Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

Waittt a minute....is all this catfishing nonsense about Inigo just a thinly veiled insult against me that i'm so ugly that only someone catfishing would be pretended to be interested in me?

Waittt a minute....is all this catfishing nonsense about Inigo just a thinly veiled insult against me that i'm so ugly that only someone catfishing would be pretended to be interested in me?

Catfishing doesn't necessarily work like that. Usually the Catfish looks different to how they are perceived to be. Not necessarily the person who is getting Catfished.

Catfishing doesn't necessarily work like that. Usually the Catfish looks different to how they are perceived to be. Not necessarily the person who is getting Catfished.

Well whatever the reason i think we can all agree that Inigo never catfished me.

Haha.

I have obviously spent too much time on these Forum. Back some time ago when Inigo and TraLa were on the site st the same time they briefly became friends. There was a discussion about catfishing - I dont really know why but I think TraLa assumed Inigo was catfishing. Her photo/avatar was discussed at the time. And I believe they met in person once or twice.

And then they seemed to stop being friends. Inigo moved interstate or something. Started studying/got a new job/boyfriend/who knows what else. And hasnt been heard of since! (Not quite, but close enough).

I have no idea which thread/s. But it was probably a year and a half ago. Maybe two.

I know tooooo much about this!

I tend to think inigo probably is who she says she is.

Witty on the otherhand... No way do I believe he was some ict guru who flitted off to places like Japan to set up computer systems, made it so rich he retired early to live on some huge piece of land with a waterfall, only to spend 24-7 on a big brother forum. What about maintenance on the property or even shopping? He never left long enough to have travelled to go get supplies, or to have mowed grass or fixed fences etc.

Reactions: Tee
I think the Mods need to rename this thread What Would Reepbot Say 3. It seems it has become (yet another) thread where Reepbot can obsess and try and bait others into talking about his favourite subject, Inigo. Who coincidentally is a girl who shared publicly she was so frightened of Reepbot's constant stalking and infatuation she thought he would actually physically hurt her, who voiced over and over her frustration at his constant following and "liking".

My only advice, not that those of you who seem to enjoy engaging with him asked, stop enabling him. Don't encourage him by continuing this constant Inigo dialog. Every time you say her name (which of course isn't her actual name) you dysfunctionally reward him.

Witty on the otherhand... No way do I believe he was some ict guru who flitted off to places like Japan to set up computer systems, made it so rich he retired early to live on some huge piece of land with a waterfall, only to spend 24-7 on a big brother forum. What about maintenance on the property or even shopping? He never left long enough to have travelled to go get supplies, or to have mowed grass or fixed fences etc.
That's why I thought potentially he was institutionalised or something. He was weird, fairly mean and Never Seemed To Ever do anything or be anywhere but these forums.

I have to confess, I am a bit addicted (!) but I do actually go to work and meet friends and go on holidays and stuff. And I dont compile spreadsheets on members. He just didnt seem to do Anything Else...

Totally agree.

Inigo is a good egg, and she is who she says she is. While she and I have had our disagreements, on the whole I think she is a good kid. I'm 100% on her shitlist at the moment, but personally I have no grudge against her, I just didn't like her views on Islam (not that she shared those here) and the language she once used when discussing a gay man. I have lots of gay friends and a handful of Islamic friends and I really took offence on their behalf. Doesn't make me right of course, just meant my opinion was different to hers.

As far as Witty goes, there was always something not right with him. He became absolutely fixated on me. He fixated on every aspect of my life and I don't mean to sound paranoid but I have no doubt he kept some sort of "file" on me. It would be nothing for me to log in after a restful nights sleep and be greated with 30+ alerts where he had spent the entire night quoting, mentioning and responding to posts, some of which I had made from 2012. It was cray! And as soon as a poster would comment on his behaviour he would add them to his mental clique, then they too would be targeted. By the end of his time here the only person not in this "clique" list was Reepbot!

Haha.

I have obviously spent too much time on these Forum. Back some time ago when Inigo and TraLa were on the site st the same time they briefly became friends. There was a discussion about catfishing - I dont really know why but I think TraLa assumed Inigo was catfishing. Her photo/avatar was discussed at the time. And I believe they met in person once or twice.

And then they seemed to stop being friends. Inigo moved interstate or something. Started studying/got a new job/boyfriend/who knows what else. And hasnt been heard of since! (Not quite, but close enough).

I have no idea which thread/s. But it was probably a year and a half ago. Maybe two.

I know tooooo much about this!

I thought they were still friends after Inigo moved.

Well who knows with Witty.

That's why I thought potentially he was institutionalised or something. He was weird, fairly mean and Never Seemed To Ever do anything or be anywhere but these forums.

I have to confess, I am a bit addicted (!) but I do actually go to work and meet friends and go on holidays and stuff. And I dont compile spreadsheets on members. He just didnt seem to do Anything Else...

He was almost as addicted as me.

I think the Mods need to rename this thread What Would Reepbot Say 3. It seems it has become (yet another) thread where Reepbot can obsess and try and bait others into talking about his favourite subject, Inigo. Who coincidentally is a girl who shared publicly she was so frightened of Reepbot's constant stalking and infatuation she thought he would actually physically hurt her, who voiced over and over her frustration at his constant following and "liking".

My only advice, not that those of you who seem to enjoy engaging with him asked, stop enabling him. Don't encourage him by continuing this constant Inigo dialog. Every time you say her name (which of course isn't her actual name) you dysfunctionally reward him.
It is easier said than done as you know how often the name gets dropped no matter what the topic of conversation. You will find we have said all of what you are saying here regarding stalking behaviours. One thing that would be great if you cleared up as someone who is/ was a friend of hers. At any time did she consider reepbot a friend? Or is this whole past friendship something imagined?

It is easier said than done as you know how often the name gets dropped no matter what the topic of conversation. You will find we have said all of what you are saying here regarding stalking behaviours. One thing that would be great if you cleared up as someone who is/ was a friend of hers. At any time did she consider reepbot a friend? Or is this whole past friendship something imagined?

The friendship wasn't imagined.

Reactions: Tee

It is actually quite easy to work and post here......I get bored drafting dry stuff....have this forum open whilst I work.....take a break, thinking, composing in head next bits for drafts.....come here, sip coffee...laugh...back to work
Drafting days are kind of dull, I need some silly respite, I know some posters take ages to compose stuff.....but lots of us write on the run & post....
It's like doodling, helps my brain somewho
I think/type all at once, and know not everyone does

Witty was clearly clever, and a good writer, I think he could post what he did half asleep if he wanted to

I can only give you my opinion.

Years ago Reepbot and Inigo seemed to strike up a friendship in a thread where they pretended to be a big brother housemates. In this thread a group of posters pretended to interact, and play out real life type interactions, for example one of the pretend online housemates would organise a pretend pizza, and together Reepbot and Inigo would pretend eat it. They would chat and play pretend truth dare double dare, tbh it was super awkward to read. Over the weeks the familiarity of posting together 24/7 in the thread soon grew to contempt, and the faux friendship fizzled. However it never fizzled on Reepbot's part, and his infatuation was born. I think his online interaction with Inigo was the closest he had ever been to a girl.

From there Inigo seemed to hate him. Just do a Witty and type Inigo and Reepbot into your search and you will see. But at the same time, if Reepbot every stopped talking about Inigo or mentioning her, inigo would suddenly engage with him, usually on a negative level to continue the dysfunction. At one stage Inigo was absolutely beside herself with the level of stalking and contacted the Mods over it, but then in the next breath she would create a new identity primarily to single Reepbot out in order to interact with him. It is easily the strangest internet pairing I have ever seen!

But the short version, I don't think the friendship was imagined. I think Inigo did like and trust Reepbot and she told me herself that she once trusted him and confided in him. I am sure Reepbot's greatest regret is breaking that confidence and telling Witty her deepest secrets, only to have Witty throw her past in her face in public and on the board.

Fun times hey?

Witty was clearly clever, and a good writer, I think he could post what he did half asleep if he wanted to
You are so funny!

The greatest thing you had in common with Witty was his dislike for me and Mutley!

A common enemy certainly does make for strange bedfellows.

Back