Skip to main content

Tina Arena Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funky Facts about Tina Arena:

* Tina is the middle of two sisters, Nancy and Silvana

* She didn't speak English until she was five!

*She was the youngest ever member of TV's Young Talent Time.

* She came from humble beginnings. Her parents were immigrants, they came to the country with no money, and without a concept of the language. Her mother always told Tina that you must always believe in your dream, and you must follow that dream!

Tina Arena reveals what she wants for this Christmas and it’s something money can’t buy
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • DECEMBER 11, 2014 3:54PM

315022-e1e768bc-8104-11e4-b46f-9c83699de370.jpg

Tina Arena performing in David Jones yesterday. Picture: Mitch Cameron

FOR Tina Arena, the festive season is a time to be grateful for the small things in life and to be present.

Instead of focusing on what presents to give this Christmas, the Australian singer is hoping to pay more attention to “living in the moment” and “getting back to reality”.

“I think we have more gifts than we know what to do with,” Arena told Confidential.

“For me Christmas is really about spending time with and being present for your friends and family.

“It is not about materialistic things.”

313385-e3d4397a-8104-11e4-b46f-9c83699de370.jpg

Tina Arena at David Jones yesterday. Picture: Mitch Cameron

313411-e0ca161e-8104-11e4-b46f-9c83699de370.jpg

Tina Arena at David Jones yesterday. Picture: Mitch Cameron

This is a sentiment she shares with her nine-year-old son, Gabriel Mancini.

“It is about giving back and treating people the way you want to be treated,” she said.

“It is about looking around you and going, it is okay, things are okay.

313439-d593bf98-8104-11e4-b46f-9c83699de370.jpg

Crowds watch on at Tina Arenas performance in David Jones. Picture: Mitch Cameron

“Christmas and New Year’s is about improving your lives and helping others improve their lives if they need that help. That is what is important for us as a family.”

David Jones has recently collaborated with Arena to record ‘The Things We Do For

Love’ which features in the department store’s 2014 Christmas campaign.

315128-d81292ee-8104-11e4-b46f-9c83699de370.jpg

Emma Freedman and Tina Arena with Douglas Luck and Hillary Turnbull. Picture: Mitch Cameron

She was on hand in David Jones’ Elizabeth St store yesterday to perform two songs alongside the iconic piano located on the Ground Floor.

“I really love the simplicity of the campaign and I love the fact that it focused on important things - family and values.”

315491-d6ba350a-8104-11e4-b46f-9c83699de370.jpg

Douglas Luck proposes to his girlfriend Hillary Turnbull following Tina Arenas performance. Picture: Mitch Cameron

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...153315180?nk=e7d6c2440f7348b82bd7167bd4bb6e88

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/press-council-adjudication/story-fni0cx12-1227152981507

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/bu...le-dip-recession/story-fnkjjoum-1227153379672

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...om-adelaide-oval/story-fni2fnmo-1227153406467

Tina Arena is awesome, but everyone already knows that. Her songs are works of art, and her vocal talents are extraordinary. We all should be honoured to know such a great artist and world icon like Tina Arena. But when I think of Tina Arena, I think of her like a dragon. Like a majestic dragon that soars throughout the moutainous passages and dark forest of Waedredrt. Because her voice, so srong yet tender, so loud yet quiet, so heartbreaking yet joyful, will warm your soul and send chills up your spine like the flames of a dragon. For me, Tina Arena makes me feel, she makes me think, and she makes me listen. Tina Arena has a voice that will live throughout genrerations, she has a voice that can move your soul and take you to places you have never imagined, she can make you re-awake old emotions, and she can satisfy a void in your life. She is influential like a dragon. Her skin is tough from all the harsh criticism from a public that does not and cares not to understand her or her wonderful talents. But it is easy to hate, and even easier to criticise. But I know that to me Tina Arena is wonderful, she is fantastic, and she has helped me feel something, I'm not sure what it is yet, but I can tell it is something.

Little known facts about Tina Arena:

- In a effort to replicate John Farnham's smash hit 'Sadie, The Cleaning Lady,' she wrote a follow-up: 'Tina, The Window Cleaner.' The song thus far remains unreleased.

- She hold the Guinness World Record for 'Most Melodic Farts Ever' (as of 2013).

- She refers to her son Gabriel's penis as the "Arena Weiner."

- Between Young Talent Time and her successful solo career, she worked part-time as a serial killer (though she soon quit as the pay was lousy and no company car was provided).

- In the early 1990s, after a lucrative sponsorship offer from Holden, she briefly considered changing her name to Tina Barina.

Awesome performance by world icon and vocal powerhouse Tina Arena at the cricket world cup opening ceremony! Brought a touch of class to proceedings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back