supporters. Because it seems he has very little self control when it comes to media, plus he has a pathological need not to be wrong.

I get most of my news online now, not via TV, so I've only just got around to watching that press conference. I already knew the substance of what he said, but it was something else to actually hear it, and the aggressive tone it was said in :eek:. Think how he talks to his staff when there's no cameras around?

For anyone else who hasn't already seen it, you can watch it in full here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKbFA7HW-U

And Steve Bannon's gone too:

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...s/news-story/4d166e572b35c121d6e2882ca24b8340

DUMPED Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon has declared the president’s days are over as he retakes control of the alt-right news blog Breitbart.

“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon told the conservative opinon magazine The Weekly Standard in an interview shortly after confirming his departure.

“We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

And the presidential advisor turned alt-right loose cannon says he is not the only one abandoning the presidency. “There’s about to be a jailbreak of these moderate guys on the Hill,” he says, of congressional Republicans.

More at link.

Last edited:
Trump really needs to have someone just as stubborn as he is to control his desire to run his mouth off in the media. Because I've always thought that when these tragic situations happen it is easy to say stuff as a leader because as long as you say the right things then there should be no problem. Because even if you do believe that the situation may be more complex, saying that after a tragic incident is the worst thing you can do.

I fear that Trump is going to become so focused on "getting back" at the media that he'll forget about running the country.

20901523_1892213847696377_8568244418966152407_o.jpg

"This happened to me. Trala 'bullied' me, blah, blah, blah", when they were being mean to Tully for years. I am absolutely appalled.

I can now see what Tully has been saying all of this time. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I fear that Trump is going to become so focused on "getting back" at the media that he'll forget about running the country.
He's only ever been focused on the media. He's never had any interest in running the country. It's all ever only about how Trump is and has been portrayed.

"This happened to me. Trala 'bullied' me, blah, blah, blah", when they were being mean to Tully for years. I am absolutely appalled.

I can now see what Tully has been saying all of this time. You have no idea what you are talking about.
I am not sure what this is about, but to respond to where my name is mentioned, I have never "bullied" anyone on this forum, I have however argued and disagreed with many in a direct manner.

Just because a poster makes you feel angry, upset, exasperated or frustrated doesn't equate to being "bullied". The funniest thing when it comes to the (only two) posters who constantly accused me of being a bully, their squeals of "bully stalker" always came when I replied to their post which was directed at me!!

I miss those crazy days.

:)

He's only ever been focused on the media. He's never had any interest in running the country. It's all ever only about how Trump is and has been portrayed.

I thought he was going to something good though, that he was going to make America great again. But it seems like he isn't interested in that beyond a few token gestures.

Back