Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Went out today, people everywhere. Honestly, it was like a normal busy Friday down at the local shopping street. Carparks near full, people everywhere.

People really don't give a shit.

A lot of people lack basic hygiene or claim others are over sensitive.

As I understand it, the risks of catching this from touching stuff is minimal, if it wasn't we'd all be screwed. Still, basic hygiene. I'm already a bit of a germaphobe and so it doesn't change things too much for me.

I filled my car up today, used hand sanitiser that was in my pocket. Even still, back in my car I have a pump in the console and used it again.

Don't you live in Melbourne? I thought that place was meant to be a ghost town.

To be expected really..

Dangerously delusional dictator Daniel Andrews will probably now bring out even more stormtroopers to even further his vice like grip on the poor citizens of Victoria now thanks to some people's stupidity.

Dangerously delusional dictator Daniel Andrews will probably now bring out even more stormtroopers to even further his vice like grip on the poor citizens of Victoria now thanks to some people's stupidity.

Won’t stop until Victoria is under martial law.

Don't you live in Melbourne? I thought that place was meant to be a ghost town.

I live in a suburb of Melbourne.

The shops were a ghost town during the first lockdown, this was back to normal, not even like the late stages of the first lockdown.

Yesterday I went for a run at the rive and it was also really packed. Although I'm working on figuring out what times it's quiet. Earlier in the week I went a couple hours earlier and it was sparse.

How would you fix Victoria since Stage 4 is not working?

We need to give it at least two more weeks and see where we're at. If it doesn't work, we're screwed. We'll have to open up, quarantine oldies, at risk people, make people take their own precautions.

I think the government is doing a pretty good job all things considered. I can't imagine someone like Anthony Albanese running the show.
I am aware of Peta Credlin's background and I am surprised that instead of supporting and encouraging the government, she seems to be doing exactly the opposite, if the last few videos posted here are anything to go by.

It's exactly what American Leftists are doing: Bring down the incumbent leader at all costs... but presenting no viable alternative both in leader or in sound policies. ...except, Peta Credlin is not on the Left.
She also has fallen victim to the temptation of peppering her complaints with figures and numbers which, if not presented within context, are utterly meaningless.
However, one number in the above video is NOT meaningless to people on unemployment benefit and that is the number '20'.
Credlin seems unaware that many unemployed rely on public transport and that in some states no concession fares are available for those on the dole. ...and because she IS NOT on the dole and DOES NOT rely on public transport, she has no idea how the fare money alone cuts into the budget of those looking for a job.

To be critical is not only a good thing, it's also important for a healthy society. Criticizing without offering an alternative however is useless. As Roosevelt so aptly stated: Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining.

Interesting post Dystopia! If Peta Credlin was the Premier of Victoria do you think she'd be handling the pandemic situation better than Dan Andrews?

I'm not an Alan Jones fan but this is interesting!

Alan Jones: "Well to the lady whom you all tell me should vacate the deluxe chair and run the joint. I'll tell you what, with Peta Credlin in charge we wouldn't be enduring this sort of nonsense. She's one of our political hopes of the future. The near future I hope at that..."

Last edited:

Rita mentioned herd immunity.

Rita Panahi at 1:58: "The rest of the world is adapting and whether they planned it or not they're moving slowly towards herd immunity and reopening their societies, while Australia has adopted something resembling an elimination strategy but without explicitly saying so. If elimination is the goal then without a vaccine or herd immunity Australia along with New Zealand would have to remain closed to the rest of the world indefinitely to ensure the virus does not re-emerge. That would be disastrous on a number of fronts with the human, social and economic cost outstripping anything we've seen thus far."

Last edited:
Back