Skip to main content

Today I ........

When you're non-resident, you pay 37% tax with no tax-free threshold (although on a slight positive you pay no Medicare levy).

So, as my income has been from renting out my place in Sydney, after I deducted my costs (rates, strata levies, water and landlord insurance, ATO would then slug me 37% on whatever was left, it actually left me with less than half the rent my tenant had paid, for me to live on. That was effectively a 2% return on investment. Once I looked at it like that, I decided to sell. Offered it to my tenant, giving him a ballpark price (based on previous sales on the block), and said if he was interested to make me an offer. He jumped at the chance and made an offer I couldn't refuse, so we're both happy.

I figure if I can't get a 3% ROI or more in fully franked dividends there's something wrong with me. My short list of blue chips paid 6% last year (insert disclaimer about 'past performance' here). But I should be able to increase my budget by at least 50%, with the possibility of doubling or tripling it. I've been living on a shoelace shoe string budget for six years. Can't do it any more. Don't want to live in Australian again anyway.
Good for you. I didn't know about the 37% tax thingy.. that sux... & is worth considering if I ever decide to move OS... I think atm I might just do it part time & see how that goes for starters...

You do seem bored today timmy
Yeah, look at me oversharing lol. I usually don't go out much anyway, but it's even more frustrating knowing I can't. Although I have popped out a few times, masked up, and have taken particular care. Yes I am a terrible hypocrite.

Urggghhh - I broke my big toe. AND what a pain (literally & otherwise) that is.. I've tried to soldier on, but its just too painful - & living on a small farm there is plenty of jobs on my 'To Do List' and I find myself sitting in a recliner chair for days on end unable to do much.

I've had to restrict myself to dong only the imperative tasks like chopping firewood etc.. It got to high 20's in temp yesterday so I thought I could give the firewood a miss for the day :( as it felt so warm. The house interior ended up almost at 30o.. Well, that plummeted after dark. The cloudless skies were lovely to watch all those beautiful starts above & all the heat of the day went up to the stars as well... I ended up in bed at 8pm curled up with a hot water bottle as it was so cold - and this morning it is 11o C inside the house & I have to rug up until it the sun pops over the mountain at 8am and shines through the eastern windows to warm up the interior of the house...First job today - chop 2 days worth of firewood :biggrin:

(Ironically, I broke my toe - chopping fire wood) :rolleyes: :oops: :roflmao:

Oh damn @Thing that would suck. Hope your toe gets better soon. You can't call in some strapping young lad to help you out? And cut some wood too?

@Thing sorry to hear, being restricted does suck. Did they plaster or anything, or is it one of those things it has to heal naturally? I remember someone broke their finger and besides having some kind of contraption that keeps it straight, theeee was no plaster or the like because it would just heal. Just curious

Ignore Timmy and just sit back and relax 😂 a few days will become a few weeks and a few weeks becomes years of just pure sitting down. I’m totally down for that tbh

@Thing sorry to hear, being restricted does suck. Did they plaster or anything, or is it one of those things it has to heal naturally? I remember someone broke their finger and besides having some kind of contraption that keeps it straight, theeee was no plaster or the like because it would just heal. Just curious

Ignore Timmy and just sit back and relax 😂 a few days will become a few weeks and a few weeks becomes years of just pure sitting down. I’m totally down for that tbh
The bone broke in 3 places, almost shattered I suppose - as a large log rolled onto it so it sort of got crushed a bit :(
They couldn't plaster it & I've been using a natural remedy made for me by a local indigenous lady who lives nearby. She has a Comfrey plant and when ground up into a paste you apply it to the toe then wrap it in a bandage - the Comfrey is supposed to help set the break and heal it quicker. It feels good when its on, so here's hoping :cool:

I've been doing indoors things like painting, stuff I can do just by wearing socks. I tried yesterday to pop on a shoe and do stuff - nup - too painful, so socks it is... My neighbours took my trailer to the local saw mill and filled it up with off cuts for me to use for fire wood.. I have 4-5 months of food, so I don't need to leave my farm for a while...

Timmy & me have similar interests :roflmao:

The bone broke in 3 places, almost shattered I suppose - as a large log rolled onto it so it sort of got crushed a bit :(
They couldn't plaster it & I've been using a natural remedy made for me by a local indigenous lady who lives nearby. She has a Comfrey plant and when ground up into a paste you apply it to the toe then wrap it in a bandage - the Comfrey is supposed to help set the break and heal it quicker. It feels good when its on, so here's hoping :cool:

I've been doing indoors things like painting, stuff I can do just by wearing socks. I tried yesterday to pop on a shoe and do stuff - nup - too painful, so socks it is... My neighbours took my trailer to the local saw mill and filled it up with off cuts for me to use for fire wood.. I have 4-5 months of food, so I don't need to leave my farm for a while...

Timmy & me have similar interests :roflmao:
Oh shoot! Sounds painful, so that’s amazing you can still move about. I would find any excuse to just watch shows 😂 I like the sound of this comfrey plant and glad it’s helping.

Well Timmy is a very interesting person 😉

…I was with my Physio in the heated saltwater hydro pool today as part of my rehabilitation… there were about 6 pensioners in the pool with us… we were in deep end and I accidentally lost grip of the safety rail and slipped under the water for a split second and swallowed some of the water… my Physio asked if I was okay?… I told her that I swallowed some of the water…

…she said “what did it taste like?”…

…I said “the water was really salty with a hint of old people pee… it was brewed about 10 minutes ago so it’s a good vintage”…

…she was cracked up for about 2 minutes solid… I didn’t mind because she was putting me through a tough routine at the time and I appreciated the rest lol!… cheers.

…I was with my Physio in the heated saltwater hydro pool today as part of my rehabilitation… there were about 6 pensioners in the pool with us… we were in deep end and I accidentally lost grip of the safety rail and slipped under the water for a split second and swallowed some of the water… my Physio asked if I was okay?… I told her that I swallowed some of the water…

…she said “what did it taste like?”…

…I said “the water was really salty with a hint of old people pee… it was brewed about 10 minutes ago so it’s a good vintage”…

…she was cracked up for about 2 minutes solid… I didn’t mind because she was putting me through a tough routine at the time and I appreciated the rest lol!… cheers.
Eeeew, but good on you Sticky. Keep up the good work, with the great sense of humour!
That humour of yours will get you through anything! 🍻🥂🍻

Humour is the only thing that keeps me going. I can laugh at pretty much anything. The absurdities of life, stupid shit I do or have done, Seinfeld/Frasier/Star Trek references for every occasion, I can take the piss out of almost anything (especially BB on Seven, you may have noticed).

When I was in Primmer 3 in school, my teacher wrote in my report (and I can prove it as I still have this): [Timmy] seems content to crack silly jokes and play in class. Tell me if I'm wrong but I think personalities are set pretty early in life.

I bet Sticky was exactly the same.

Oh shoot! Sounds painful, so that’s amazing you can still move about. I would find any excuse to just watch shows 😂 I like the sound of this comfrey plant and glad it’s helping.

Well Timmy is a very interesting person 😉
That comfrey is amazing stuff.. I ground up the leaf & root in a mortar & pestle ... then applied the paste onto my toe for 6 days.. When I took it off the nail fell off but the toe feels like nothing has happened.. I am able to wear a shoe again & walk around normally :oops: 😍

Natural remedies always freak me out, how can a plant do so much? So many bizarre things in this world :cool:

That comfrey is amazing stuff.. I ground up the leaf & root in a mortar & pestle ... then applied the paste onto my toe for 6 days.. When I took it off the nail fell off but the toe feels like nothing has happened.. I am able to wear a shoe again & walk around normally :oops: 😍

Natural remedies always freak me out, how can a plant do so much? So many bizarre things in this world :cool:
That’s great news! I think your attitude helps too.

Many things are still undiscovered and some know more than others. The indigenous communities were here and survived the land thousand of years before coloniasation happened so I’m sure they know a thing or two. I still use all my grandmothers quirky ideas to this day and they work a treat.

Humour is the only thing that keeps me going. I can laugh at pretty much anything. The absurdities of life, stupid shit I do or have done, Seinfeld/Frasier/Star Trek references for every occasion, I can take the piss out of almost anything (especially BB on Seven, you may have noticed).

When I was in Primmer 3 in school, my teacher wrote in my report (and I can prove it as I still have this): [Timmy] seems content to crack silly jokes and play in class. Tell me if I'm wrong but I think personalities are set pretty early in life.

I bet Sticky was exactly the same.
You and mr s together in a class would have been the teachers dream 😂

Back