Skip to main content

..Unique jobs / hobbies / sports / videos etc...

2015-10-02_15-25-20.jpg

...just a little piece of trivial trivia for you all... does anyone realise that Marty McFly from Back to the Future 2 will be travelling from the 12th November 1955 to us here this year on the 21st October 2015?...

maxresdefault.jpg

...and yes... it is the anniversary 30th Anniversary date of the of the original movie's release!... (do you feel old now?)... lol!... I love these three movies that make up the Trilogy... the only thing is... what happened to all the flying cars and Hoverboards that we are all supposed to have by now?... :(... I was looking forward to having my first flying car by now!... :bawling::arghh::(:sorry:...

futurehillvalley-590x330.jpg

1441939526958.jpg

...oh well... I may just live long enough to own one or the other one day I guess lol!... it just goes to show how Hollywood imagines just how fast our technology will jump in leaps and bounds when in fact it doesn't eh?... I remember that we were supposed to have massive space stations like these below according to '2001 A Space Odyssey' which was made by Stanley Kubrick back in 1968...

space-odyssey-discovery-one.gif 2001-a-space-odyssey.jpg

...even back in 1969 I remember when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the Moon and that NASA said that Man would colonise Mars by the 1980's!... to quote Wikipedia...

Following the success of the Apollo Program, von Braun advocated a manned mission to Mars as a focus for NASA's manned space program.Von Braun's proposal used Saturn V boosters to launch nuclear-powered (NERVA) upper stages that would power two six-crew spacecraft on a dual mission in the early 1980s. The proposal was considered by (then president) Richard Nixon but passed over in favor of the Space Shuttle.

Mars_Excursion_Module.jpg

...so it just goes to show that when people predict how advanced we will be in such-and-such years that you double that figure then subtract about 2 years and multiply by two and then that is more likely the real time that we will get these things methinks!... lol!... there is such a difference between dreams and actual reality isn't there?... well... I wonder when we'll ever into exploring Space... to 'boldly go where no man has been before'?... or when we will finally be able to travel in Time?... it won't be in our life times my friends lol!... anyhow... keep your eye out for Marty McFly eh?... say 'hello' from me if you see him lol!... cheers.

1866idh1yrabujpg.jpg

...something that I never imagined that I would ever think about... what do tears look like?... in this rather oddball article some guy named Maurice Mikkers on this website below decided to photograph them and here are the results below in the full article... cheers.

...http://www.businessinsider.com.au/what-tears-look-like-under-a-microscope-2015-10...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 eye-opening photos of what tears look like under a microscope

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers
A collection of the extremely detailed tear shots that photographer Maurice Mikkers captured with the help of his microscope.

We all cry — some, admittedly, more than others. And while many of us think about why we cry, or what we happen to be crying about, we might not question what our actual tears contain.

Curious and creative photographer Maurice Mikkers did wonder about this, so he began “bottling up the emotion” — that is to say, his own tears, and those of his friends — and placed them under a microscope. The result was a series he called Imaginarium of Tears.

“Science says that every tear has a different viscosity and composition,” Mikkers told Business Insider. “All tears contain a variety of biological substances, including oils, antibodies and enzymes suspended in salt water.”

Scientifically, tears are divided into three different categories based on their origin: emotional, basal, and reflex.

Mikkers sought to examine tears from a number of subjects to see if they looked different depending on what caused them.

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers
A tear that was collected after looking into a fan for a few minutes.

To gather tears caused by an emotional reaction, Mikkers would give the subject space, requesting they collect the tear samples on their own.

For basal tears, subjects were instructed to keep their eyes open while looking into a large ventilator. This dried their eyes out and naturally produced tears.

And finally, for the reflex tears, participants performed tear-inducing activities, like chopping onions or eating hot peppers.

Without being able to control the humidity, temperature, and pressure for all of the tears photographed, Mikkers concluded that the origin of the tears didn’t really matter too much at all. Each tear had a different appearance, but there wasn’t much similarity between those in the same category.

“It’s hard to say if the physiology described in science is actually seen when a tear is crystallizing under a microscope, or if the emotional waves and state of the person is influencing the way the tear is shaping when crystallizing,” Mikkers said.

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers
This tear was collected after cutting white onions, putting pepper in the eyes, snorting water and eating a red pepper.

Just like a scientist, he keeps track of his findings with immense care and detailed notes. Mikkers documented his findings through the third lens of his trinocular microscope, where he was able to place his Canon 5D Mark II camera to document the phenomena with incredible detail.

The whole project stemmed from a desire to investigate the parts of our lives we don’t usually question.

“It’s like magic waiting to happen,” Mikkers said of photographing tears, adding that he was surprised to see what his own tear looked like. “I never know what new kinds of structures will be forming when crystallizing a tear, whether it’s from a new person or not. There will always be a new unique shape presented.”

Below are a selection of photos that display how his friends’ tears were affected based on what caused the reaction.

Reflex tears: After cutting white onions.

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

Psychic tears: After an emotional response.
image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

Reflex tear: After crying from high-dosed menthol oil on eyelid.
image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

Basal tear: After looking into a ventilator
image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

Basal tear: After looking into a ventilator and smiling.
image.jpg

Maurice Mikkers

...hmmmm!... no Marty McFly to be seen... he was supposed to show up today!... hmph!... typical!... cheers.

You may like this video Sticky:

...hahaha!... sorry jessy_girl... I've only just noticed that you posted this... that's hilarious... I love it when Jimmy Kimmel asks Doc as to what happened to the flying cars and hoverboards that we were supposed to have by now that Doc finds a way out of those predictions by saying... "great scott Marty!... we've strayed into an alternate universe!"... haha!... a great face save right there folks!... thanks for posting that jess... it made my day!... cheers.

...hahaha!... sorry jessy_girl... I've only just noticed that you posted this... that's hilarious... I love it when Jimmy Kimmel asks Doc as to what happened to the flying cars and hoverboards that we were supposed to have by now that Doc finds a way out of those predictions by saying... "great scott Marty!... we've strayed into an alternate universe!"... haha!... a great face save right there folks!... thanks for posting that jess... it made my day!... cheers.

Haha yeah pretty cool hey, I thought it was quite well done.

It's weird because Doc seemed so old in the movies and now he's actually like really old, and it's sad because poor Michael J Fox really is not well, but I guess everyone mostly has the image of fresh faced Marty McFly which was obviously a long time ago, but his Parkinson's has taken its toll a lot which is sad to see.

1.jpg

...do you know what these images are of?... I would be quite amazed if anyone knew what they were without reading the rest of this post to be honest... sometimes I see images and videos etc that just amaze me as to what nature can produce... in particular... ants!... these are aluminium castings of 'Fire Ants' nests... that's right... people pour molten aluminium down the entrance to ant hills until it is completely full and then wait until it cools down and sets... they then dig it up and hose it down and then sell it (for a hefty sum I imagine)... as 'Art Sculptures!'... the ingenuity of some people simply amazes me lol!...

...here are a couple of videos showing this clever process...

...to see more images and videos click onto this link... http://www.anthillart.com/ ...

...for the link to all the videos of the pourings click onto this link... https://www.youtube.com/user/anthillart/videos ...

...the things that some people think of to do sometimes astounds me... to be able to make money from it just blows me away completely lol!... cheers.

Back