Skip to main content

Tim the psychopath - his tricks, and Ed

Poxy

Here's a brief intro to how Tim's (and psychopaths) minds works.
(First of all he's closer to borderline traits than antisocial traits but thats another story)

Its all about control. In Tims' case, start calling people "idiots". If they don't respond and complain, just keep on taking it further and further. Start abusing them to their face etc and wear them down and create chaos. In the end Tim can call anybody anything he wants and people are too warn down to react. If they complain, twist twist the story to make out you are the victim. That is, the victimiser pretends to be the victim. In the end you control people by wearing them down and "gaslighting".

This is what Ed is trying to point out in his unsophisticated way. As soon as Ed & Tim talk about Tim's behaviour, Tim sees this as a perfect time to play victim again and try to confuse the audience & add more chaos.

The manipulator (Tim) will often brainwash followers into their own mini cult, and in this case the cult includes part of the TV audience. The followers seem oblivious to abuse & will follow their leader regardless, a sort of Stockholm syndrome.

The manipulator never admit to manipulating anything, and redirect everything back to the accuser.

Additional reading:
Malignant Narcissism http://www.drirene.com/catbox/index.php?showtopic=40676
Borderline Personality Disorder, family member perspective (is this how Ed is behaving?) http://www.bpdfamily.com/bpdresources/nk_a119.htm
Gaslighting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
Stockholm syndrome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

My background: Close relative with a personality disorder, I've dealt with these tricks for decades

Here's a brief intro to how Tim's (and psychopaths) minds works.
(First of all he's closer to borderline traits than antisocial traits but thats another story)

Its all about control. In Tims' case, start calling people "idiots". If they don't respond and complain, just keep on taking it further and further. Start abusing them to their face etc and wear them down and create chaos. In the end Tim can call anybody anything he wants and people are too warn down to react. If they complain, twist twist the story to make out you are the victim. That is, the victimiser pretends to be the victim.

This is what Ed is trying to point out in his unsophisticated way. As soon as Ed & Tim talk about Tim's behaviour, Tim sees this as a perfect time to play victim again and try to confuse the audience & add more chaos.

The manipulator (Tim) will often brainwash followers into their own mini cult, and in this case the cult includes part of the TV audience. The followers seem oblivious to abuse & will follow their leader regardless, a sort of Stockholm syndrome.

The manipulator never admit to manipulating anything, and redirect everything back to the accuser.

Additional reading:
Malignant Narcissism http://www.drirene.com/catbox/index.php?showtopic=40676
Borderline Personality Disorder, family member perspective (is this how Ed is behaving?) http://www.bpdfamily.com/bpdresources/nk_a119.htm
Stockholm syndrome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

My background: Close relative with a personality disorder, I've dealt with these tricks for decades

ED HAS A TERRIBLE TEMPER...hahaha..

Is he OP, Ed's brother Nick.

Last edited:
Tim = Ted Bundy
Sorry not seeing it.
Wonder if I'm a psychopath - I've called people idiots before.

Tim = Ted Bundy
Sorry not seeing it.
Wonder if I'm a psychopath - I've called people idiots before.

LOL. although most psychopaths are not serial killers and can hide and come across wonderful I really don't think there's a chance Tim is one. I wouldn't think he has that much narcissistic traits..let alone call him a malignant narcissist.

Tim has admitted he is Narcissistic, if he can't use you to better his cause I think he said ... your dead to me...laughing but kinda serious. He admits it. I am a Tim Cult follower, fully aware of his antics and I for one take my hat off to him for playing the game the way he has, BB has not provided any real good entertainment via tasks, Tim has done it all he is in his own little Freudian experiment.

Tim has admitted he is Narcissistic, if he can't use you to better his cause I think he said ... your dead to me...laughing but kinda serious. He admits it. I am a Tim Cult follower, fully aware of his antics and I for one take my hat off to him for playing the game the way he has, BB has not provided any real good entertainment via tasks, Tim has done it all he is in his own little Freudian experiment.

Some people do think they're narcissists when they're not...or they worry about being one when they're not. Him saying that means squat. And most real N's would try and hide it.

Hes not a psychopath..he probably has adhd and shows all the evidence of a person who needs constant stimulation but that us what makes him entertaining. His honesty is disarming in that he is honest he is playing the game. Far more disingenuous are the ones who are trying to say they arent playing a game.

Some people do think they're narcissists when they're not...or they worry about being one when they're not. Him saying that means squat. And most real N's would try and hide it.

He didn't say he had a personality disorder just that he exhibits some narcissistic traits. I think he is pretty switched on.

Hes not a psychopath..he probably has adhd and shows all the evidence of a person who needs constant stimulation but that us what makes him entertaining. His honesty is disarming in that he is honest he is playing the game. Far more disingenuous are the ones who are trying to say they arent playing a game.

Agreed!

Totally agree I think his openness with playing the game will actually get him over the line in the end versus those going on about trust and friendship.

I think you're giving Tim too much credit :S

But I'm pretty sure there's been a psychopath of some sort almost every year....according to the forums anyway

If Tim is the psychopath as you say , why is Ed the one making me feel uncomfortable?

Tim has been clear from the start that he wants to control the game and that he is proud to be a narcissist. And I love that. Self honesty is not a trait of a psychopath.

In the beginning of the season all housemates had to answer "who will you be threatened by the most". EVERYONE said that they would be threatened by somebody similar to them and had a likeable personality.

Except for Tim and Tahan who said "somebody who is better than me".

Back