Skip to main content

things i hate that everyone else loves

I hate the Simpsons.*
Hated Seinfeld, too.
I also really hate Rockwiz.
(Ooh, I feel hateful now. Haters gunna hate!)
The Piano.
Top of the Lake.
Pink. (the over-rated singer, not the colour)
KanyeKimwe, I don't give a shit
anything Twitter, or Instagram, etc etc-related
selfies
Facebook
people having "brands"
Mummybloggers
rap
hiphop
jazz
funk
fusion
Todd Sampson's brain expansion
any sport involving a ball

*I got all excited when I thought the thing was finally going to end, even though they'd still be playing repeats until we're all 105....
Only 105?

immortality would be fine if our bodies and minds would last the distance - unfortunately they don't and I don't want to live out my immortality staring out the window not knowing who I am ...

...our youngest daughter and also a mate of mine do something that I don't actually hate but it just bewilders me... if we are all in a group and something totally funny happens or someone cracks a really funny joke... everyone in the group will break out it uncontrollable laughter while they don't actually laugh like normal... they just smile and say something like... "that's funny" or "yeah funny one"... or something similar... they don't actually laugh...

...breaking out in spontaneous laughter is basically a reflex response yet they don't ever just laugh!... how do they do that?... to me that is just weird... it's like accidentally hitting your thumb with a hammer and instead of screaming out swear words they would just calmly say... "Oh dear... that hurt"... it just isn't right!... lol!... I just don't get how they can do that!... cheers.
some people just do seem to miss the Humour Gene ... or maybe have a dry sense of humour that noone else gets ... and they've connected with someone else with that same characteristic ...

I have inlaws who I have never heard tell a joke ... my family is the opposite ... we try to outdo one another with the funny/inane birthday cards etc etc ... my husband tried to give his Dad a funny card and it went down like a lead balloon ...

apples, oranges ... can sit in the same bowl but still very different :)

some people just do seem to miss the Humour Gene ... or maybe have a dry sense of humour that noone else gets ... and they've connected with someone else with that same characteristic ...

I have inlaws who I have never heard tell a joke ... my family is the opposite ... we try to outdo one another with the funny/inane birthday cards etc etc ... my husband tried to give his Dad a funny card and it went down like a lead balloon ...

apples, oranges ... can sit in the same bowl but still very different :)

but if i laugh people might look at me and judge me

immortality would be fine if our bodies and minds would last the distance - unfortunately they don't and I don't want to live out my immortality staring out the window not knowing who I am ...

...a very very good point there crimmy... cheers.

WEEDS ... and the fact they don't get the message and clear off!!!!

...Amen to that crimmy!... the little mongrels just laugh at you behind your back... especially that 'onion weed'... we are mortal enemies... but I will reign supreme in my gardens... I'm on a quest... I'm on a mission and it's not impossible... I will win!... cheers.

I hate seafood. I can't stand the texture or taste of good, fresh seafood - but canned is the worst. The smell of tuna mornay, fish pie or quiche, cold or hot, with canned seafood induces the gag reflex and I have to leave the room

I hate seafood. I can't stand the texture or taste of good, fresh seafood - but canned is the worst. The smell of tuna mornay, fish pie or quiche, cold or hot, with canned seafood induces the gag reflex and I have to leave the room
Same here. lol

Surprised that we share something in common. Furthermore I generally don't derive a lot of sustenance from seafood, I need some proper red/white meat to feel sated. :D

I had lobster linguine tonight (the same lobster I posted about buying at the markets a few weeks ago). Loved it!

...our oldest son is staying with us at the moment in between moving houses... damn I hate seeing pubes embedded in dry soap when I go for a shower the next morning!... we have had a discussion about it believe me!... cheers.
this reminded me of a talk I remember from Friends (I was never a regular watcher but saw this episode and its made me wary of soap in showers ever since

CHANDLER: Waaa-aaah.

JOEY: What?

CHANDLER: The spoon. You licked and-and you put. You licked and you put.

JOEY: Yeah, so.

CHANDLER: Well don't you see how gross that is? I mean that's like you using my toothbrush. You used my toothbrush?

JOEY: Well, that was only 'cause I used the red one to unclog the drain.

CHANDLER: Mine is the red one! Oh God. Can open, worms everywhere.

JOEY: Hey, why can't we use the same toothbrush, but we can use the same soap?

CHANDLER: Because soap is soap. It's self-cleaning.

JOEY: Alright, well next time you take a shower, think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash.

i don't like avocado
its slimy - and flavourless ... its just BLAH
i really don't see why people rave about them

...I sooooo agree with you on this crimmy... my darling wife loves them!... urgh!...

this reminded me of a talk I remember from Friends (I was never a regular watcher but saw this episode and its made me wary of soap in showers ever since

CHANDLER: Well don't you see how gross that is? I mean that's like you using my toothbrush. You used my toothbrush?

JOEY: Alright, well next time you take a shower, think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash.

...hahahaha!... that last line is hilarious!... can't wait to tell the son that in the morning lol!... he's in for a shock!... thank God that I wash my legs first in the shower!... lol!... cheers.

...I sooooo agree with you on this crimmy... my darling wife loves them!... urgh!...

...hahahaha!... that last line is hilarious!... can't wait to tell the son that in the morning lol!... he's in for a shock!... thank God that I wash my legs first in the shower!... lol!... cheers.
you're welcome - funny that that scene has always stuck in my mind ... and how great is it that I can google "friends joey chandler soap" and find the dialogue!?!

google is mah friend :)

i can't stand tea
grew up in household of weak tea drinkers (looked like merky dishwater) ... I think that's why to this day I just can't stand the stuff

I read it in their voices, lol.

i can't stand tea
grew up in household of weak tea drinkers (looked like merky dishwater) ... I think that's why to this day I just can't stand the stuff

...hahaha!... I'm a Pommy so every place that I go everyone asks me if I want a cup of tea... I can't stand the stuff!... my darling wife loves all teas... I can't even make her a cup of tea without gagging... especially when she wants Green Tea...

I read it in their voices, lol.

...lol!... funny that you say that because I did too... I said nothing because I didn't think anybody else did that lol!... cheers.

Back