Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

...okay... I have a dream... Channel 10 snaps up the rights to Big Brother and have Tim Dormer Produce it... he would most likely take the show back to it's grass roots and 'make it real' as it used to be... he would allow the Live feeds to run 24/7... there would be no more 'storylines'... the contestants would be the people that go through the actual process of auditioning the old fashioned way and none of them would have an Agent or be tied to an Agency either... there would be Unicorns and Rainbows and the birds would sing and... and... um... er... sorry about that I just went off into LaLah Land for a few seconds there peoples... right!... back to reality... again... sorry about that... just remember... dreams are free... I'll shut up now... cheers.
By his own admission Tim thinks of himself as a master manipulator - I think with him in charge he wouldn't be able to resist pulling the strings to get the outcome he wants.

In terms of "career" I think it is worth remembering very few Big Brother housemates, including winners, have any kind of TV career after the show and although Tim may have been a great personality as a housemate that may not translate to being a great presenter - and even if he was Channel 9 (or others) may not have a format which would actually suit him.

I also think it is worth remembering that Big Brother Canada is a game and not everything that a housemate said should be taken at face value. Although I suspect what Tim said in that clip is largely true he's also at that moment trying to sell himself as someone who can manipulate people into doing things they might not want to do, something which people he is seemingly alligned with might see as a reason to keep him around in the short term at least.

Ohhh, I love ethical stuff.

I had a look back on that thread you posted and I don't really think that digitalcorp should feel bad for what he posted. For one thing he was encouraged by other members here to post the full reply by Tim. I imagine the attention that he would have felt would have been intoxicating. Secondly, he did ask Tim's permission to post it. Thirdly, it was technically a pm rather than an email. I know and understand that when I send a pm here it may not stay private (i.e. might get reported and read by moderators.). Fourthly, I get the sense that they were trying to get rid of Tim anyway and the pm was just the excuse they needed. And lastly, i have noticed here that we tend to blend the public and personal lives of ex-housemates here. By that i mean we comment on their relationships and their careers. Therefore it can create an atmosphere of blurring what is private and what is public, especially in regards to private messages sent about the show.

So yeah i think ethically digital corp is in the clear in that regard.

Thank you, reepbot. I did not want to ruin Tim's budding media career, and I am thankful that he did not specifically out me. I didn't know Endemol and Nine followed this forum that closely.

@Benjamin2012HM was there when it happened. He can tell you more, and I think I'd like to share the spotlight with him. He claims he was there when Nine exec read the post.

This will all blow over by the end of the week (or sooner).

As much as I like Tim, it's not like he's some mega superstar actor and will be news in the gossip mags next week.

Next scandal.......:whistling:

Last edited:
I left a message on Tim's FB page. Well, that was interesting. Now, life goes on. Maybe he'll sneak into my house on his way home and put Vaseline on my toilet.

Hope he isn't too mad.

I left a message on Tim's FB page. Well, that was interesting. Now, life goes on. Maybe he'll sneak into my house on his way home and put Vaseline on my toilet.

Hope he isn't too mad.
Would I be wrong to say you didn't get the green light from Tim to post the email correspondence between yourselves?

Sorry if I am way off the mark but that's how I am interpreting your message above.

Would I be wrong to say you didn't get the green light from Tim to post the email correspondence between yourselves?

Sorry if I am way off the mark but that's how I am interpreting your message above.
The message was worded in a way that it was obvious he knew more than just one person would read it. Certain words referred to the reader using plurals, indicating multiple readers even though it went through as a PM to a single person.

The message was worded in a way that it was obvious he knew more than just one person would read it. Certain words referred to the reader using plurals, indicating multiple readers even though it went through as a PM to a single person.

Plus I would imagine Tim is savvy enough to realise that pertinent info passed over the internet to a Big Brother fan is not going to remain 100% confidential unless a specific arrangement is made to keep it quiet.

Plus I would imagine Tim is savvy enough to realise that pertinent info passed over the internet to a Big Brother fan is not going to remain 100% confidential unless a specific arrangement is made to keep it quiet.
It's just that Digitalcorp seems to be apologising for what he did so that makes me think it wasn't meant to be made public?

Well, he did use the term "guys", and he didn't tell me not to tell anyone. I just didn't think he'd get fired.

Well, he did use the term "guys", and he didn't tell me not to tell anyone. I just didn't think he'd get fired.
I don't think he's been fired from anything. He's done everything possible on 9 reality short of getting married. He would falsely believe he's a logical choice for I'm a celeb on 10, or the Irwin visit. That's all his options are and they aren't realistic, and weren't going to happen regardless.

And now he's currently a contestant on Big Brother Canada, which if it works out well, could lead to a career in North America (or at least Canada).

Ohhh, I love ethical stuff.

I had a look back on that thread you posted and I don't really think that digitalcorp should feel bad for what he posted. For one thing he was encouraged by other members here to post the full reply by Tim. I imagine the attention that he would have felt would have been intoxicating. Secondly, he did ask Tim's permission to post it. Thirdly, it was technically a pm rather than an email. I know and understand that when I send a pm here it may not stay private (i.e. might get reported and read by moderators.). Fourthly, I get the sense that they were trying to get rid of Tim anyway and the pm was just the excuse they needed. And lastly, i have noticed here that we tend to blend the public and personal lives of ex-housemates here. By that i mean we comment on their relationships and their careers. Therefore it can create an atmosphere of blurring what is private and what is public, especially in regards to private messages sent about the show.

So yeah i think ethically digital corp is in the clear in that regard.

I agree, I came to the same conclusion as you did after reading back over that thread. And I admit at the time I really wanted DC to post what Tim had written.

What is your evidence that Nine were trying to get rid of Tim?

Sorry @DigitalCorp for putting you on the spot, but this must be exciting for you! Look everyone is talking about what you did. There are multiple articles written (One by daily mail. Not sure if I should count that one). I hope Tim comes back here to have a read after BBCAN.

I agree, I came to the same conclusion as you did after reading back over that thread. And I admit at the time I really wanted DC to post what Tim had written.

What is your evidence that Nine were trying to get rid of Tim?

Sorry @DigitalCorp for putting you on the spot, but this must be exciting for you! Look everyone is talking about what you did. There are multiple articles written (One by daily mail. Not sure if I should count that one). I hope Tim comes back here to have a read after BBCAN.

I don't have any evidence as i am a humble poster here. I guess it was just an intuition thing combined with the fact that i think Tim's schtick had a short shelf life. I could be wrong though.

Back