Skip to main content

The Voice 2021

Disagree. The Voice to me is better than the manufactured drama on The Block and much better than Survivor.

Topping the two older demos and second in the younger demo (behind survivor) is pretty outstanding for the voice. IMO taking away the limit for each team makes the blinds more exciting. And yeah @Sephrenia normally does drop off after the blinds. But it’s setting it up to drop off a bit and still be a ratings hit. Launching off the back of the Olympics was a great strategy. It’s exciting TV.
I think it’s the best mix of judges they’ve ever had on the Aussie version bar maybe the first year which had the benefit of being new and sparkly.

Glad that they got rid of Kelly and George who brought constant drama to the show… It would not surprise me if a lot of people are tuning in because Delta is not there. She was annoying.

Glad that they got rid of Kelly and George who brought constant drama to the show… It would not surprise me if a lot of people are tuning in because Delta is not there. She was annoying.
I agree. Too much fake drama. They all seem to genuinely like each other and get along well this year.
I think Delta came a long way and basically matured before our eyes to the point I loved her on the show in the end. However I’m not missing her this year.

Disagree. The Voice to me is better than the manufactured drama on The Block and much better than Survivor.
I like all three shows. But I don't like drama on The Block or The Voice and tend to ignore it if I can and focus on the purpose of the shows instead...easier said than done sometimes.

I have to admit that I blubbered a few times tonight...exquisite voices do that to me as do truly inspirational people.

Not my style of music and I don't know what they can do with her, but I loved the blind girl and her personality.

I dont watch megs and aff et al but what is the specific point of diffrence of the voice to other shows like idol or same of ilk?
If its just chairs swivelling....I could get on board. But I know next to nothing about these shows.
I liked the ol popstars. The birthing of Sophie Monk and bardot. It was hilarious in its inception and action.

I dont watch megs and aff et al but what is the specific point of diffrence of the voice to other shows like idol or same of ilk?
If its just chairs swivelling....I could get on board. But I know next to nothing about these shows.
I liked the ol popstars. The birthing of Sophie Monk and bardot. It was hilarious in its inception and action.

Just chairs swivelling for the Blind Auditions. Turns more into Idol and X-Factor after the Blind Auditions.

There's not much difference really, but in the Idol type shows the contestants competed against each other.
On The Voice it seems to be more about the coach and someone on their team winning.

There's not much difference really, but in the Idol type shows the contestants competed against each other.
On The Voice it seems to be more about the coach and someone on their team winning.
Does it descend into an ego thing with the judges? Strutting peacock feathers on how they can identify talent and nurture it better than the other judges?

Does it descend into an ego thing with the judges? Strutting peacock feathers on how they can identify talent and nurture it better than the other judges?
Past seasons have seen it go too fair, with bickering judges like Jessie J, Boy George, Kelly Rowland making it all about themselves.

The current lineup seem a lot nicer, and it hasn't descended into bickering yet, and the one-upmanship is light banter.

The current lineup seem a lot nicer, and it hasn't descended into bickering yet, and the one-upmanship is light banter.
I like that. One-upmanship can be banter...good banter... . Guess its about the individual egoes of the judges chosen and their willingness to have fun and employ in a good and fair spirit. Its about identifying young talent isnt it? I guess my overarching thought was that some judges would forget all this and make it about themselves.
But im so naive, this is probably the base premise to a degree.

Rita’s pitches are very, very good…I reckon she could sell ice to the Inuit.
Love it seph. Like Hawaianns with waves, the inuit have several descriptors of snow and ice.
I dig that stuff. Linguistics can and are an important organism sustaining and representing a unique culture.

Last edited:
Back