Skip to main content

True Blood

Are you ever going to reply to one of my posts without twisting my words and using it as an excuse to chastise (troll) me? :confused:

I don't feel sorry for myself, I honestly don't know where you got that from. However this show needs to put its faithful fans out of our collective miseries, it is painful watching what it has been reduced to by incompetent muppet writers in charge of the script nowadays.

I agree with you. Not with this show because I don't care a lot, with the sentiment. Especially if you have grown to care about the characters. It was brutal watching the last 4 live action Superman films, because the writers/directors clearly didn't get it. Dexter's last four seasons were the same. I think it depends on how attached you are. If it was light viewing, who cares? If you loved it, its tough.

I agree with you. Not with this show because I don't care a lot, with the sentiment. Especially if you have grown to care about the characters. It was brutal watching the last 4 live action Superman films, because the writers/directors clearly didn't get it. Dexter's last four seasons were the same. I think it depends on how attached you are. If it was light viewing, who cares? If you loved it, its tough.
If I didn't care for this show I wouldn't still be sticking around after 7 years.

If it was light viewing, who cares?

For me I consider comedy/sitcoms to be lightviewing. TB might not deal with the dark matter of Breaking Bad/Dexter etc... but it was still a well written quality show albeit based around fantasy hence why I became a fan in the first place.

Reactions: Jam
If I didn't care for this show I wouldn't still be sticking around after 7 years

For me I consider comedy/sitcoms to be lightviewing. TB might not deal with the dark matter of Breaking Bad/Dexter etc... but it was still a well written quality show albeit based around fantasy hence why I became a fan in the first place

I have stuck with it, but I don't seem as annoyed as you are. I called it light because I don't feel the connection to the characters that I did with Breaking Bad, Deadwood or Superman. But where else can I see someone rip out a newscasters spine? I like it.

I have stuck with it, but I don't seem as annoyed as you are. I called it light because I don't feel the connection to the characters that I did with Breaking Bad, Deadwood or Superman. But where else can I see someone rip out a newscasters spine? I like it.
I've heard that a lot, people commenting that TB was a 'lighthearted' show and that there is very little difference in the tone of the show from Season 1 to the current final season (so they express bewilderment that there fans who are complaining) and to an extent I agree.

Where I strongly disagree is the standard, there's daylight between Season 1 and Season 7 in terms of quality writing. Whilst Season 1 was whimsical, fun and a coherent (i.e. continuities, attention to story arc detail etc...) well written show, Season 7 in stark contrast is nonsensical, boring and a complete utter mess, lighthearted show or not.

There's literally millions of *lighthearted programs made every year but you won't see wasting my time on them because their derivative and substandard thus not worth watching.

*Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, most CW shows etc..

Don't mean to offend but isn't the target demographic of CW teenyboppers and by that I mean mostly girls between the ages of 10 - 15. :tongue:
I've tried watching several CW shows and after 10 mins into them I've felt like I've lost half my brain cells, they're so darn freaking cheesy even when they're trying to 'edgy'. lol Like I said no offence. :wink:

I've heard that a lot, people commenting that TB was a 'lighthearted' show and that there is very little difference in the tone of the show from Season 1 to the current final season (so they express bewilderment that there fans who are complaining) and to an extent I agree.

Where I strongly disagree is the standard, there's daylight between Season 1 and Season 7 in terms of quality writing. Whilst Season 1 was whimsical, fun and a coherent (i.e. continuities, attention to story arc detail etc...) well written show, Season 7 in stark contrast is nonsensical, boring and a complete utter mess, lighthearted show or not.

There's literally millions of *lighthearted programs made every year but you won't see wasting my time on them because their derivative and substandard thus not worth watching.

*Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, most CW shows etc..

What do you mean you disagree? I never said the standard had not slipped a lot.

Smallville was that way on the CW. They were hit and miss on a lot of stuff, partly because they were looking for a certain demographic.

I have heard people say Arrow is good, but I have never seen it.

But you still getting something out of TB but I'm sure as hell am not, that's where we differ. I'm only persisting with it because I've invested too much on TB and wanna see how it ends, that's it.

Something tell me Sookeh will find a way to user her magical powers on him, manage to turn him human again and live happily ever after.

It was complete shit that the series finale didn't feature a single line from Lafayette yet we had that infomercial featuring a cameo by Charlaine Harris.

I think I know what you're talking about, that informerical for the Nu Blood cure. lol

You beat me to it before I remembered and re-edited this post. lol

She was the *ahem* rotund lady wasn't she?

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't in the same solar system as Breaking Bad's finale, but I have seen much worse. Dexter's series finale comes to mind.
You thought the BB finale was bad/average? You're in the minority then given that most people thought it was a masterpiece. Personally I thought it was alright, nothing special.

Last edited:
TB finale and the word 'good' don't belong in the same sentence hence my confusion. :p So I assumed that what SES was really saying was that BrB was also somewhat mediocre. It goes without saying that the final season of TB was atrociously dull and drawn out. This piece sums up my feelings on the final season of TB:

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/true-blood-thank-you-208490

It’s so, so, so, so silly, yes, but it’s biggest sin is that it’s boring. That’s the biggest sin of this entire final season, really: It was all just so boring. True Blood was often a structural mess, it often followed tertiary characters down long paths of nonsense that never really lead anywhere, it often seemed to have no idea what to do with the few strong main characters it had. But in its prime, it was never boring.

CW shows were better than what TB dished out for the final season and that's criminally embarrassing. :oops:

Back