Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I don’t have a desperate need to make it about me and my father Trala. I’m making a response to your unfounded comment that he is ignorant. I object to you making assumptions. And yes of course I have given my father a ring. You haven’t been on the forum much recently as far as I can see and people are just chatting about this and that but every now and then you suddenly bowl in and pick a fight with someone.

Seriously?

You brought your father into this! And you have changed the narrative to be about your father.

After you made this about your father I clearly stated more than once IF your father is ignoring scientific based health advice and visiting his local supermarket up to three times a week he is putting himself and others at risk, which Is selfish. I notice despite embracing your outrage, you still haven’t stated if he visits the shops three times per week.

And your right, I haven’t been on the forum much recently and opinions like yours are exactly why. If a person has an opinion different to yours you view that as “picking a fight” rather than a debate.

The bottom line is I am genuinely shocked that when it comes to this part of the internet, the demographic the country is trying to protect ie aged and compromised thinks it’s okay to break the very rule that has been specifically design to protect THEM! This is coming at a HUGE cost to our country, and given I am part of the front line when it comes to nursing the sick, this selfish and ignorant attitude fucks me off.

But typical BBB Off Topic forum style, I’m the mean bully stalker, and you and Sticky get to be the victims of my bowling and fighting.

Australia has online shopping or at least click and collect and I believe people in the age demographic being discussed or anyone with a respiratory disease, should be encouraged to use this service rather than risk visiting the supermarket directly. For example to use my own parents they are in lockdown in nz. Over 70 were asked to stay home even before the rest of the country went into lockdown. They had never done online shopping so we offered to do it for them. Now we have done it a couple of times and got them set up with a over seventies priority they are happy to do it themselves, and looking forward to what other stores they can get things delivered from as the country move into lesser restrictions. I want to see my parents stay safe. I want to see as many people as possible stay safe. I see what is happening in the states and it horrifies me, and I don't want Australia to have the complacency and terrible leadership decisions that leads us to that.

Isn't it a fifty dollars minimum for delivery? Or have they lowered that?
Woolies is $15, it used to be $9 a few months ago, and up until this week, we've been unable to do an online Woolies shop, all the delivery windows have been closed.

I have been shopping for my mom,she lives up the road from me ...so I go shop and leave it outside her door .Rather me than some stranger that she would have to let into the complex. We havent been to the shops a lot but I have had to go to the vet a few times to get pet food. Our woolies the delivery times are ridiculous it's just easier to go yourself...also shops have senior hours for those that have no choice.

Hubby is going back to work tomorrow,his company has a essential certificate and he has a big cabling job to start but thankfully it will be in an empty building with no other people ,he was also a germaphobe before this started so I am sure he will protect himself but I worry about the police stopping him....they can be quite corrupt.

Reactions: Tee
Seriously?

You brought your father into this! And you have changed the narrative to be about your father.

After you made this about your father I clearly stated more than once IF your father is ignoring scientific based health advice and visiting his local supermarket up to three times a week he is putting himself and others at risk, which Is selfish. I notice despite embracing your outrage, you still haven’t stated if he visits the shops three times per week.

And your right, I haven’t been on the forum much recently and opinions like yours are exactly why. If a person has an opinion different to yours you view that as “picking a fight” rather than a debate.

The bottom line is I am genuinely shocked that when it comes to this part of the internet, the demographic the country is trying to protect ie aged and compromised thinks it’s okay to break the very rule that has been specifically design to protect THEM! This is coming at a HUGE cost to our country, and given I am part of the front line when it comes to nursing the sick, this selfish and ignorant attitude fucks me off.

But typical BBB Off Topic forum style, I’m the mean bully stalker, and you and Sticky get to be the victims of my bowling and fighting.
Well so logically then I guess if I and my opinions are still here - which we are - then you won‘t be visiting the forums.

*️DRUM ROLL*️

I managed to buy toilet rolls today, it was like striking oil! :D
Some shops might be allowed to open here next week, Being allowed into a shop again (that is not a grocer or a pharmacy) will be like ... I don’t know... Christmas/Carnival/the Boxing Day sales.....?! (I am worried there will be a stampede).
We all have to wear a mouth/nose covering though. Sigh.

Some shops might be allowed to open here next week, Being allowed into a shop again (that is not a grocer or a pharmacy) will be like ... I don’t know... Christmas/Carnival/the Boxing Day sales.....?! (I am worried there will be a stampede).
We all have to wear a mouth/nose covering though. Sigh.
It'll be like a grand outing. Time to put your best clothes on! (no other reason to wear them!)

Back