ICON

00600f683bb50b846c2461c1d76f3344_large.jpeg

OF

maxresdefault.jpg

THE

maxresdefault.jpg

WORLD!

Great singer? Fer sure.

Australia's greatest singer ever? A world icon? Might be pushing it a bit.

I'd sure like to give my own special performance at Tina's Arena...

:inlove:

I think she's a better singer than John Farnham. But that's just my personal opinion.

She was voted the third greatest Australian singer of all time, with her being the highest placed female singer.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...gers-of-all-time/story-e6frfn09-1226610374225

She has a net worth of 245 million dollars.

She was the first solo female arist to win the ARIA award for best album with Don't Ask.

Tina has won six ARIA awards.

She has sold over ten mllion records worldwide.

Yet she hasn't been inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.

I think she's a better singer than John Farnham. But that's just my personal opinion.

She was voted the third greatest Australian singer of all time, with her being the highest placed female singer.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...gers-of-all-time/story-e6frfn09-1226610374225

She has a net worth of 245 million dollars.

She was the first solo female arist to win the ARIA award for best album with Don't Ask.

Tina has won six ARIA awards.

She has sold over ten mllion records worldwide.

Yet she hasn't been inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.

God, I'm surprised about the Aria HoF; she definitely deserves that.

Yeah, she's had more success than most Aussies (but not as much as some). I know it's terrible to judge an artist by this, but she never really cracked America did she? (though I know she was enormously successful in Europe).

She is technically a very good singer; I guess I just don't like her songs that much.

I know it's a subjective thing, but personally I would rate Michael Hutchence, Colin Hay, Suze De Marchi, Dale Ryder and Daniel Johns as better singers.

But then I love their songs, and that is a big factor (and makes me a bit bias).

Reactions: kxk
God, I'm surprised about the Aria HoF; she definitely deserves that.

Yeah, she's had more success than most Aussies (but not as much as some). I know it's terrible to judge an artist by this, but she never really cracked America did she? (though I know she was enormously successful in Europe).

She is technically a very good singer; I guess I just don't like her songs that much.

I know it's a subjective thing, but personally I would rate Michael Hutchence, Colin Hay, Suze De Marchi, Dale Ryder and Daniel Johns as better singers.

But then I love their songs, and that is a big factor (and makes me a bit bias).

No, she never really has cracked America. But then again there are some great Australian artists that have never found much success in the USA.

She has made a few French songs. I think she has sold like 2.2 million singles and 1.3 million albums in France.

You are right, rating singing is a subjective task as it would be boring if we all liked the same singers. I think I like Tina singing because when she sings it makes me feel.

Davids' gone and the pickings are slim. So I'm changing my alliance to Tina Arena. She's even got a better voice than the vocally talented Lina. #savetina

I wonder if she could go in as an intruder on Tuesday and win it on Wednesday? #Tinaftw

I am a fan of Tina as a person, she's built a wonderful life for herself, but I’m not into her music … just a taste thing.

My favourite story about her was when she went on Elle McFeast’s show in the ‘90s and a very drunk Chopper Read was a guest (which was a scandal at the time and may have been the cause of Elle's TV demise). He said how they were comparing notes backstage about their gangster connections, which I don’t think Tina appreciated, but it was pretty funny.

Here’s an excerpt from one of his books, from Google Books:

Of course Elle and the entire TV crew claimed not to have known how much I had drunk. Bullshit. I had drunkenly annoyed half the female staff in the place. I even draped a drunken arm around Tina Arena as I sucked on a can of beer and joked with her about the death of Alphonse. Tina is a little Sicilian girl from the western suburbs of Melbourne. She’s met more gangsters than I have.​

Not the sort of info Tina would want in the public arena (pun intended), but she's cool enough to cope. Still funny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back