Skip to main content

The Weather Thread

Yep. Lots of bits of tree down around here, and we just lost the power for half an hour.

How shamefully lazy of Ders, he lives in Perth - where by the time you have finished hanging out your washing the first item you hung is usually dry from all that wind.
Must have a hefty clothes bill too driers fuck up clothes - but I guess he wears crimpelene suits or some other daggy crap you can shove in driers

I only ever use my dryer too :(

But Hubby ripped out the clothesline cos he kept hitting his head on it. I'm a midget and kept winding it down and he's a giant and kept winding it up to get to the shed! And honestly - it hasn't fkd up any clothes. I wear black exclusively and nothing has faded and needed replacing and our towels are always fluffy and soft.

As to the weather in Perth today - bloody scary and worse to come!

Bit windy today.

Heh.

LSCP and I were on the line for Sunday morning archery this morning (our Church is the great outdoors :)). The poor lass literally got blown off her stance by the hugely gusting cross-wind and my bow arm was blown all over the place.

Still, I not only got my sights properly set for the 20m range at last (lowered my peep, raised my anchor, just like I commented I would have to do in my latest youtube) but also discovered that the 2nd pin on the sights was already then perfectly set for the 40m range and in the three or four rounds I did at that range in the raging wind, not only didn't miss the target at all (and I've never loosed at that distance before) but also managed pleasing groupings.

Nevertheless, by 10.30 (we start at 8.30) we all had had enough of the wind ... and stupid people using the nearby carpark who decide to take a shortcut with their kids to the netball courts by walking past a bunch of "DANGER, ARCHERY IN PROGRESS" type signs and right through our range rather than the footpath BEHIND us.

Anyhoo, came home and discovered a lurrvly longbow and accessories on ebay so am now looking forward to taking delivery of the same.

Isn't this quiver sooooo cute ! I wonder if I can get earings and chaps to match ? :D

quiver1.jpg

quiver2.jpg

... and here is somebody else using the same sort/make of longbow. Mine is a 69" 50# 28" draw, and his is the same length and draw but an extra 10# of draw weight ... and he is QUICK (you would want to be at that kind of draw weight):

[youtubevid]p5a24g4OEPw[/youtubevid]

I also treated myself to a whole bunch of other archery type stuff (more arrows, arrow making/repair stuff, etc) but I don't think I'll mention that to LSCP just yet.

Obviously, my big fear now is that if I should suddenly perish from an arrow in the knee, LSCP will sell all my stuff for what I said it cost me as opposed to how much it actually cost me ! :D :D :D :D

Moonie's husband no doubt has the same issue/fear re: his motorcycle stuff. :p

Ah, the wind seems to have now died down a bit at last.

Good, it means I can now open a window so that the clothes dryer won't steam up the laundry nook.

Glad I've been left alone at home to do tough chores like that rather than suffer a 1001 bridezillas over at the expo at Burswood this arvo. I wonder who is winning the battle of wills out of LSCP, her mum, my mum, and my sis. Heh.

I wonder what sort of mood she will be in when she gets home ... and if she'll make me dinner while I tell her all about my afternoon on ebay. :)

regarDS

Last edited:
We lost power for abut 4 hours. We're on the same power grid as Rockingham hospital so we get it back before others around here. My parents are only 10 mins down the road & they are still without power & have been for about 6 hours now. Luckily we had no damage but phwooaarrr that was mental. Heaps of boats on Rockingham Beach were pushed up onto the beach. It's normally quite calm there too as it's protected by Garden Island, so that gives you an indication of just how strong the wind was.

Another weather front similar to this one is expected to pass through on Tuesday according to weather reports.

Shaydee, my cousin lives down that way and just posted on FB about the boats washed up. She reckons she saw a canoe on someones roof! She also counted 4 mangled trampolines on her short drive! I haven't been out, but Hubby has today and couldn't believe the damage everywhere. We have underground power and haven't had a problem. I've got the torches and candles out just in case!

I think we have more on the way too, there is a severe weather warning at BOM for this evening and Tuesday arvo / evening.

We had a branch fall out of a tree but thankfully that is it!

My cousin posted some awesome pics today. The house with the canoe on it's roof and a heap of Rockingham Beach - the jetty is underwater and the shore is completely GONE!!!

210551-old-boatshed-swan-river.jpg

Crikey Moses! My man said Riverside Drive was closed this arvo and that was at 4.30pm

Oh, those poor deprived (or drowned) Asian couples and their friends (etc). Where will they go this Thu, or Fri or Sat or Sun (seems like near any/every day of the week I happen to drive past a bunch of them hanging around that old shed doing lots of smiling and looking very fine !)

Those who know what I mean, know what I mean. ;)

Obviously a jetski or a submarine would have been required to use that road today ...

regarDS

Last edited:
Back