Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

So it could be past Christmas?
It could be. Pretty sure I read somewhere today that it is likely to be as well.
I've thought about tweeting this to Daniel Andrews but I think I'd be wasting my time...

Mr Premier,
I guess you get to kiss and hug your kids...but I don't.
I guess you will celebrate Christmas with them...but I'm afraid I won't with mine.
And why is this? Because you took matters into your own hands...and look where that has gotten us.

I've thought about tweeting this to Daniel Andrews but I think I'd be wasting my time...

Mr Premier,
I guess you get to kiss and hug your kids...but I don't.
I guess you will celebrate Christmas with them...but I'm afraid I won't with mine.
And why is this? Because you took matters into your own hands...and look where that has gotten us.

Yep. It’s unfortunate. Only person Andrews cares about is himself.

Yep. It’s unfortunate. Only person Andrews cares about is himself.

It seems like Daniel Andrews has failed Victoria.
I really shouldn't moan as much as I do because I'm actually one of the lucky ones. I have no financial worries and I have a job (which I don't want but that's beside the point) I'm not locked up like the people in Melbourne and also have a large property to wander about IF I wanted to...so cabin fever isn't a problem for me. BUT I miss my kids terribly.

He doesn't seem to fit the bill of someone who gives up easily, does he? BUT they're the rumours.

I don't know. I don't know how much support he has within the ranks or otherwise. Nor do I know what faction he belongs to and whether there are others that will move against him.

@Affable might know?

Oh boy
My local coles was/is hotspot.....was going to shop there today
Said to be safe now, but I will avoid oakleigh and Chadstone for the foreseeable future
Almost visited Chadstone recently, glad someone informed me Aldi is closed there for renovations
I love oakleigh shopping damn it, unbeatable veggie shops there and a great little market

Oh boy
My local coles was/is hotspot.....was going to shop there today
Said to be safe now, but I will avoid oakleigh and Chadstone for the foreseeable future
Almost visited Chadstone recently, glad someone informed me Aldi is closed there for renovations
I love oakleigh shopping damn it, unbeatable veggie shops there and a great little market

Yes probably a good idea to try another safer place for some shopping if it's at all possible during these times. There was some study recently done by the CSIRO that this virus can live on surfaces for up to 28 days, bit of a worry.

Reactions: kxk
yes @Converse
That 28 day thing is frightening
I now strip off when i get home, clothes get washed, and i have a shower
Also grab a handful of those sanitiser wipes at the supermarket, and keep cleaning regularly whilst shopping

Omnibus, a way for the Andrews government to burst into your house to jab you with the injection if you refuse to get it when he announces it is mandatory?

Are they offering free home delivery then?
Excellent........ I doubt they will find anything more than a flu type thing, hit mostly, but misses new mutations sometimes

Back