Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Hi everyone just an update on my earlier post regarding the forced NBN rollout and current COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne.

I have tried to write to the government agencies and also NBNco and also Tel$tra about my issue regarding the current pandemic situation and residents being forced to change over to an NBN landline phone service if they still want to be connected during this time.

Well guess what, both NBNco and Tel$tra are currently experiencing very low staff numbers due to the Coronavirus pandemic and that service and response times will be very slow and take some time. Ok then if that's the case why the hell are they still forcing residents to switch over to NBN at this point in time considering what we are all going through?! Argh! I have got no response from my letter to the goverment about this issue but i'm sure someone in that department has taken note of it somewhere.

Anyway I have deliberately not contacted Tel$tra to order my new NBN service during this pandemic, screw them and the NBN. I don't think it's right for both the NBN worker and my household to have to let someone into these premises for what could be hours of work to connect a new cable to a point in this house to enable me to have a working landline when we are experiencing these harsh restrictions during this pandemic.

I am now waiting to see if NBN disconnects my landline anyday now as I have now past the official cut off date to install a new NBN service at my premises.

Exciting times ahead!

Reactions: kxk
Like the Nixon tapes
giphy.gif

Like you, im a bit of a nixon buff.
Loathesome polly.
But. His work in establishing china as viable trade partner was before its time.
Unheralded

Like you, im a bit of a nixon buff.
Loathesome polly.
But. His work in establishing china as viable trade partner was before its time.
Unheralded

Oh I wouldn't say I'm a buff, but I do enjoy reading about him. A rather tragic figure

Oh I wouldn't say I'm a buff, but I do enjoy reading about him. A rather tragic figure
True. But a cunning snarly dog in politics. That cant be denied.
Im sure you have but if you havent, watch the movie "All the presidents men"

Back