Skip to main content

This season has been better than others

^This

This season has been hideous. Some of the most boring and uninteresting housemates were thrown in this season. Let's not mention the early eviction of the better housemates.

Last year's was so much better.

Ben, Tully and Justynn, most importantly.

I would also prefer these housemates over most of the current ones (despite being 'boring' or whatnot): Sharon, Jasmine, Rohan, Caleb and Katie & Lucy.

Having the ABOVE housemates with Jade and Drew, the finalists would've been better. At least 'better' compared to the top 7 we had.

Mikkayla, Ed, Tim and Tahan should've been long gone. Okay, maybe Tim should've been in my ideal top 10.

Oops you kind of contradicted yourself there. How embarrassment!

anywho.. I agree with you that Tully, Ben and Justynnn were fabulous housemates. However on the whole, I think that having 6 nominees combined with a vote to save served us well in ejecting the boring housemates early.

I disagree wholeheartedly with you that the latter half of the season is full of 'boring and uninteresting' housemates. It sounds to me as if you just don't like them, but that actually means they are interesting in some way. Even if it's love to hate.

One of my favorite casts of any bb series I have seen in au, us , uk.

Really not a hatable housemate this year which is why I smirk a bit when people try to work up anger and hatred against any of them. I don't like all of them equally but there were no horrible people.

Of course my view is probably colored by coming off bb USA which had the first or second worst group of housemates I have ever seen.

Oops you kind of contradicted yourself there. How embarrassment!
I actually acknowledged my contradiction and backed it up: Despite the fact they were 'boring', I'd still have prefer them over the current ones. Makes sense now?

I disagree wholeheartedly with you that the latter half of the season is full of 'boring and uninteresting' housemates. It sounds to me as if you just don't like them, but that actually means they are interesting in some way. Even if it's love to hate.
Remember, it wasn't just me. So many people yawned when it came to Xavier, Sharon, Rohan, Jasmine, the Sisters and even Heidi.

I actually acknowledged my contradiction and backed it up: Despite the fact they were 'boring', I'd still have prefer them over the current ones. Makes sense now?

Remember, it wasn't just me. So many people yawned when it came to Xavier, Sharon, Rohan, Jasmine, the Sisters and even Heidi.

Yes sorry I retracted my contradiction claims.

I'm a little bit confused though. Yes there were some housemates who were less interesting than others. This is ALWAYS the case. However I think the eviction order has been basically right.

Last year's was better by far. I've drifted away from watching this one over the last month, mainly just evictions. It's all just a bit blah, I don't feel like I missing anything interesting anymore.

I have really enjoyed this season, I have watched them all, I really would love a genuine 24 hour live feed, (I used to really love the uplate show with the live feed, who can ever forget Sara Marie cooking fish fingers, that always reminded me of when I was young.)
I digress, next year I hope they do have a late night show with a genuine live feed.

^This

This season has been hideous. Some of the most boring and uninteresting housemates were thrown in this season. Let's not mention the early eviction of the better housemates.

Last year's was so much better.

I like you! I'm with you! This season has really been bad. It's dragged on something terrible. I feel like one week is actually 2 weeks and the editing is vile! There have only been several really good housemates this year in my opinion. Last year was better! I concur! Amen!

Worst season was 2008 but this is close. Not because of the people they have in the House although more real people and less want to be actors. The production and editing are terrible and Im not sure I will be watching next year.

Worst season was 2008 but this is close. Not because of the people they have in the House although more real people and less want to be actors. The production and editing are terrible and Im not sure I will be watching next year.

LOL! Do you know that I wouldn't be surprised if they are still throwing in a few scenes from week 1 this late in the game :p

I actually think last year was better, much better narrative, better editing. And all the housemates had a pivitol role whether they were evicted early or not, this year we have some great characters but a lot of 'eviction fodder' as well.

The feel of last year was a lot smoother, they went in all together, we had intruders when you would expect. No showdown or anything that messed around with the nomination format and the game was left to unfold naturally. This year way too much interference and too many gimmicks were relied upon. And also evictions were on the correct day of Sunday, don't know why but Wednesday evictions feel way off, not to mention they strangely take so much longer to arrive even though its the same amount of time Sunday evictions took. Last year felt very cohesive whereas this year, especially the first month with the halfway house felt cluttered and disjointed.

And lastly the race towards the finish line was a lot more tense last year, Michael, Ben, Estelle and Layla were all huge chances to win. This year its out of two people Tim and Tahan. Just not as climactic IMO.

I actually think last year was better, much better narrative, better editing. And all the housemates had a pivitol role whether they were evicted early or not, this year we have some great characters but a lot of 'eviction fodder' as well.

The feel of last year was a lot smoother, they went in all together, we had intruders when you would expect. No showdown or anything that messed around with the nomination format and the game was left to unfold naturally. This year way too much interference and too many gimmicks were relied upon. And also evictions were on the correct day of Sunday, don't know why but Wednesday evictions feel way off, not to mention they strangely take so much longer to arrive even though its the same amount of time Sunday evictions took. Last year felt very cohesive whereas this year, especially the first month with the halfway house felt cluttered and disjointed.

And lastly the race towards the finish line was a lot more tense last year, Michael, Ben, Estelle and Layla were all huge chances to win. This year its out of two people Tim and Tahan. Just not as climactic IMO.

A-FUCKING MEN!!! Oh my god!!!! Sounds exactly how I'm feeling! Well done on an outstanding post [MENTION=34614]jb4493[/MENTION]

A-FUCKING MEN!!! Oh my god!!!! Sounds exactly how I'm feeling! Well done on an outstanding post [MENTION=34614]jb4493[/MENTION]

Thanks so much mikidiki, I always find myself nodding in agreement to your posts also! :)

I'm enjoying this season, not so much the housemates , but the forums not as much fighting and abuse as a few of the years.

This season hasn't been BAD, but the problem is literally everything they've done has been done better in other seasons. Two houses? BB3 rocked it. Rich/poor? Pretty much every time it's a weekly task it's more fun than the Halfway House was. Fake eviction? Anna and Camilla were much better than Ben. Showdown was cheap and tacky even by the low standards FNL set. Late Night Feast was no Uncut. A lot of the weekly tasks are retooled concepts that were done better the first time around - most notably the underwhelming Yes task revival, but Rock Paper Scissors was terrible compared to a challenge that wasn't even finished last year, and Freeze and Release was basically a dumbed down version of the Gatecrasher task, which itself was basically Ignore the Obvious again. Even the casting isn't great - I'd rather any of the quieter BB3 guys than Ben, or Paul (who I absolutely hated) than Tim, or even freaking Jamie and Katie to Ed and Jade. Pretty much the only thing that's come off well in comparison to the past was Mikkayla's casting, and I'm not sure whether that's only because the only other Asian woman this show has ever had was voted out first and didn't get much airtime to compare her with.

This season hasn't been BAD, but the problem is literally everything they've done has been done better in other seasons. Two houses? BB3 rocked it. Rich/poor? Pretty much every time it's a weekly task it's more fun than the Halfway House was. Fake eviction? Anna and Camilla were much better than Ben. Showdown was cheap and tacky even by the low standards FNL set. Late Night Feast was no Uncut. A lot of the weekly tasks are retooled concepts that were done better the first time around - most notably the underwhelming Yes task revival, but Rock Paper Scissors was terrible compared to a challenge that wasn't even finished last year, and Freeze and Release was basically a dumbed down version of the Gatecrasher task, which itself was basically Ignore the Obvious again. Even the casting isn't great - I'd rather any of the quieter BB3 guys than Ben, or Paul (who I absolutely hated) than Tim, or even freaking Jamie and Katie to Ed and Jade. Pretty much the only thing that's come off well in comparison to the past was Mikkayla's casting, and I'm not sure whether that's only because the only other Asian woman this show has ever had was voted out first and didn't get much airtime to compare her with.

Another outstanding post! Good analysis and comparative post!

as they say, 'You never forget your first'. To me, the last two seasons really don't match up to 05/06. I was watching BB far too young so those two seasons were nearly half a lifetime ago for me. But something about them was just 'better'. The dialogue flowed more, it was less 'gimmicky' than the last two. They didn't shove ambi-pur and KFC down our throats. No Surly. I dunno, it seemed a lot more 'raw'.

That being said, this season had a much better cast than last season. More bitchiness, more fighting. It's just a shame I had schooling get in the way and obstruct my viewing :( lol

Post of the day.:cool:

Back