Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

...Trala… quite a few years ago we used to be friends… we had a massive public argument on these forums... I’m not happy about that but it happened… it got very nasty… from that time onwards you have never been considered to be my friend by me… there are only about 3 - 4 people on these forums that I don’t bother to talk to… you are #️1 on that list… being that I get along with about 95% of people of my entire lifetime there is only 5% of people that I tend to avoid… you are among that 5%...

...being that you are among that 5%... I’m sorry… but I have absolutely no respect for you… no respect for your opinions… no respect for your thoughts or ideas… in fact… I don’t even like you… therefore I am not going to get into another public brawl with you about your opinion… I wrote my post… I stated as to why we do it… whether it’s the right or wrong thing to do?... so be it!...

...people can read my post and make their own mind up on whether it’s the right or wrong thing that we are doing… they can even comment on it and I will take it on board because I respect them and their opinions… yours?... meh!... we have not communicated for quite a few years… I’ll be very happy if that continues thanking you in advance…

...you can say whatever you like about this and my other post if you like and I couldn’t care less… I am not going to answer… so go ahead… knock yourself out… people can make their conclusions on what you say if they can be bothered… please don’t try and speak to me again thankyou Trala… cheers.
We didn’t have a massive falling out. We had a discussion where I felt you referring to a BB contestant, who was young enough to be your granddaughter, as a slut and harlot because she was kissing someone who other boyfriend offensive and inappropriate language and I called you on it. You didn’t like my opinion and took deep offensive to the fact I disagreed with you. It didn’t get ugly. It was two grown ups with a different opinion robustly discussing their views.

I will respond to whomever I choose. You don’t get to control my actions. And just for the record, if publicly stating your dislike for me was designed to hurt me, you missed your mark. I in turn could publicly state exactly my feelings regarding you, but what would be the point? This discussion is about covid restrictions and my feelings on your blatant disregard for them.

I don’t agree. My dad isn’t selfish or ignorant nor is he trying to insult anyone. He’s a scientist with a doctorate who has worked for the CSIRO for about fifty years contributing to scientific research,
And that’s your prerogative.

I understand you are desperate to make this about you and your father, but I stand firm. If your father is in fact visiting his local supermarket 2-3 times per week despite the scientific based evidence he is selfish and ignorant.

But please, PLEASE given your father is an educated man from a scientific background, give him a ring, ask him how he feels about two people who fit the exact demographic when it comes to fatal complications and covid, ignoring all warnings from health professionals whose findings are based on scientific fact, visiting their supermarket 2-3 times per week.

Surely no cupboard or fridge is so small that you need to shop every two or three days?
I currently work with disabled people (eg in wheelchairs etc) who cannot do their own shopping and who don’t live in large places and I can assure you that there are cupboards and fridges that are so small that there needs to be a shop twice a week. Well - the person may not die of starvation of there weren’t but yes they would run out of things.

And that’s your prerogative.

I understand you are desperate to make this about you and your father, but I stand firm. If your father is in fact visiting his local supermarket 2-3 times per week despite the scientific based evidence he is selfish and ignorant.

But please, PLEASE given your father is an educated man from a scientific background, give him a ring, ask him how he feels about two people who fit the exact demographic when it comes to fatal complications and covid, ignoring all warnings from health professionals whose findings are based on scientific fact, visiting their supermarket 2-3 times per week.
I don’t have a desperate need to make it about me and my father Trala. I’m making a response to your unfounded comment that he is ignorant. I object to you making assumptions. And yes of course I have given my father a ring. You haven’t been on the forum much recently as far as I can see and people are just chatting about this and that but every now and then you suddenly bowl in and pick a fight with someone.

Maybe Mr sticky could mentally communicate with the items he wants and they could walk over to his house. And then he could mentally communicate with his money to pay the supermarket.

Back