Skip to main content

This season has been better than others

N

Nang72

I haven't watched the show this closely since Ryan Fitzgerald and Paul Dyer's series with Merlin in it (when Gretel was still hosting.)

I think it has really improved because there are more intelligent, older people in the house this year with some life experience.

The group dynamics and personality types have really come to the fore this year. (Except for Ed - because he doesn't have a personality). It's not just 20 years olds getting blind drunk and being disgusting. I like not having an Uncut version- I don't want to see that.

And I like the shake up of how nominations are done. It keeps it interesting and they really have to think rather thna go through the motions.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the changes to this year's series?

Out of the mouths of babes...you are terribly naive if you think the show this year has been watchable...unfortunately the heavy editing and less than free-flowing scenes have unfortunately made it highly unwatchable at times...Alex M is just interested in slapping himself on the back...In the words of Public Enemy, "don't believe the hype"...

Last edited:
i didnt start watching AU til last year. so compared to last year i think this season is much better.

Yep, I agree with this.

This season beats 2012, 2008 and 2005 for me personally. Don't know what it was about 05, but I didn't like it much.

Out of the mouths of babes...you are terribly naive if you think the show this year has been watchable...unfortunately the heavy editing and less than free-flowing scenes have unfortunately made it highly unwatchable at times...Alex M is just interested in slapping his own back...In the words of Public Enemy, "don't believe the hype"...
Best post.

Out of the mouths of babes...you are terribly naive if you think the show this year has been watchable...unfortunately the heavy editing and less than free-flowing scenes have unfortunately made it highly unwatchable at times...Alex M is just interested in slapping his own back...In the words of Public Enemy, "don't believe the hype"...

Completely agree - it's sad when you STILL don't know much about each housemate with only 1 1/2 weeks to go!!!

Lol...
No.

I was too young to watch BB in previous years, I think last time I properly watched it was '08 and I remember some bits from other series but never watched them like I have this year and last.

I don't agree.
Last years bunch of housemates were MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more entertaing than this years (besides tim ofcourse), and I think i'll personally forget 80% of this years housemates because they were no where near as funny or entertaining as last years.

I mean coming up to the finale last year I liked Stacey, ben and Michael and even Estelle. I even liked josh and angie at a point, this year has been so crap I've only been able to like Tim.

This seasons twists were boring as well. The secret task last year was much funnier..

I don't know. I personally think that without tim and maybe ...MAYBE....drew jade and tahan this season would have been SOOOOO BAD..

I like the HMs a lot better this year

I do think it's heavily edited though and they make each HM a 'character'

Like I would say Tahan is wayyyy more bitchier than they let on in the daily shows

This season beats 2012 hands down for me, 2012 was super boring and so were it's housemates. None of them had real substance whereas this years really really does!

This season has been a good one, thanks to the efforts of Tim and Tahan.

I'll give Tully and Drew a special mention for creating drama and contraversy.

Good job SSE *insert golf clap here*

The HM's this year are good in the sense that they actually talk about things and are much older and mature. But without Tim and Tahan then the show would be as plain as vanilla yoghurt. The twists were ok, while the tasks were at an all time low (except freeze release task). Last years Hm's were so funny. I had more favourite moments of the show back then, then I do now. I dunno but this year was great. But id say I cant tell what season was better. id say half and half!

This year is better than last year, but 7 and 8 were better. They had some intelligent people as well. Incidentally there are some like the sisters and Jade who perhaps aren't that intelligent this year, maybe Ben, Caleb and Boog too?

Out of the mouths of babes...you are terribly naive if you think the show this year has been watchable...unfortunately the heavy editing and less than free-flowing scenes have unfortunately made it highly unwatchable at times...Alex M is just interested in slapping himself on the back...In the words of Public Enemy, "don't believe the hype"...

You are terribly naïve to think that you can state whether it has been watchable or not for someone else. You haven't enjoyed watching it. That's fine. To each their own.

Sometimes the editing and lack of true live feed has been a little disappointing to me, nevertheless on the whole I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this season. It was cast so well and I have been drawn in to the story arcs.

Given the constraints placed upon him. I think Alex has done well in the circumstances.

Having watched BBUS, BBUK and BBAU, I'd say BBAU is much more watchable than the others this year. While BBAU doesn't have live feeds, the daily shows show a much more realistic portrayal of the HMs than the BBUS editing. Plus in the American version, most of the house guests are recruited models/actors so they aren't that entertaining on the live feeds. BBAU and BBUK are similar but I'd say Australia has a lot more fun and better HMs.

I watched last years BBAU and I couldn't finish it. The housemates weren't very likable. I could not understand why Layla was so popular and why Ben won. This year I've actually watched the show religiously and found myself looking forward to it.

^This

This season has been hideous. Some of the most boring and uninteresting housemates were thrown in this season. Let's not mention the early eviction of the better housemates.

Last year's was so much better.

^This

This season has been hideous. Some of the most boring and uninteresting housemates were thrown in this season. Let's not mention the early eviction of the better housemates.

Last year's was so much better.

About whom are you referring when you state the bolded section? Please explain!

About whom are you referring when you state the bolded section? Please explain!
Ben, Tully and Justynn, most importantly.

I would also prefer these housemates over most of the current ones (despite being 'boring' or whatnot): Sharon, Jasmine, Rohan, Caleb and Katie & Lucy.

Having the ABOVE housemates with Jade and Drew, the finalists would've been better. At least 'better' compared to the top 7 we had.

Mikkayla, Ed, Tim and Tahan should've been long gone. Okay, maybe Tim should've been in my ideal top 10.

[MENTION=36030]natalia[/MENTION]:

I don't agree.
Last years bunch of housemates were MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more entertaing than this years (besides tim ofcourse), and I think i'll personally forget 80% of this years housemates because they were no where near as funny or entertaining as last years.

I mean coming up to the finale last year I liked Stacey, ben and Michael and even Estelle. I even liked josh and angie at a point, this year has been so crap I've only been able to like Tim.

This seasons twists were boring as well. The secret task last year was much funnier..

Exactly my thoughts!

Back