Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

I'm not a fan of country music, with some rare exceptions.

I don't like it when people say 'that was so refreshing' when someone does or says something different, new or unexpected. I don't know why, it just grates on my nerves.

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

Indian Givers
Greeks bearing gifts
Roulette with Russians
Crawling for Aussies
Italians and sign language
Cheques in Prague
Czechs from Prague
Berlin Buns from Germany
Indian Telemarketers
Sexless British
Wales saved
Saved Whales
Phuey from Hong Kong
Tans in Japan
and fukn big racists
Bigots racing.

Cannot stand how delivery guys and installers for things like Foxtel always give you a half day window like "Saturday morning" and then keep you waiting for hours, only for them to turn up at 11.55.

Following on from public space gripes from @jessy_girl & @shaydee - people that have no idea of how to conduct themselves in public spaces are always ignorant pigs.

My pet hate is backpack assaults on PT, they thump you with their load and then pretend it has nothing to do with them.
I noticed they now have signs up on the trains re this, take it off and own your luggage.

And the idiots who think they own the footpaths, aisles, everything - they stop and stare at their phones right in the middle of a narrow path through shop wares, tables, bins whatever.

And I have begun just walking straight into them, preferably with a big bag of shopping hitting them, the response
a predictable entitlement.

Following on from public space gripes from @jessy_girl & @shaydee - people that have no idea of how to conduct themselves in public spaces are always ignorant pigs.

My pet hate is backpack assaults on PT, they thump you with their load and then pretend it has nothing to do with them.
I noticed they now have signs up on the trains re this, take it off and own your luggage.

And the idiots who think they own the footpaths, aisles, everything - they stop and stare at their phones right in the middle of a narrow path through shop wares, tables, bins whatever.

And I have begun just walking straight into them, preferably with a big bag of shopping hitting them, the response
a predictable entitlement.

or people with their dogs who stand in the middle of the footpath to have a ten minute conversation with some other people who also have dogs.

Reactions: kxk
A short while ago I heard the familiar sound of aggy people so I stepped out onto the balcony & saw the same culprits shouting at each other. I always take my phone out with me so I can call the cops if things get too heated. Well this time they did. This absolute derro guy screaming & shouting at the woman. Another derro guy stood next to them also shouting at the woman. I called the cops and crouched down on the balcony and started to video them. One guy hit the woman, not very hard but still enough to make her cry out. Then I stood up and while i'm videoing him kicking her I shout "LEAVE HER ALONE!" he looks up sees me videoing and just starts abusing me calling me the biggest dog cu*t in the world. It seemed to stop him hitting her anyway. I came back inside and carried on peeking through the blinds.... they all drove off in the same car. She went with them :(

The cops never showed up.... nice one & now he knows where I live. I am so over living in this place. Every day there is some drama with the locals. If it's not the teenagers throwing bottles and stones it's the adults fighting with each other and screaming obscenities. I can't wait until we can finally move.

My OH is gonna KILL me when I tell him that I was busted while videoing them. Better make something nice for tea eh....

A short while ago I heard the familiar sound of aggy people so I stepped out onto the balcony & saw the same culprits shouting at each other. I always take my phone out with me so I can call the cops if things get too heated. Well this time they did. This absolute derro guy screaming & shouting at the woman. Another derro guy stood next to them also shouting at the woman. I called the cops and crouched down on the balcony and started to video them. One guy hit the woman, not very hard but still enough to make her cry out. Then I stood up and while i'm videoing him kicking her I shout "LEAVE HER ALONE!" he looks up sees me videoing and just starts abusing me calling me the biggest dog cu*t in the world. It seemed to stop him hitting her anyway. I came back inside and carried on peeking through the blinds.... they all drove off in the same car. She went with them :(

The cops never showed up.... nice one & now he knows where I live. I am so over living in this place. Every day there is some drama with the locals. If it's not the teenagers throwing bottles and stones it's the adults fighting with each other and screaming obscenities. I can't wait until we can finally move.

My OH is gonna KILL me when I tell him that I was busted while videoing them. Better make something nice for tea eh....
Is there any chance you can move? - doesn't sound like the nicest of neighbourhoods :(

Ok I was just going to complain about there constantly being dog poo in this one patch of grass outside my front door, but no @shaydee you win. That's really scary! How long have you put up with this? It sounds like a really unsettling way to live, is there a solution for you here? Can you move?

You did the right thing calling the cops - that is such a brave thing to do. Too many people see things and say nothing. My mum recently was concerned about her neighbours children (a culmination of neglect that led to one of the 5 children coming over to her house one night begging my parents to drive them down to the local takeaway with $5 to feed a family of 7 because mum and dad were high) where she didn't act and was crippled with guilt - fortunately the school was already in the process of notifying the authorities. As the others have said - can you move? I would also try calling the police again and offer your evidence - hopefully it might mean they are more supportive of you and your situation. From my experience with the police, sometimes it's about who you talk to and it might take several interactions to find that person. As I said to my mum - these services get flooded with genuine concerns, more than they can handle, but also busy bodies and dickheads who think it is hilarious to pull pranks, so it can be hard for them to filter - they are no where near funded adequately to handle what they are supposed to handle, let alone attention seekers. There are also services out there who support people in abusive relationships and who live in fear who might be compassionate to your cause.

Thinking of you and hope you are ok xo

@Isee @jessy_girl @delcan and @Insomniac thanks guys... it really is a crap neighbourhood but hopefully in 4-6 months we will be moving. We're only staying here because the mortgage on this apartment is peanuts compared to rent at the moment. We're gonna be doing this place up & trying to sell so there is light at the end of the tunnel! :)

@delcan awww your poor Mum.. it's easy to say you'd do something but when you have kids yourself, the very real fear of retaliation can be too much.

It seems there's always something happening on this street and when I called up yesterday I could hear the sigh in the operators voice when I said the location. Thing is this is not the first time i've seen a woman get hit on this street. I will always speak out or shout out, just so they know they've been seen but it doesn't deter them and it seems so sad to see these women stay. My partner got so mad at me, only because he doesn't want us to become a target for these idiots... but when he calmed down he said sorry & said he was proud of me. I did nothing to be proud of... it's just such a shame that these women stick around. They must feel like they aren't worth more or that they can't leave.. I don't know. But you really can't help someone if they don't the help can you? Pretty disappointed in the police not showing up though. It is a well known crack house down that end of the street. Makes me wonder if they don't want to ruin some surveillance or something. There's always cars coming around the cul de sac stopping for a few then driving off. Different cars all the time. You can tell the people who are picking up stuff, they are regular as clockwork. Plus it doesn't help that they closed the police station down here and the nearest one after that is a good 25 mins away.

Oh well.. just another day in the hood... right?

Ok, I am just going to let this one fly.

What pisses me off, is that my hard earned taxpayer dollars is paying for someone to sit on a public forum day/night, posting utter bullshit and other nonsensical stuff, when a group of five mentally disabled (hope I am using the right pc term), board a bus near my bus stop and go to work EVERYDAY! God bless them.

I don't give a shit no more and have so wanted to get this off my chest for ages.

End of rant. :mad:

P.S No guessing who I am speaking of. Grrrrrrr.

Ok, I am just going to let this one fly.

What pisses me off, is that my hard earned taxpayer dollars is paying for someone to sit on a public forum day/night, posting utter bullshit and other nonsensical stuff, when a group of five mentally disabled (hope I am using the right pc term), board a bus near my bus stop and go to work EVERYDAY! God bless them.

I don't give a shit no more and have so wanted to get this off my chest for ages.

End of rant. :mad:

P.S No guessing who I am speaking of. Grrrrrrr.

P.S.S It's not fair to not name, names. Reepbot, I am not sure what your story is but the way you articulate yourself at times on these forums, you seem perfectly fine to me. Bloody Centrelink are pathetic.

Reactions: Tee
P.S.S It's not fair to not name, names. Reepbot, I am not sure what your story is but the way you articulate yourself at times on these forums, you seem perfectly fine to me. Bloody Centrelink are pathetic.
It's the system that is fucked.

The system allows people like Reepbot and Witty Banter to sit online talking shit, stalking and completing online personality tests all day. The system has moulded Reepbot into a 27 year old man with a victimised welfare mentality, who knows how to play the system by obsessesing over his "disability" 24/7. It is both a drain on our tax system and helpful to none.

Nobody in here is "perfectly fine", but the vast marjority of us get up and contribute to the tax system for the greater good of the country.

It's the system that is fucked.

The system allows people like Reepbot and Witty Banter to sit online talking shit, stalking and completing online personality tests all day. The system has moulded Reepbot into a 27 year old man with a victimised welfare mentality, who knows how to play the system by obsessesing over his "disability" 24/7. It is both a drain on our tax system and helpful to none.

Nobody in here is "perfectly fine", but the vast marjority of us get up and contribute to the tax system for the greater good of the country.
What system Trala? I was working and getting paid triple your current salary PLUS incentives PLUS bonuses plus a second overnight job to pay off the mortgage on my second property in my thirties.

You were taking drugs. Have you even paid off your stamp duty on your first in your fifties? Don't be bitter about people who made good choices while you made bad and illegal life choices you made whilst a mother.

What system Trala? I was working and getting paid triple your current salary PLUS incentives PLUS bonuses plus a second overnight job to pay off the mortgage on my second property in my thirties.

You were taking drugs. Have you even paid off your stamp duty on your first in your fifties? Don't be bitter about people who made good choices while you made bad and illegal life choices you made whilst a mother.

tumblr_lpcehkDHWn1qbaxlqo1_400.gif

Reactions: Tee

Oh calm down. Of course you did. Now wipe your computer screen, you have bitter spittle on it.

This is the Internet and you can be anything you want! You have chosen to be an asexual, friendless, waterfall owning, bank slaying, hunter suer who has a great vocabulary and is shit when it comes to punctuation and cunnilingus.

Three cheers for you!

And you're not fooling anyone Mr Centrelink

Oh calm down. Of course you did. Now wipe your computer screen, you have bitter spittle on it.

This is the Internet and you can be anything you want! You have chosen to be an asexual, friendless, waterfall owning, bank slaying, hunter suer who has a great vocabulary and is shit when it comes to punctuation and cunnilingus.

Three cheers for you!

And you're not fooling anyone Mr Centrelink
Not nearly as bitter as you are at my pointing out that I have express unrestricted entry into countries that reject you instantly from entering with your criminal history. It's no wonder you are forced to spend your money decorating your toenails while law abiding citizens like me have unrestricted travelling freedom. I'm not the one breaking into a cold sweat worrying about being bounced on arrival. I'm not the one worrying about paying in advance for accommodation that you cannot use.

Not nearly as bitter as you are at my pointing out that I have express unrestricted entry into countries that reject you instantly from entering with your criminal history. It's no wonder you are forced to spend your money decorating your toenails while law abiding citizens like me have unrestricted travelling freedom. I'm not the one breaking into a cold sweat worrying about being bounced on arrival. I'm not the one worrying about paying in advance for accommodation that you cannot use.
And we are back to passport obsessing...

Yes, let's talk about your extensive travelling over the last year. You have travelled from the OT Thread, to your BBB search engine, to the Reepbot thread, to your BBB search engine, to the Housemates Antics thread, to the BBB search engine, and today you embarked on the exciting new adventure of the Things You Hate and Stuff That Annoys You Thread. All that time and travel and still not one friend to show for it.

That is some enchanted life you are living!

Back