Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I gave up half way this week, had horrible freeze frames and I got too bored, waiting, waiting.....

And, too many movie and booze questions....and I got one photo right

It is way better in the pub, spelling and missing ā€œtheā€ donā€™t matter, and our host guy is heaps of fun, do not know this guy
I won once, decent prizes, $75 voucher for food & wine, and a nice bottle of red

Did you see prizes are coming
I really love that they are doing this, breaks up the week a bit

...gee!... Iā€™m so sorry for not conforming to your new rules about shopping only once a week ā€™The Governmentā€™... because... we recently sold our old home of about 40 years and have ā€˜downsizedā€™ and moved into a smaller Villa that has a lot less space and storage for shopping that we have always been used to... therefore... instead of doing a massive shop every fortnight we now have to buy food and shopping every couple of days or so instead ā€˜The Governmentā€™...

...now... we only buy food that weā€™re going to eat in a couple of days or so... limited space forces us to do that ā€™The Governmentā€™... being that Coles and Woolworths are only 5 minutes away from us and that we pass both stores during our daily exercise of walking (or riding in my powered wheelchair in my case) when we are walking back home from our daily exercise routine and pass those stores we tend to pop in and get our much needed shopping every second or third day... we call it ā€œkilling two birds with one stoneā€... (thatā€™s an old people saying)... itā€™s the most logical thing to do when you have limited space as far as weā€™re concerned...

...so Iā€™m sorry ā€™The Governmentā€™ but I doubt that weā€™re the only ā€˜old peopleā€™ that are doing this... weā€™re doing it out of ā€˜necessityā€ NOT ā€˜wilful defianceā€™or ā€˜wilful disregardā€˜ of the Law or the rules that change every day... as ā€˜Vinny Barbarinoā€™ in ā€˜Welcome Back Kotterā€™ used to say...

...so as I said The Governmentā€™... ā€œsorry about that!ā€... cheers.

Last edited:
I am baking a lot, watching you tube stuff, SBS docos
Going to start online dance lessons; and online fitness routines
Checking anything free being offered, like MSO every thursday night live performance

I saw some of Facebook from DWTS Australia. I am absolutely loving the Jive.

Reactions: kxk
...gee!... Iā€™m so sorry for not conforming to your new rules about shopping only once a week ā€™The Governmentā€™... because... we recently sold our old home of about 40 years and have ā€˜downsizedā€™ and moved into a smaller Villa that has a lot less space and storage for shopping that we have always been used to... therefore... instead of doing a massive shop every fortnight we now have to buy food and shopping every couple of days or so instead ā€˜The Governmentā€™...

...now... we only buy food that weā€™re going to eat in a couple of days or so... limited space forces us to do that ā€™The Governmentā€™... being that Coles and Woolworths are only 5 minutes away from us and that we pass both stores during our daily exercise of walking (or riding in my powered wheelchair in my case) when we are walking back home from our daily exercise routine and pass those stores we tend to pop in and get our much needed shopping every second or third day... we call it ā€œkilling two birds with one stoneā€... (thatā€™s an old people saying)... itā€™s the most logical thing to do when you have limited space as far as weā€™re concerned...

...so Iā€™m sorry ā€™The Governmentā€™ but I doubt that weā€™re the only ā€˜old peopleā€™ that are doing this... weā€™re doing it out of ā€˜necessityā€ NOT ā€˜wilful defianceā€™or ā€˜wilful disregardā€˜ of the Law or the rules that change every day... as ā€˜Vinny Barbarinoā€™ in ā€˜Welcome Back Kotterā€™ used to say...

...so as I said The Governmentā€™... ā€œsorry about that!ā€... cheers.
Iā€™m not sure what is confusing about the governmentā€™s message. Given the direction has come from the World Health Organisation, I thought the message was clear, but since you are ā€œconfusedā€, let me break it down for you.

Given you are wheelchair bound, and your darling wife is in her 70ā€™s you are the EXACT demographic that can suffer fatal complications from this virus. You could need hospitalisation which means you are now putting doctors, nurses, cleaning staff, kitchen staff etc at risk.

The fact you have convinced yourself you need to go to the shops 2 to 3 times per week, despite constant warnings is not logical, it is selfish, ignorant and insulting to your community and your health service.

If we as a country donā€™t unite in following the rules to flatten the curve and stop the spread of covid, we will end up in a similar situation to the UK. One of my nursing friends is British and she worked in a smaller hospital there and she spoke to her a friend (who still works there) and she shared ICU nurses, who usually nurse 1:1 ventilated patients are having to look after 5 ventilated patients at once, workers like AOā€™s, physioā€™s, cleaners are being called to do crash courses in ventilation to offer support. No sooner a patient dies another is being lined up for ventilation. Nurses and doctors have been left critically unwell nursing theses super contagious patients. Bottom line, if you canā€™t follow these basic rules for your own health, do it for your community.

I think there are people far more selfish, ignorant and insulting than Mr Stickyfingers. Mr Stickyfingers seems to be merely in a difficult situation rather than selfishly specifically trying to insult anybody.

My dad is 84 and lives on his own and has to go to the shops sometimes. I am overseas and canā€™t go for him. Heā€˜s not trying to be selfish or insulting, nor is he ignorant.

I think there are people far more selfish, ignorant and insulting than Mr Stickyfingers. Mr Stickyfingers seems to be merely in a difficult situation rather than selfishly specifically trying to insult anybody.

My dad is 84 and lives on his own and has to go to the shops sometimes. I am overseas and canā€™t go for him. Heā€˜s not trying to be selfish or insulting, nor is he ignorant.

I totally agree. But does that make it right?

I am not talking about sometimes. I am talking visiting stores up to 3 times per week. If your Dad needs further support, there are services which have been set up to protect your dad, there is also a shop time for the elderly which has been set up to reduce their risk. The bottom line is, if your dad, like Sticky, is visiting the shop 2-3 times per week he is selfish, ignorant and his choices are a direct insult to the health care system.

...Tralaā€¦ quite a few years ago we used to be friendsā€¦ we had a massive public argument on these forums... Iā€™m not happy about that but it happenedā€¦ it got very nastyā€¦ from that time onwards you have never been considered to be my friend by meā€¦ there are only about 3 - 4 people on these forums that I donā€™t bother to talk toā€¦ you are #1 on that listā€¦ being that I get along with about 95% of people of my entire lifetime there is only 5% of people that I tend to avoidā€¦ you are among that 5%...

...being that you are among that 5%... Iā€™m sorryā€¦ but I have absolutely no respect for youā€¦ no respect for your opinionsā€¦ no respect for your thoughts or ideasā€¦ in factā€¦ I donā€™t even like youā€¦ therefore I am not going to get into another public brawl with you about your opinionā€¦ I wrote my postā€¦ I stated as to why we do itā€¦ whether itā€™s the right or wrong thing to do?... so be it!...

...people can read my post and make their own mind up on whether itā€™s the right or wrong thing that we are doingā€¦ they can even comment on it and I will take it on board because I respect them and their opinionsā€¦ yours?... meh!... we have not communicated for quite a few yearsā€¦ Iā€™ll be very happy if that continues thanking you in advanceā€¦

...you can say whatever you like about this and my other post if you like and I couldnā€™t care lessā€¦ I am not going to answerā€¦ so go aheadā€¦ knock yourself outā€¦ people can make their conclusions on what you say if they can be botheredā€¦ please donā€™t try and speak to me again thankyou Tralaā€¦ cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Surely no cupboard or fridge is so small that you need to shop every two or three days?

...since the lockdown has started reepbot... my sweet darling wife has never cooked so many home meals so much before lol!... therefore weā€™ve had to stock up on things that we never had before... plus the stuff that we already had in there for what we usually use... we had ā€˜potato bakeā€™ last night for the first time in years... my sweet darling wife is always cooking lately... sheā€™s doing it out of boredom I suppose lol!... (yes.. Iā€™m getting fatter before you ask lol!)... so yes as we pass Woolworths during our usual exercise for instance... sheā€™ll call in to get what she needs for that next recipe etc...

...we usually go during the allocated ā€˜pensionerā€™ times and follow the social distance rules of the store as instructed by the staff... only go in when ā€˜countedā€™ in so as there are not too many in the store at one time... we only go to ā€˜top upā€™ stuff that is needed... having a ā€˜shopping listā€™ is no bother because my sweet darling wife has never yet gone to the supermarket without one in the 42 years that I have been with her... we are following all the needed rules otherwise... so anyways... cheers.

Back