Skip to main content

Twin Peaks

MADONNA

Scalp collector
372_900.jpg

Who else is boarding the hype train for 2016?

I saw it for the first time in 2011 or 2012... somebody was RAVING about it so I was like, okay, I'll check this old-ass tv show out.

Pilot had me hooked, amazing show.

Just bear in mine that the second half of Season 2 is absolutely TERRIBLE - basically everyone involved in the show agrees. Lynch was not involved in most of series 2 as he was working on other projects.

BUT! The last 2 episodes of Season 2 are probably some of the best television I have EVER seen.

There is also a really good mini feature called Fire Walk With Me that you should watch after season 2, deals DIRECTLY with the story and is something of a prequel.

I saw it for the first time in 2011 or 2012... somebody was RAVING about it so I was like, okay, I'll check this old-ass tv show out.

Pilot had me hooked, amazing show.

Just bear in mine that the second half of Season 2 is absolutely TERRIBLE - basically everyone involved in the show agrees. Lynch was not involved in most of series 2 as he was working on other projects.

BUT! The last 2 episodes of Season 2 are probably some of the best television I have EVER seen.

There is also a really good mini feature called Fire Walk With Me that you should watch after season 2, deals DIRECTLY with the story and is something of a prequel.
:writing:

I've previously shared on this board that my favourite 2 shows of all time are Carnivale and Twin Peaks, put simply every other show pales in comparison IMHO. :pompus:

It's too bad that both shows peaked too soon and where unable to maintain the high standard that they set from the outset.

There were other extenuating circumstance (namely producers meddling with the script and creative direction of the show) that played a role in both shows being canceled but I think that at the end of the day your average joe tv viewer will never have the patience and willingness to sit down, appreciate and enjoy the attention to detail that storytelling of this caliber demands.

I am such a David Lynch fan, it's weird to me that I have never seem even a second of this. It seems equal parts hectic and awesome.
Be warned it does go downhill in the 2nd season because the suits put pressure on Lynch to reveal the 'big mystery' behind the series as they were of the opinion viewers wouldn't hang around if it wasn't resolved.

Well once the main mystery was let out the bag the show went up shit creek. Shows how much execs know, they should really stick to bean counting and leave the creative process to the artists. :pompus:

Back