Skip to main content

Tim’s game in 2022 - Was it even good?

I know Estelle & Reggie vote Gabbie.

Only 2 voted Brenton & 4 Gabbie.

I was adding to my previous reply quoting this, from the opening post of this thread:

He even let Reggie get rid of Gabbie who had solidly voted with the OGs from the beginning.

Shoulda tried harder to add it into my previous post... It got complicated!

In short: I just don't see how Tim can be held responsible for the bad voting choices of others, as well as his own.

Many of the hms said that they knew Tim was a threat, more so than most of the other OG’s but yet they kept him. This wasn’t due to the fact they only liked Tim, it was because he found a way to be kept. I call that brilliant play. He should have been someone who was in early and eliminated because you know he could persuade and form alliances with ease. And he did and they allowed it because he got into their heads. I’m also glad he pulled away from only playing on the OG side because ultimately it seemed they were beginning to crack and the newbies were winning challenges. He went further than he should I believe and I’m glad. Besides why is Tim being blamed for not sticking with the OG’s. It has been stated that Dave and Estelle formed alliances with Taras early on too. Just saying

Depends what his end goal was as to whether he succeeded or not - As you asked in your first pargraph - was he trying to win? Maybe he had some other motives.
I think he would have like to win but was very conscious of being entertaining, I think he succeeded there!
Did he play a good game? Yes. Did he make mistakes? Yes....if he had worked harder for Tully and Gabbie in particular would he have gone further? Too many ifs and buts to say...I'm not so sure he would have...But I enjoyed the ride so it's a tick from me. His one on one influence on people was good but his work on eviction nights was exceptional IMO, has to be the next host if they keep this thing running.....and take a punt on unscripted!! (I think it would be the only way he would take it anyway)

I think he played well up until a point. He would have had to keep Tully around and then back stab her at exactly the right time and then somehow convince Estelle and Gabbie to take him to the end (which is possible but all the cards would have had to align I'd say) to make it to the end because none of the Newbies were taking him and I'm not sure Reggie would unless she has no other real options either.

His biggest mistake was trusting Johnson and Aleisha after the final 10 or so. He needed them to make it that far, but he needed to realise that he needed some of the OGs to actually make the final.

He got pretty far in the game, so we can't say he did badly.

It's so hard to know what different strategies would have worked better or worse. We simply don't know.

I think what ultimately undid him was working against the OG's too early in the game. I also don't think he fully understood how much other players were just focused as working on a team. He was focused more on the future game, than the present game. Which ultimately eroded his biggest advantage, which was the OG team.

I understood why he wanted to join the newbies for his game, but it didn’t work - they never accepted him like they did Drew and that was part of his unraveling.

I understood why he wanted to join the newbies for his game, but it didn’t work - they never accepted him like they did Drew and that was part of his unraveling.

He underestimated the strength of each sides alliances. So he could do individual deals. Which helped him, but ultimate the alliances were too strong. While he wasn't committed to his alliance.

He underestimated the strength of each sides alliances. So he could do individual deals. Which helped him, but ultimate the alliances were too strong. While he wasn't committed to his alliance.
As everyone knows, i have no love for Tim. I'll try to be unbiased:
I think he made individual deals with everyone, so made them with no one (if that makes sense!), everyone caught on (eventually) that he was doing this & that was part of his undoing.
Also like i said in a daily thread, i think he got as far as he could. The newbies were always going to get rid of him when he didn't serve their purpose anymore and if he stuck with the OG alliance, they would've booted him as soon as they got rid of all the newbies, because he's hard to live with and could've caused havoc among the OGs and eventually won. I think he played it the best he could, considering the format/circumstances. I don't think he would've gone further no matter what he did. Jmo

I don’t think he could have made it to the end without winning the last few challenges. His target was also so big that he would have been targeted at around the F6 or F5. Maybe if he kept the more threatening OGs like Reggie, Dave and Estelle around until the F6, then he could have tried to push the narrative that they were all more threatening than him. But some of that was beyond his control (Brenton nominating all 3 of them at once meant that one of them had to go).

I think his flexibility was a good thing. He was perceived as the leader of the OGs, and so would have been targeted by the newbies quite quickly. Making connections with them
And demonstrating an ability to work with them helped counter that. I do think his main weakness was that he went too far with his desire to integrate with the newbies, and so was unable to maintain strong bonds with the OGs alongside building bonds with the newbies. He contributed to Tully’s voting out, which then led to Drew’s demise, while his relationship with Estelle deteriorated throughout their time in the game. This was problematic because Tim needed those people around in the endgame as numbers or shields. Their removal meant that the newbie group became the dominant group in the endgame.

Having said that though, I think the heavy amount of power that is allocated to challenge winners makes it hard to win by just playing well socially and strategically, because challenge outcomes are harder to control. You could be in the top 10 and have alliances with 8 people, but if the one person who you aren’t aligned with wins the challenge, then that could be enough to cook your game. It’s not like in Survivor where you could just build a majority alliance and ride it to the end. In this BB format, a person from the minority alliance could just win a nominations challenge and flip the game on its head. In Survivor, that person can win immunity but then the majority could just move the target to someone else. The problem for the OGs here was that too many of the newbies were top challenge performers, so even if they had stayed strong, it could still have backfired.

I don’t think he could have made it to the end without winning the last few challenges. His target was also so big that he would have been targeted at around the F6 or F5. Maybe if he kept the more threatening OGs like Reggie, Dave and Estelle around until the F6, then he could have tried to push the narrative that they were all more threatening than him. But some of that was beyond his control (Brenton nominating all 3 of them at once meant that one of them had to go).

I think his flexibility was a good thing. He was perceived as the leader of the OGs, and so would have been targeted by the newbies quite quickly. Making connections with them
And demonstrating an ability to work with them helped counter that. I do think his main weakness was that he went too far with his desire to integrate with the newbies, and so was unable to maintain strong bonds with the OGs alongside building bonds with the newbies. He contributed to Tully’s voting out, which then led to Drew’s demise, while his relationship with Estelle deteriorated throughout their time in the game. This was problematic because Tim needed those people around in the endgame as numbers or shields. Their removal meant that the newbie group became the dominant group in the endgame.

Having said that though, I think the heavy amount of power that is allocated to challenge winners makes it hard to win by just playing well socially and strategically, because challenge outcomes are harder to control. You could be in the top 10 and have alliances with 8 people, but if the one person who you aren’t aligned with wins the challenge, then that could be enough to cook your game. It’s not like in Survivor where you could just build a majority alliance and ride it to the end. In this BB format, a person from the minority alliance could just win a nominations challenge and flip the game on its head. In Survivor, that person can win immunity but then the majority could just move the target to someone else. The problem for the OGs here was that too many of the newbies were top challenge performers, so even if they had stayed strong, it could still have backfired.

You summed up really well how I feel about Tim’s game overall this time 👏

I believe he was after the win as he said all through this season exactly that. I WANT TO WIN. More specifically he said, I WANT TO BE THE 1ST PERSON TO WIN BB TWICE. So every one who is suggesting he was not in for the win, I'd have to disagree - he was fairly consistent and specific about wanting to win.

Did he play good? No. He didn't win, he didn't make top 3, he didn't make finals week, he didn't even make top 5. So his game was not good, it was better than the dozen or so that got evicted before him, but that's as good as it gets. I can barely remember all the winners from BBAU, I can only remember 1 or 2 who came 2nd and I cant remember any who came 4th, 5th, etc so on & so on... For me, his game was not memorable and wasn't that good.

Tim is a narcissist who loves to talk about himself and how good he is, how good his plans are etc etc, he loves to play up to the camera's and he loves to play the naughty rascal guy type of game. And this is his style, it's his way of playing and good on him for having that strategy, as it is somewhat individual. We haven't seen many people play like Tim.
It was successful in 2013, but hasn't worked since. And that is his downfall I believe, he needed to change his method, well obviously, as it didn't work in BB Canada & it didn't work in this season.
What could he have done? Well, that's anyone's guess, but he needed to do something different as he didn't win. Just because that method won in 2013 doesn't (& didn't) mean it could work again. We've seen how it happened and this seasons housemates have either seen his season or heard about it. So they were aware of how he plays. Playing the same game isn't necessarily a good strategy, as others know how you operate and once they see it happening again they wake up and take action.

The OG's in this season new all about Tim before he came into the game so once he arrived they had already studied how he won 2013 and were on edge about him from the beginning. He was able to navigate around a lot of them and stay out of the noms, but there were conversations about him each week and OG's were weary of him getting to the end.

He did show them how good he was by dodging the nomination to play off against Reggie & Estelle but I think this was the beginning of the end for him. They missed a chance to take him out when he went onto the block the first time as the house voted out R & E. I think they regretted this and its quite possible that a lot of conversation(s) we never heard - because this format is very limited in what we actually get to hear & see. We only get spoon fed what the producers want us to know.

Aleesha was quite vocal to the OG's the other night when Tim was in the diary room and she said, "We have to get him out next" and made every one agree. This of course didn't go quite to plan as when they had the opportunity to throw him into the Arcade games thing, Tim actually talked himself out of it. However, he was nommed and evicted over Brenton which suggests the OG's were adamant to get rid of him.

I think he possibly could have wormed his way into the top three if he had more stronger alliances with who was left - and personally this is where I think his whole gameplay falls apart. In BBCAN he was touted as the master strategist & manipulator and he took on the role of an 'advisor' to others in the game as to how they should play to get further ahead. I think he did help a lot of people with his advice but at the same time they took his advice and also became educated as to how he could manipulate & strategise within the game. Thus every one he assists or advises, becomes to 'advised' and can see how he plays his game.
They of course then decide its best to get him out asap.

He wanted to be known as the only person in the world to win BB twice - that didn't happen, so now he wants to be known as the best BB game player ever.. & in 3 BB's he has won once, came 3rd & now 6th..

I don't think he's that good really...

Yup. It appears his reepbot in the house and Boosweetgeek weren’t actually banned because those were the accounts he was using.
Someone is clearing up the posts though…? I never actually see any of them. Except one within a reply that someone had made.

Back