Skip to main content

..Unique jobs / hobbies / sports / videos etc...

...here is something that I'm sure is going to take off like wildfire within the near future with kids especially... from this website...

http://9wows.com/next-step-wearable-computer/

Next Step Wearable Computer
July 14, 2012 at 11:02am | by Hernando

Hiromi Kiriki has creatively designed the Sony Nextep a computer constructed to be worn as a bracelet. This creative concept features a holographic projector (for screen), pull-out extra keyboard panels and social networking compatibility.

sony.jpg

sony1-800x621.jpg

sony2-800x603.jpg

...just imagine how much they will cost... I did noticed that in the first images the computer is curved and moulded to the shape to go around the wrist but when laid out it is laying flat... would it be flexible too I wonder?... cheers.

...I thought that this was a pretty smecky video... check it out... cheers.

[video=youtube;Dxy4n0UT82o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxy4n0UT82o[/video]

...lolol!... back at you my dear sister... it's about time that you joined in the fun here in the 'Rabbits Ears' instead of just the 'Photoshop' thread... cheers.

...I found that the way some people are re-cycling old tyres by turning them into artistic sculptures to be quite inspirational in the least... get a load of these... cheers.

Tire-Sculpture-Bear.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Bull.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Cat.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Lion.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Rhino.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Shark.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Wild-Boar.jpeg

Tire-Sculpture-Zebra.jpeg

...hi all... I need to ask a question to anybody that might know the answer to about something that has happened at my own home... I figure that this is probably the only place that I can really put it to ask...

...we have a bucket outside the house to catch the water from one of our air conditioners so that it doesn't just dribble everywhere and we use it to water pot plants around the house when it if full... inside the bucket is a half brick... when I walked outside this morning to empty it I saw something that I couldn't believe that I was looking at... there was a perfect outline of the brick plus the holes of the brick floating on the surface all in small bubbles!... here are the photos of the bucket and you can clearly see the brick in the bottom and you can clearly see the outline of it in bubbles on the surface of the water...

DSC09077.JPG

DSC09078.JPG

DSC09079.JPG

DSC09080.JPG

DSC09081.JPG

DSC09082.JPG

DSC09083.JPG

...I can assure you that I haven't Photoshopped any of the images at all... I am so bewildered on just what causes this to happen... if anybody knows what is going on with this could you please explain to me what is causing it... I was going to Google it but where would I start?... lol!... cheers.

That's pretty cool Sticky! I'm not a scientist (well, not a science that would us out here at least) so I don't know. Dr Karl would have an explanation, you should reach out to him!

That's pretty cool Sticky! I'm not a scientist (well, not a science that would us out here at least) so I don't know. Dr Karl would have an explanation, you should reach out to him!

...haha!... you may be right jessy_girl... I can't find anything on the Internet that remotely resembles it... I may have no other choice by the looks of it... cheers.

Sorry Sticky. I can't help either. What an interesting phenomenon.

All I can think of is some kind of fermentation?

...I guess that the water is distilled being that it came from the air conditioner... perhaps some sort of fermentation could be the cause?...

...I was thinking that perhaps there might be some lime or salt deposits or something in the brick that is causing it?... I've never seen anything like it before... I've tried every angle that I can think of to try and get an answer on Google but there's nothing there that comes close to answering it... I'm baffled... cheers.

Last edited:
...the added extra WTF? value is that the round circle of bubbles around the brick outline was the exact same dimension as the bottom of the bucket that it is in... what gets me too is that the 2 holes on the left of the brick are blocked by cement from when it was part of a wall... there are no holes on the surface because of where they are blocked... as you can see the half round holes where the brick was broken in half are quite prominent... weird eh?...

...one more snippet of information... when I went to empty the bucket onto the pot plants... (after I took the photos for proof of course)... I couldn't resist dipping the point of my finger into one of the 'bubble brick holes' in the formation and when I did the whole thing popped away into nothing within a few seconds!... (I felt like that I just 'killed it' sort of thing lol!)... a very strange phenomena indeed... I'm just glad that my sweet wife was there to see it as further proof and I'm glad that I had enough intelligence to take the photos in the first place lolol!...

...if it happens again when the bucket gets full I'll take some other photos and post them here just like this time... has anybody else had weird stuff like this happen before?... just curious... cheers.

...I guess that the water is distilled being that it came from the air conditioner... perhaps some sort of fermentation could be the cause?...

...I was thinking that perhaps there might be some lime or salt deposits or something in the brick that is causing it?... I've never seen anything like it before... I've tried every angle that I can think of to try and get an answer on Google but there's nothing there that comes close to answering it... I'm baffled... cheers.

I'm thinking it could be precipitation of carbon dioxide. Could form tiny bubbles on the edges of the brick where it is rough and has nucleation sites (impurities which kind of catalyse reactions such as forming of crystals or bubbles). And then if conditions are calm and the water is quiescent (still) the bubbles detach and rise to the surface. Maybe??

Not sure of the chemistry of a fired brick, but the brick could also be contributing some chemistry as well as the nucleation (physical) sites for bubbles to form.

...wow Mooseface... I've been away for quite a while and have just checked back into my thread... the way that you have described an answer to the bubbles from the brick sounds so plausible!... thanks for your explanation... this hasn't happened since I posted this a while back... perhaps the conditions for it to happen again will not happen again... who knows eh?... cheers.

...'Google Eye' is in the process of being released in the USA at the moment... many people are screaming about the invasion of privacy that will be happening if someone that is wearing them taps 'record' on their glasses without your prior knowledge of it etc etc... some are saying that it will cause accidents in cars if people are watching their 'Twitter' account or something similar whilst driving... here they are...

eye.jpgeye 2.jpg Google-Glass.jpg

...I have to imagine that there are some good uses in wearing these glasses but I can honestly say that for me personally I would probably never wear them in my everyday life as it is... they say that you could use them for navigation reasons etc... but I'd rather see the maps on a 'Navman' or 'Garmin' etc that is sitting on or within my car dashboard or windscreen whatever the case may be rather than a tiny teensey weensey screen in the upper corner of my eye...

...when I go out somewhere the last thing that I'd want to do is to be connected to a computer full time... for any reason whatsoever... I think that it would be the height of rudeness if you're having a conversation with someone while having your eye flicking to the upper corner of your eye every few minutes or so... here is a demonstration of it...

...will any of you be buying a pair of these when they hit Australia?... if so... what would you be using it for in regards to your everyday life?... mainly for directional maps?... checking your 'FaceBook' or 'Twitter' accounts?.... a guy in this video gives some uses for them...

...if you are secretly recorded doing something wrong and it's posted on 'YouTube' or 'Facebook' or somewhere ... what are you able to do about it?... I guess the privacy issues will be a big problem for people wearing them eventually... oh well... we'll have to wait and see I guess?... again I ask... will anyone here be buying them?... cheers.

...my god the Japanese are such inventive people... their solution to parking bicycles is just simply amazing... cheers.

...as you are about to see a very artistic photographer uses nude bodies to create artistic landscapes... from this website...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/carl-warner_n_3682927.html

...I find this type of imagination to be sheer brilliance... I'm not too sure everyone would though... here is the article direct from the above link... enjoy... cheers.

Bodyscapes: Photographer Creates Surreal Landscapes Using Contorted Nude Bodies

Photographer Carl Warner has a genuine appreciation for the human body. So much so that he's created some rather bizarre -- albeit very surreal -- landscapes that turn torsos and appendages into desert terrains and rolling hills.

o-VALLY-OF-WOMEN-570.jpg

Warner describes his series, appropriately titled "Bodyscapes," as “an alternative portrait of a human being whose body becomes a landscape of themselves, and plays on the sense of space in which we dwell.” Regardless of whether his end result is more fetish than fine art, we have to admit he's accomplished his goal.
Scroll through Warner’s bodyscapes below, and get lost in his valleys of elbows, knee pits and navels below. Do these strange optical illusions change the way you look at skin? Or do the nude scenes leave you nonplussed?

o-CUT-THROAT-VALLEY-570.jpg

Cut Throat Valley

o-DESERT-OF-BACKS-570.jpg

Valley of Backs

o-SLEEPING-MEN-570.jpg

Desert of Sleeping Men

o-ELBOW-POINT-570.jpg

Elbow Point

o-FINGERS-CAVE-570.jpg

Fingers Cave

o-HEADLESS-HORIZON-570.jpg

Headless Horizon