Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Hopefully Daniel Andrews doesn't ease the restrictions on Monday. 22 new cases in Victoria is no good. Those restrictions need to stay in place.

Yes I'm guessing Victoria will be the last, or one of the last to lift restrictions.

Qld premier was talking about starting to reopen resteraunts and pubs from next month.

Reactions: kxk
Cheers. Well you swab yourself, both sides at the back of your throat (back where you gag a little) and then, with the same swab, twirl for 10 seconds up each nostril (tickles, made me sneeze). I went directly through with no waiting, only saw one other person there for testing. Results via SMS came back in about 7 hours.
I’ll tell you a secret.

Initially we would do two seperate swabs, one for the throat and one for the nose, but we were fast running out of swabs, so we were able to do two swabs for the price of one with an accurate response only using the one swab. The nasal swab should feel horrendous, You are meant to push the swab up to the point it feels it is touching your brain. For me it was fucking awful. I’ve been swabbed twice so far.

That is a great result 7 hours. Ours are taking 24 hours. We are still seeing a high number through our fever clinic. I have to say our governments response has been brilliant. Setting up those fever clinics was a great idea,

I have a gf who is part of the tracking team and the whispers are we may have dodged the hit to the health system, still early days, but if we all continue to follow government recommendations our winter looks promising. Apparently the covid virus likes the winter better, so as we move into the colder months we will see if we have done enough.

I think the tragic outcome we saw in that nursing home demonstrates the danger we are dealing with when it comes to the more vulnerable demographic.

a54868d2cba133409ed65c9d30d9d4d8

fb389bc8185217c2fa411ce67e3252b3

d352a9bce0569a3563d5db62b55f59c5

Foolish, or not foolish? That is the question.

The nasal swab should feel horrendous, You are meant to push the swab up to the point it feels it is touching your brain
I read this when you posted it, and then one of my friends shared a Tiktok video of a guy getting a nasal swab. OMG! I cannot believe you an stick something that far up your nose and not cause a brain injury! Yikes. O_O

ETA: More on this subject from The Chaser:

Last edited:
...during this lockdown I grew my first ever full facial beard and moustache... I had a moustache only for about 45 years I guess but never a full beard with it because hair would not grow on my face between my sideburns and my chin lol!... it felt really weird to have it after waiting (and wishing) all these years for it to grow there...

...from having a ‘bum fluff’ goatee when I could grow facial hair as a teenager and having to wait all these years for it to finally get around to growing in that area on my face at last I was kind of disappointed in it... I looked like s shipwreck victim... it was horrendous!... lol!... the sigh of relief that came from my sweet darling wife this morning when I told her that I was shaving it off this morning was like she just won the lottery lol!...

...oh well... I waited all of these years to find out what it would feel like with a full beard... I’ve finally done it... Tick ✔️... that’s off my list!... now to find some other long wanted bit of whimsy to occupy my mind lol!... and... 50 years since the release of The Beatles album ‘Let It Be’... wow!... now I DO feel old lol!... cheers.

Last edited:
L!...
Sticky, you should have trimmed and styled it... you can't just let it grow and call it a beard. Well you can but you'd look like a shipwreck victim. Should have got out the scissors, clippers and hair straightener :D

...it was one of those ‘I can't to be bovverd‘ moments unfortunately timmy my friend lol!... cheers.

L!...

...it was one of those ‘I can't to be bovverd‘ moments unfortunately timmy my friend lol!... cheers.

And good wishes to you MR s.
How Ive missed our lunatic table tennis humour in your fine live threads.
Trust you are pottering along ok.

Reactions: kxk
Because I am going to get Covid19. Our dumb Prime Minister even admitted that there would be outbreaks.

I think a lot of people are going to get coronavirus eventually. And yes there will be outbreaks, I guess that will be the heavy price that is paid for reopening up Australia.

Back