Skip to main content

The Voice 2020

Agreed. Even in the US, the Voice produces good singers, but never the stars that American Idol did.

American Idol really only produced a small handful of legitimate stars... After the first few seasons it became just as much a TV show.

That is the thing in the UK The Voice shifted from BBC to ITV and it was better move

They didn't. 9 has said they are making more seasons of Love Island because it does so well on 9Now.

The rights lapsed and ITV even pitched it to Seven. Nine might have requisitioned since - they certainly would have had pricing leverage if Seven turned them down. It's nowhere near the tentpole that Nine needs though.

Reading between the lines, Nine are desperate for content and are picking at crumbs. Upfronts are going to be interesting.

The rights lapsed and ITV even pitched it to Seven. Nine might have requisitioned since - they certainly would have had pricing leverage if Seven turned them down. It's nowhere near the tentpole that Nine needs though.

Reading between the lines, Nine are desperate for content and are picking at crumbs. Upfronts are going to be interesting.

7 seem to be equally desperate picking up 9's leftovers.

Hopefully they keep Darren in a minor role, and ditch Renee who contributed nothing.

The ideal judges lineup would be to keep Guy, Delta and George, and swap out Kelly Rowland for Jess Mauboy or Ricki-Lee.

Hopefully they keep Darren in a minor role, and ditch Renee who contributed nothing.

The ideal judges lineup would be to keep Guy, Delta and George, and swap out Kelly Rowland for Jess Mauboy or Ricki-Lee.

Season will be cancelled if they follow your suggestion.

Change it up completely or I ain't watching.

Who would you suggest?

I'd suggest they get rid of all 4 coaches especially Guy.

Sounds like they are rebranding the whole show. Would not sit right having the same old with the rebrand. Sonia should not be hosting either.

Reactions: kxk

Nooooo, they should keep Renee!

I'd get rid of all the coaches and run a new lineup:

1. Nick Jonas
2. Amy Shark
3. Iggy Azalea
4. Conrad Sewell.

I read they are going with an all Aussie lineup to keep the costs down.

Jess Mauboy, Amy Shark and Conrad Sewell would all be brilliant! Maybe Vanessa Amorosi, Anthony Callea or Casey Donovan might get a look in?

We have so much talent in this country, and really don't utilise it nearly enough. I don't want to see Guy Sebastian, Nat Bass or an ex-wiggle coaching! Time to really freshen it up!

Going straight from blinds to semi's is a bit off though, I do really enjoy the battles!

I really like him as well, but for some reason I didn't like him on the voice. There was something about him that irritated me.

I'm also a big Delta fan and don't understand all the hate she gets on social media when the voice airs.. I think she's a great coach, a very proud Australian and super passionate. But I can see why she might not be everyone's cup of tea haha

I don't like Guy because he represents what I don't like. A person who plays favourites from the beginning.

HUGE Guy fan here since before he was on Idol. I’ve been to every tour multiple times and a fair few other live appearances. So I’m pretty biased. In fact I had stopped watching the Voice for a couple of years and came back when they added Guy.

HOWEVER ... I will say that I was a little frustrated with the manufactured drama this year 🙄. I guess it is what it is and it’s going to be Guy or someone else so why not himJust have to accept the Voice is and always has been more fake drama and judge-centric than Australian Idol ever was.

I wouldn’t mind something like Guy, Delta (have really come to like Delta on the show, she mentioned this year that she has grown up while being a judge and I can see how she has matured. I’ve got front row tickets to her tour next year aha), Keith and someone else.

Part of me would love to see Marcia Hines, but I think the Voice generally want a bigger name OR more recent talent.

I've loved Guy since Idol but because I live in the sticks I've never seen him live (truthfully, I've seen very few artists live). I love Delta too and like @rj90 I don't get the hate. I admire her for so many reasons...she's been through a lot for one so young and she never whinges and whines about it. She just gets on with her passion for music.

7 have announced that they plan to film The Voice over several weeks instead of months. Seems the show will be a rushed mess just like Big Brother was this year. 7 are the worst at making reality shows. What is the point of paying millions for these shows if you are not going to produce them properly?

7 have announced that they plan to film The Voice over several weeks instead of months. Seems the show will be a rushed mess just like Big Brother was this year. 7 are the worst at making reality shows. What is the point of paying millions for these shows if you are not going to produce them properly?
$$$

Back