Skip to main content

The Voice 2021

Caught up on last night and tonight’s episode.
The judges seem like such a great combination and not too much contrived drama between them (yet). Some really great talent.
Also I’m torn, I do enjoy seeing past contestants come back and have another crack, but I have to say it feels fresh and new not having any prior contestants.
It’s still not comparable to say early idol days, but MAYBE, just maybe this series will actually promote the artists more than the judges. Who knows. Maybe it actually creates an artist who goes on to fame? One can only hope.

😂😂

Naledi Willers: “There's two sides for me, it's either black or white and no grey areas. If you're going to come for me, you'd better come correct.”
That sounds like a lifeblood housewives quote. Id love to live by the philosophies of housewives quotes but I have neither the star power, delusion, low IQ or numerous past lives to honour these platitudes.
Im no Athena X sadly. I just have read history.

The unlimited artist thing doesn't really work in my opinion. The judges have literally nothing to loose by not turning around. Usually they'll create an equal balance of artists on their team, gender, style, etc. But this year its a free for all. Someone might have 8, someone might have 22.

With them getting rid of the battles this year, can we assume the coaches will have to take there unlimited number of artists, then pick their top 3 or 4 to move forward? With 40 odd singers never to be seen again? I dunno. Not sure how this will play out.

That aside, the show has been pretty good with some decent artists so far. Mind you, I only watch the singing and judging, I completely fast forward through the back stories and anytime Sonia is on the screen. I highly recommend this way of watching it if you're trying to juggle all 3 shows (Voice, Survivor, The Block).

The unlimited artist thing doesn't really work in my opinion. The judges have literally nothing to loose by not turning around. Usually they'll create an equal balance of artists on their team, gender, style, etc. But this year its a free for all. Someone might have 8, someone might have 22.

With them getting rid of the battles this year, can we assume the coaches will have to take there unlimited number of artists, then pick their top 3 or 4 to move forward? With 40 odd singers never to be seen again? I dunno. Not sure how this will play out.

That aside, the show has been pretty good with some decent artists so far. Mind you, I only watch the singing and judging, I completely fast forward through the back stories and anytime Sonia is on the screen. I highly recommend this way of watching it if you're trying to juggle all 3 shows (Voice, Survivor, The Block).

I read somewhere that after they will be forced to cut their teams down to 5 after the Blind Auditions.

Ratings are still going strong.

Ads are showing an on air proposal. OMG NO, NO, NO! I don't know why people in their right mind think that sort of thing is ok. It's cringe worthy and tacky and I don't want to see that sort of thing in a singing show that I'm watching. If you love public displays of affection and grandstanding audition for MAFS, Love Island etc.

Last edited:
I LOVE all of the judges but I REALLY love Keith...so much so that he converted me to country music...something that I thought would never happen!

Please STOP with the 'artist walking' crap! Some of them may be but some of them are yet to prove themselves...and they're all just singers atm.

There are still too many sob stories and family involvement and over-praising everything.
The judges are really nice though.

I can't watch this! Proposal guy coming up...he may have the greatest voice but it's a NO from me.

He does have a great voice but where would he fit in?

1.2M for the voice last night in the ratings. I just don't get it.
The show is ok, but between The Voice, Survivor and The Block, it is my least favourite.
9 would be SPEWING to see the ratings, considering the shade it threw at 7 when they picked it up.

1.2M for the voice last night in the ratings. I just don't get it.
The show is ok, but between The Voice, Survivor and The Block, it is my least favourite.
9 would be SPEWING to see the ratings, considering the shade it threw at 7 when they picked it up.

Doesn't The Voice normally rate well during auditions and then drops off?

Topping the two older demos and second in the younger demo (behind survivor) is pretty outstanding for the voice. IMO taking away the limit for each team makes the blinds more exciting. And yeah @Sephrenia normally does drop off after the blinds. But it’s setting it up to drop off a bit and still be a ratings hit. Launching off the back of the Olympics was a great strategy. It’s exciting TV.
I think it’s the best mix of judges they’ve ever had on the Aussie version bar maybe the first year which had the benefit of being new and sparkly.

Back