Skip to main content

Travis Appreciation Thread

"I won't change my personality for anyone...' How insightful, and respecting of his fellow HMs - spoken like a true dolt!

"I won't change my personality for anyone...' How insightful, and respecting of his fellow HMs - spoken like a true dolt!
What's wrong with it?

I don't think he should change himself just because people don't like him.

And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's admirable considering all the flakes you get and ass kissers, just so they can get people to like you.

What's wrong with it?

I don't think he should change himself just because people don't like him.

And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's admirable considering all the flakes you get and ass kissers, just so they can get people to like you.

Nobody is asking him to change his personality (if he has one!) Maybe his attitude to others who may have a different world view to his.

You can be open to others or closed. His choice.

Nobody is asking him to change his personality (if he has one!) Maybe his attitude to others who may have a different world view to his.

You can be open to others or closed. His choice.
Again, context is needed.

I'll paraphrase what Travis said "Look, I'm not gonna change my personality just because of someone else's insecurities".

The way I interpreted this was that Travis doesn't believe David is a nuisance, he doesn't agree that the housemates are excluding him (this is proven when he has a chat to him in a later episode and says "look, I've got nothing against you, nothing you've said has affected me") and that he's not going to change himself just because David is a bit insecure about his standing in the house.

Which I think is fair.

I agree with what you said, but I don't think it's applicable to Travis, or at least to this situation.

OK, let's see how things evolve. But if someone is a bit insecure (Travis' description at least), you might make a bit of time to check in with them.

OK, let's see how things evolve. But if someone is a bit insecure (Travis' description at least), you might make a bit of time to check in with them.
But he did!!!

The one where people say he was giving shit advice (even though I thought it was alright).

Look, if David can change the tide... You never know. We might be liking Travis this time next week...

I think Travis was telling David what he (Travis) thought, rather than listening and exploring, but as I said we'll see what evolves.

If you ask me Travis was just making it about Travis instead of listening and trying to see where his HM was coming from. The guys a total tool.

If you ask me Travis was just making it about Travis instead of listening and trying to see where his HM was coming from. The guys a total tool.
How was he making it about Travis?

I mean, he gave advice as to what he would do, but isn't that how advice usually works?

And fair point, he's not listening and seeing where he is coming from, but then again, no one else has either (or given advice) for that matter.

How was he making it about Travis?

I mean, he gave advice as to what he would do, but isn't that how advice usually works?

And fair point, he's not listening and seeing where he is coming from, but then again, no one else has either (or given advice) for that matter.

Unfortunately, some people will never understand :rolleyes:

No, the best advice you could get is when the person let's you talk through what's going on, actively listens and reframes, so the person finds their own solution, and talks through their own issues.

Perhaps I am a person who just will never understand?

No, the best advice you could get is when the person let's you talk through what's going on, actively listens and reframes, so the person finds their own solution, and talks through their own issues.

I didn't say it was the best advice, I just said it was advice. How that makes Travis the bad guy, boggles my mind, and will await an explanation on that.

Said much more eloquently then myself!!! Well done!

Opinions and understandings are sometimes separable.
Such as in this case.

My opinion is I do understand it, maybe you don't or maybe none of us do. At least I don't attack someone for their opinion or understanding, I just voice my own.

My opinion is I do understand it, maybe you don't or maybe none of us do. At least I don't attack someone for their opinion or understanding, I just voice my own.

Honey, if you don't like what I say, put me on ignore or simply don't comment on what I write.
If you find it to be 'attacking' then I would have no idea why you would comment on a post like mine.
If I wasn't referring to you, I don't expect a response. Simple as that.

Well, your opinion doesn't really understand the situation and that's my opinion.

It also boggles my mind why people bring their 'negativity' into my appreciation thread.
If you want to talk crap somewhere, please post elsewhere. Thank you all for your co-operation.

Back