Skip to main content

Today I ........

I had surgery on it.., I’ve got screws and a plate holding it all together now so I hope they did a good job
Does this mean you'll be setting off the metal detectors at the airport - when we're all allowed to travel again!

I had surgery on it.., I’ve got screws and a plate holding it all together now so I hope they did a good job

How's going today? hope it's healing & the pain is less intense. Holy fuck that musta hurt!! x

How's going today? hope it's healing & the pain is less intense. Holy fuck that musta hurt!! x

I’m feeling much better every day. I have some more mobility than I initially had. I was in so much shock and I had morphine as soon as I got in the ambulance that I really don’t remember a lot of the pain. Picking myself up off the pavement was the worst I remember of it all.

I’m feeling much better every day. I have some more mobility than I initially had. I was in so much shock and I had morphine as soon as I got in the ambulance that I really don’t remember a lot of the pain. Picking myself up off the pavement was the worst I remember of it all.
I hope you have a friend to, er, give you a hand if you need it 😁

That sounds horrible mate, i'm glad to hear your getting better each day. :)

Back in 2007 I was stepping out the front door and I didn't see but someone left shoes at the front step with a large rear heel on them. Anyway I stepped out the front door not looking down and my right foot stepped on the heel and then all I remember was my right foot twisting around and I pretty much fell pretty hard with all my weight on that right foot. It was quite painful but I thought that it's probably just an ankle sprain and it might be better the next day.

I really couldn't sleep that night I was in so much pain then I was starting to think maybe this is more than just a strain on the ankle. The next morning my right foot and toes had swollen alot maybe over 1 inch? Also the skin colour on my foot sort of went a dark bruised colour. I thought I'd better go to the local doctor straight away and get it looked at. Anyway I went to the doctor and he sent me straight away to get x-rayed that morning. I had fractured the outer bone on my right foot when it twisted around and I fell on it. Doctor said you are lucky you didn't also break your ankle when it happened.

Luckily I was told to just bandage it up and keep the weight off it for around 6 to 8 weeks for the bone to heal. I got crutches to walk around in but I found it too hard to walk with them so I just gave up and sat around the house most of the time until it healed.

At first it was hard to drive the car I even had pain trying to press the accelerator pedal in the car. I probably shouldn't have been trying to drive at all while it was healing but as the days went on the pain was getting a little bit less each day. It's an automatic car so I was using my stronger left foot for braking in the car till my right foot healed enough to start putting some pressure on it again.

But it's no way near as bad as your arm mate having to have surgery on it and getting metal plates and screws installed. :(

It's great to hear that it's feeling better and you are recovering. Cheers and all the best mate! :)

That sounds horrible mate, i'm glad to hear your getting better each day. :)

Back in 2007 I was stepping out the front door and I didn't see but someone left shoes at the front step with a large rear heel on them. Anyway I stepped out the front door not looking down and my right foot stepped on the heel and then all I remember was my right foot twisting around and I pretty much fell pretty hard with all my weight on that right foot. It was quite painful but I thought that it's probably just an ankle sprain and it might be better the next day.

I really couldn't sleep that night I was in so much pain then I was starting to think maybe this is more than just a strain on the ankle. The next morning my right foot and toes had swollen alot maybe over 1 inch? Also the skin colour on my foot sort of went a dark bruised colour. I thought I'd better go to the local doctor straight away and get it looked at. Anyway I went to the doctor and he sent me straight away to get x-rayed that morning. I had fractured the outer bone on my right foot when it twisted around and I fell on it. Doctor said you are lucky you didn't also break your ankle when it happened.

Luckily I was told to just bandage it up and keep the weight off it for around 6 to 8 weeks for the bone to heal. I got crutches to walk around in but I found it too hard to walk with them so I just gave up and sat around the house most of the time until it healed.

At first it was hard to drive the car I even had pain trying to press the accelerator pedal in the car. I probably shouldn't have been trying to drive at all while it was healing but as the days went on the pain was getting a little bit less each day. It's an automatic car so I was using my stronger left foot for braking in the car till my right foot healed enough to start putting some pressure on it again.

But it's no way near as bad as your arm mate having to have surgery on it and getting metal plates and screws installed. :(

It's great to hear that it's feeling better and you are recovering. Cheers and all the best mate! :)

Brutal... I broke my leg a week before kindergarten! Honestly breaking my arm has sounded worse than it actually has been. I’m not in a cast and aside from still having 3 sets of stitches from the surgery and no weight bearing I’m fine. I’ve taken time off work as well which makes this a much easier process.

Brutal... I broke my leg a week before kindergarten! Honestly breaking my arm has sounded worse than it actually has been. I’m not in a cast and aside from still having 3 sets of stitches from the surgery and no weight bearing I’m fine. I’ve taken time off work as well which makes this a much easier process.

Ouch! a broken leg when so young! :(

I once worked with a bloke day in day out sort of heavy labouring lifting work who told me he had a plate and screws in one of his wrists. Honestly the way this guy worked you would never had known anything had been done to his wrist. I think he told me that his doctor said to try not to put too much excessive force on that wrist just in case. But he was doing the same heavy work as me all day long with no problems.

Stay safe and take care mate. :)

Cuteness alert.

Maye two years ago I met "Horse". He was a big old ginger tom cat, kinda mean looking really (which is why I named him Horse, a la Footrot Flats). Despite his looks, I did the slow-closing-eyes thing to him, and he did it right back to me, so he trusted me straight away... and always has, even after I got him neutered 😁 Anyway...

Today I stopped by, and one of the monks said there were two kittens upstairs. I went upstairs and saw the most adorable thing. Horse is curled up in a cardboard box, cuddling and protecting two ginger/white kittehs. There's no denying it: he has adopted them. They even match him lol.

Untitled-1.jpg

Today I realized that when I got up yesterday morning, I clearly wasn't thinking.
We did our usual Sunday morning things and by mid-day I glanced at my laptop which I keep at my end of the sofa and when I saw it said 12 mid-day, did a double take! Oh no, what's happened to my laptop!
The time on the oven, and a clock I have said 11. I said to my partner, we must have had a powercut, and the battery in the clock must have stopped working, strangely at the same time! Immediately I looked heavenwards, as since my dad's passing and my partners best mates passing, we have had a few strange messages and happenings around the house.
Anyway, oven reset, new battery in clock we carried on with our day. I was only just pleased my laptop hadn't gone crazy and raced ahead of time. (dur!)
It wasn't until this morning when the alarm went off when I thought, why's it so dark? I looked out the window thinking it was maybe raining, when it hit me - October! The clocks went back!
I cannot believe we hadn't realized for the whole day! Gone are the days of having to scramble around and change the clocks physically as our phones and computers had automatically done it. *shakes head in disbelief*

Back